F0AM's Horror Den AKA The Creepy Shitty Thread

F0AM

After seeing all the ppl participating in recommending me horror stuff (didn't expect so many responses!) i felt bad because i took a lot of space and didn't want to bother other ppl in what i think is a thread dedicated to express how you feel.

Since a lot of horror stuff not mentioned on that other thread came to my mind, i decided to create a new one focused on horror, that way i can post all i want without taking space from probably more interesting matters.

Feel free to participate by adding stuff like: Movies, Books, Comics, Videogames, Creepypastas or urban legends from where you live (or any you know and want to share, very interested in these)

If you do so, try to add a pic, synopsis and your thoughts please! (unless it is a creepypasta or an urban legend)

The intention of this post is not only to share horror stuff with others but also to help me when i anxious (making lists helps me relaxing)! *i can still post while feeling good lol

Yes, there are websites for this kind of things but just like there are spanish specefic SP sites (in fact sometimes i participate in one of them) i like this place and the people in it, i feel very comfortable and you guys are like cool neighbours : ) .....oh yes, since this is the horror thread i should use :) instead.

:)

images
creepy_smiley_by_linkmasterdude-db05oa4.png

Don't mind me, just passing by.

F0AM

MOVIE

PRINCE OF DARKNESS By John Carpenter 1987

220px-Prince_of_darkness.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBSEWy8WfY

Synopsis: A priest finds a huge cylinder filled with a green liquid and not knowing what it is, seeks the assistance of a quantum physics professor and his students in order to find it out.

Thoughts: I loved this movie, some people may like stuff due to nostalgia but this is not the case, being from 1987 (the movie, not me; i was born in 1990 xD) i've watched this movie pretty recently (two years ago or so) and find it amazing. Very creepy. And those homeless ppl were really scary.

Pros: Good story, acting and soundtrack
cons: Maybe some special effects are a little outdated, but the movie was so good that i didn't mind.

princeofdarkness.jpg
prince-of-darkness-3.jpg
prince-of-darkness.png

Last edited:

F0AM

MOVIE

SOCIETY 1989 tho released in 1992

ec3cf49c9700db77c297d394c39701f2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHzfyiZE_A

Synopsis: Beverly Hills, California. Popular high school student Bill Whitney has a "regular" life until his sister's ex-boyfriend gives him a recorded tape of what it seems to be his own family involved in an orgy...from that moment on, his life will become weirder by the minute.

Thoughts: AMAZING this is a very special movie to me because i watched it on tv and my expectations were really low, but to my surprise it was really good. It kept me interested the whole time wanting to know "what the **** is going on here!". And that final part of the movie...oh boy, i was like: WHAT THE ACTUAL F. i'll never forget that scene, soooo disturbing!!

Pros: Interesting story, BODY HORROR, soundtrack (man, that ending credits song was stucked in my head for...well forever, sometimes i still sing it lol, don't judge me! >.<), weird af

Cons: Some special effects have not aged well lol (tho still "beautiful"), there are characters whose acting is not the best. And what's the deal with Clarissa's mother? she's creepier than the actual society.

This is the song i was talking about, apparently is a twisted version of "Eton Boating song" but i've never heard of it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQJKf3IT_gs

v1.bjs1NjIyNzU7ajsxNzc4MTsxMjAwOzEyODA7NzIw
SOCIETY3.jpg
society_1989_4-1024x576.jpg

"Well son, i guess you're right, i am a butthead"

Last edited:

F0AM

:lol: :lol:
Oh, F0AM, you're too much. I wish we could be friends in real life.

We already are! you have a friend here in Spain :bigsmile: WAIT, this is a horror thread so u must post creepy/dark stuff...:thinking:........ok: then i'll be your creepy friend...much better (not really haha, sounds so weird!)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
This kind of reminds me of reading Fangoria when I was a kid, I had a subscription for years.

Fangoria-number-78-October-1988.jpg

My first (magazine) issue.

It clued-me-in to stuff I'd never know about otherwise, living in a comatose town in 1980's North Carolina. I'd read every issue cover-to-cover, then go out and get the books/rent the videos they'd recommend.

We already are! you have a friend here in Spain :bigsmile: WAIT, this is a horror thread so u must post creepy/dark stuff...:thinking:........ok: then i'll be your creepy friend...much better (not really haha, sounds so weird!)

A creepy friend from Spain?! Just what I always wanted! :D

F0AM

VIDEOGAME

CRYOSTASIS : Sleep of reason 2009​

[
220px-Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob5sutivN6M

Synopsis: 1981 North Pole, years have passed after regaining consciousness and Alexander Nesterov (a russian meteorologist) must discover what has happened to the "North Wind" a nuclear-powered icebreaker he was traveling in, and its no longer-dead transformed crew.

Genre: First person shooter/adventure
Platform: PC

Pros: Some cool mechanincs like experiencing the last moments of a person by touching the corpse (that way you understand what happened), graphics, setting

Meh: ok story, simple gameplay

Cons: Hard to make it work on win 10, non existent/forgettable soundtrack

Pretty cool and fun underrated game.

cry8s.jpg
capture5.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

F0AM

A creepy friend from Spain?! Just what I always wanted! :D

The pact is sealed then!

devil-handshake.jpg

This kind of reminds me of reading Fangoria when I was a kid, I had a subscription for years.

