Fallout 4 Discussion

dannyboy65

I'm currently addicted to this game. I've been a fan of the series since 3 and I've put countless hours into 3. I put a lot of hours into New Vegas too xD. I hate how people are being so negative about Fallout 4 though I love the game and to me it's everything I wanted in a Fallout game. That's my opinion.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm currently addicted to this game. I've been a fan of the series since 3 and I've put countless hours into 3. I put a lot of hours into New Vegas too xD. I hate how people are being so negative about Fallout 4 though I love the game and to me it's everything I wanted in a Fallout game. That's my opinion.

I'm addicted too.

So far it's great, and from what I understand things don't even really get going until you get to Diamond City, which I haven't yet.

I can't wait to see what unfolds.

Rawz

So far I've played for 17ish hours and am level 18. Sanctuary is getting pretty nice, plenty of defenses (no raiders attacks on it so far though, weird). Happiness rating is about 80. Of the main story I've been as far as the glowing sea. The glowing sea is really cool.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a different game then other people because the few people I've talked to act like this game is really hard, but I'm not having much trouble.

FountainandFairfax

I played for 12 hours, then restarted. My melee focus got really difficult really fast. Anyone else have that problem?

I've restarted three times already. I'm never satisfied with my created character for the first couple of efforts, plus I just really love the process of making new characters.

My melee hasn't been a problem but it's because I haven't had to rely on it yet. I'm guessing that my tendency to mostly ignore strength is going to bite me on the fusion core later on?

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

So far I've played for 17ish hours and am level 18. Sanctuary is getting pretty nice, plenty of defenses (no raiders attacks on it so far though, weird). Happiness rating is about 80. Of the main story I've been as far as the glowing sea. The glowing sea is really cool.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing a different game then other people because the few people I've talked to act like this game is really hard, but I'm not having much trouble.

I don't think it's that hard, so far... but I play on the default difficulty setting so maybe they're going hardcore or something.

Although, I will say that I'm surprised by just how many raiders are in the Corvega Factory. I figured the mission would be a walk in the park since it's so early on, something like the super market quest for Moira in FO3, but I got absolutely wrecked in there a few times. You make one wrong move and suddenly you're swarmed from all sides.

Last edited:

Rawz

I started on the default difficulty (medium) and stayed on it until level 3 or something, switched to hard because medium was too easy, and then switch to very hard after awhile. Not sure I want to play it on the hardest settings (tried that with NV, non-essential quest NPCs kept getting killed).

F3/NV/F4 all have been pretty easy. I do die a good amount, but often times I go in guns blazing or make mistakes.

The mirelurk queen was a challenge. I'm glad I have a sniper rifle.

FountainandFairfax

I'm always stealthy and tend to favor sniping, too.

There's nothing sweeter than waiting in the shadows and busting a raider's melon from a hundred yards away.

Rawz

After putting 20 hours into it, the whole settlement part is getting cool. I've been working on a simple house, which now has some cool stuff like a jukebox and pool table (but hooking things up to a generator isn't working, maybe I've reached the limit for that). I've found about half the needed balls, a couple of racks and plenty of pool cues.

I added the settlement signal on the very top roof, along with guard posts and a turret. I wish I had more people so I could have more assigned things. I'm wanting to make sanctuary as big and awesome as possible. Like better than any default ingame city.