facebook/myspace ...cant make one

Why

Ive always wanted to make one of those things.. people always ask "hey u got a myspace/fb?" Im like "nope"
"why?"
"eh im not into that stuff"

in reality i do want one so i can have more social contact and meet more people but my friends all think im some popular dude and probably expect me to have alot of friends. Im scared that people will see im not that interestin and dont have many friends when they see my profile...

how bout u guys>

Ashiene

I honestly don't care what 'normal' people think of me on social networking sites. As long as I get to be on this forum with all these people who understand me, I'm happy enough.

lyricalliaisons

I have both MySpace & facebook. Everyone on my friends list on both sites is someone I've met online-- nearly everyone on some sort-of SA site/group.

PhantomPod

I have a facebook for people I know in real life, so I'm sort of unsure about adding people I know from online and mixing my real and internet lives.

But on facebook I have barely any friends compared to how many friends people on my friends list have. Also, today is my birthday, so I'm anxious that I'm barely going to get anyone to write "happy birthday" on my wall, and then others will see my wall and see that I'm a loser because no one wished me happy birthday. I know I shouldn't care and it shouldn't be such a big deal to me, but I can't stop thinking about it. Today is also my cousin's birthday, so I just left him a message on his wall wishing him a happy birthday. Well he already had about 15 people who wished him a happy birthday, and I only have 1. :( I don't know why I feel like it's a competition, but it still made me sad and got me feeling kinda bad about myself.

Silent Speaking

If you have people to add, even if it's not that many, you could at least try it. It doesn't matter if you don't have as many people as your "friends" or whatever, it's not a competition. It's where you get in trouble if you start thinking that way. My problem is could never even make one because I wouldn't even have one single person to add. Ha! Even if you don't have a lot of friends, you have more than some people!!!!

Why

i dont know.. when i see my friends on facebook lookin at ther own profiles or their frend's.i see mass comments/pics/whatnot and that makes me feel so low.

theblank

I've never had a myspace or facebook page and I don't want to have them either. A few months ago I received e-mail's from four former real life friends who all asked me if I would join facebook so they could add me as a friend. I thought, why don't you just ad me as a real life friend and BE A FRIEND instead of using me as a meaningless statistic?

WastedPotential

the only reason I have a facebook is to emulate other people and make myself look normal.

I used to have it on private so no one could see it, but about a month ago I made it public. my biography notes are a little more revealing of my true nature, no one's said anything about it yet though, soooooo.

still not going to add anyone from my high school because I'd rather them not know what I'm doing with my life now!

the whole myspace/facebook thing is just ****ing retarded, though. newsflash, no one cares about all the worthless minutiae in your life. all these tests people take are meaningless as well - all the results are the same, meant to boost your ego and nothing more.

blah

I sorta tried myspace and facebook, but was really conflicted about how much info to reveal, and never really wanted to contact people I used to know, or people I'd met. I wanted to be honest, but then I figured people would be embarrassed to have me in their friends list (whoa, he's so weird!). So it was kinda pointless.

But I dunno, maybe I'll try making SA-centric profiles and see if people would be able to deal with that. Maybe as secret friends? Do they have that option? lol

PhantomPod

I took a test, which I saw that my cousin took on Facebook, about which original Pokemon I would be, and I got Dugtrio (I one who hides under the dirt and is "shy"). Well, I was too embarrassed to post my results on my page! (as if I have loads of friends who would even see it). My point being that I get nervous about posting things related to my shyness on my facebook (as if people don't already know I'm shy). Like I was looking at some social anxiety groups on there, but I'm too shy to add them because I don't want my "friends" on there to see that I'm part of a social anxiety group.

shrnwarks

I was excatly the same...i didnt want to join the social anxiety group on FB because of what some people might of thought, but then i thought sod it, i dont really care what anyone thinks about any group i join :))

Errordotocx

Myspace really isn't all that bad. You can keep your profile private if you don't really want others looking at it and if you are worried about your friend count you can hide your friends list I believe. Of course like you all said there are those who send and accept friend requests to just increase their friend count and i'll even say that I do it a bit. But overall it's a good way for me to keep in contact with friends or people i've just met. People have different views I guess on these social networks. I believe they help people come together. But of course thats my opinion.