Fangoria-number-78-October-1988.jpg

My first (magazine) issue.

It clued-me-in to stuff I'd never know about otherwise, living in a comatose town in 1980's North Carolina. I'd read every issue cover-to-cover, then go out and get the books/rent the videos they'd recommend.

That's pretty awesome, is that a horror exclusive magazine?? Do you still have any?

Ahh when internet wasn't so common and magazines were everything xD. I used to buy a playstation magazine tho i didn't have the console (had the N64 back then) and i remember when Resident Evil 2 was something new and i could spend hours reading and re-reading all the articles about it (as if something new were going to appear on the pages the more you read it lol). Remember the licker, the zombie policeman, Mr.X and the dogs, they scared the hell outta me but still i was amazed by their appearance.

I used to watch my cousin playing RE2 cos i was too afraid to play the game myself haha, that one and Silent hill...that alley where Harry loses his daughter /shivers. And here i am now, loving horror! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

F0AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4BIUBEYJw

hi foam. good thread, hope you don't mind me sharing a couple of horror videos.

Things seemed to be on the up for Carrie and then it all went to hell as did hundreds of people in the school fire.

But of course Kiwong, Feel free to share all the horror related content you want, You are more than welcome! but you said Carrie used to scare you...Be careful with horror stuff while your heart is still weak!! haha :p

Thank you very much for posting, hope to see you again around here!

FountainandFairfax

That's pretty awesome, is that a horror exclusive magazine?? Do you still have any?

Ahh when internet wasn't so common and magazines were everything xD. I used to buy a playstation magazine tho i didn't have the console (had the N64 back then) and i remember when Resident Evil 2 was something new and i could spend hours reading and re-reading all the articles about it (as if something new were going to appear on the pages the more you read it lol). Remember the licker, the zombie policeman, Mr.X and the dogs, they scared the hell outta me but still i was amazed by their appearance.

I used to watch my cousin playing RE2 cos i was too afraid to play the game myself haha, that one and Silent hill...that alley where Harry loses his daughter /shivers. And here i am now, loving horror! :bigsmile:

Yes, Fangoria is a magazine about all-things horror.

I still have most of my issues (I think), they're actually in boxes downstairs. My brother and step-brothers might've nabbed a few, though. I'm actually kind of afraid to look. :bat:

Magazines used to be crucial. I didn't have internet until 1995, so before that Fangoria and another magazine, GOREZONE were my only conduit to my homeworld, ha ha.

FountainandFairfax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD4BIUBEYJw

hi foam. good thread, hope you don't mind me sharing a couple of horror videos.
t
Things seemed to be on the up for Carrie and then it all went to hell as did hundreds of people in the school fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au-u9RWe0Jo

I still think The Exorcist is the best horror movie ever made. :thumbup:

My dad saw it when he was young and it scared him so bad that you could NEVER bring it up in conversation, ever.

He would rent me all kinds of horror films, but that one was off-limits. :D

F0AM

there's a lot of subtexts and subliminal images in the Exorcist, quite intelligent for a horror movie.. Father Karras is a brave character.

Mind naming some of that subliminal content : )?

And yes, Father Karras is a very brave man, that last scene is a powerfull one!

BTW, curious fact:

In the game "Thief 2: the metal age" the villain's name is also "Father Karras"

latest

But unlike the exorcist Karras, this one is neither good or brave, he is the leader of a cult called "the mechinist order" and tries to eradicate all organic life and replace it with machines by releasing a poisonous gas on an entire city. He also forced beggars and prostitutes into serving him by placing a "special" mask on their heads that nulified their will.
servant3.jpg

As you can see, not a very nice man. :bigsmile:

Sorry i know it is not entirely related to The Exorcist but i just remembered that character and had to mention him! Besides tho not horror, Thief 2 (and the entire franchise) is a very dark game.

F0AM

Yes, Fangoria is a magazine about all-things horror.

I still have most of my issues

Ugh, what is this feeling >-< oh yes it's called envy! i want to read them!!

they're actually in boxes downstairs. My brother and step-brothers might've nabbed a few, though. I'm actually kind of afraid to look. :bat:

They did WHAT!? let's check it out Fountain

tenor.gif

Ready?

I still think The Exorcist is the best horror movie ever made. :thumbup:

My dad saw it when he was young and it scared him so bad that you could NEVER bring it up in conversation, ever.

He would rent me all kinds of horror films, but that one was off-limits. :D

Same here! my parents would let me watch every horror movie with 2 exceptions, The exorcist and Cannibal Holocaust. I'm glad they didn't let me watch the latter, still haven't. knowing of certain scenes being real, i would be very pissed off.

With The Exorcist I experienced this Hype effect when everyone tells you something is extremely good, great, awesome! and once you see it is not as good as you thought it would be coz your expectations were unrealistically high, let's say the movie was 10/10 but my expectations were 20/10. Still i think it was i great movie and i understand the hype.
Also, i was born in 1990 and i didn't watch that film till i was a teenager sooo by that time i already saw a lot of horror films...i was more prepared :p. Probably watching that film back when it was released would have been a different experience. Even then, i loved it.

By the way For a 1973 it has extremely good special effects, it really aged well!!

Last edited:

Kiwong

Brief flashes of faces of the demon appearing in the kitchen and attic are the most well known