F0AM's Horror Den AKA The Creepy Shitty Thread

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Ugh, what is this feeling >-< oh yes it's called envy! i want to read them!!

They did WHAT!? let's check it out Fountain

tenor.gif

Ready?

Same here! my parents would let me watch every horror movie with 2 exceptions, The exorcist and Cannibal Holocaust. I'm glad they didn't let me watch the latter, still haven't. knowing of certain scenes being real, i would be very pissed off.

With The Exorcist I experienced this Hype effect when everyone tells you something is extremely good, great, awesome! and once you see it is not as good as you thought it would be coz your expectations were unrealistically high, let's say the movie was 10/10 but my expectations were 20/10. Still i think it was i great movie and i understand the hype.
Also, i was born in 1990 and i didn't watch that film till i was a teenager sooo by that time i already saw a lot of horror films...i was more prepared :p. Probably watching that film back when it was released would have been a different experience. Even then, i loved it.

By the way For a 1973 it has extremely good special effects, it really aged well!!

I've heard young people say that they thought The Exorcist was actually funny, something I never could've imagined when I saw it as a kid. But it's become such a pop-culture thing now that all the groundbreaking scenes have lost their juice. The vomiting, the head-spinning, the levitation, the masturbation scene, and on and on and on... it's all been spoiled by virtue of losing its context in most cases. Even if you haven't seen the movie, most people have seen those scenes. It's really a shame, it was something special.

Have any of you seen Legion: Exorcist 3? Brad Dourif is phenomenal in that film. He has some of the best dialogue ever, on par with Hannibal Lecter in The Silence Of The Lambs.

I'll never watch Cannibal Holocaust because of the infamous turtle scene, it's a no-go forever. :thumbdown:

F0AM

I've heard young people say that they thought The Exorcist was actually

Yeah, my causin said it made her laugh...i don't know what's funny about that movie, i think it was great: good soundtrack, good actors and a good story; and as i said, the effects are good even now. It fails at nothing, even not being my favourite movie i can see why it was a success.

Have any of you seen Legion: Exorcist 3? Brad Dourif is phenomenal in that film. He has some of the best dialogue ever, on par with Hannibal Lecter in The Silence Of The Lambs.

Nope, i'll watch it as soon as i can!

I'll never watch Cannibal Holocaust because of the infamous turtle scene, it's a no-go forever. :thumbdown:

I knew they also killed a monkey, but wasnt sure if that scene was fake so i googled and not only the monkey was killed but also other animals, according to the wikipedia:

Many of the censorship issues with Cannibal Holocaust concern the on-screen killings of animals. Deodato himself has condemned his past actions, saying "I was stupid to introduce animals."Although six animal deaths appear onscreen, seven animals were killed for the production, as the scene depicting the monkey's death was shot twice, resulting in the death of two monkeys. Both of the animals were eaten by indigenous cast members, who consider monkey brains a delicacy. The animals that were killed onscreen were:

a coati (mistaken for a muskrat in the film), killed with a knife
a large turtle, decapitated and its limbs, shell, and entrails removed
a tarantula, killed with a machete
a boa constrictor, also killed with a machete
a squirrel monkey, decapitated with a machete
a pig, shot in the head with a shotgun at point blank range

https://aminoapps.com/c/horror/page/blog/top-10-facts-cannibal-holocaust/vd1F_nunaYNKW3z74B66XWWrkxX4Gzz

There you can read 10 facts about that film that you may find interesting.

Anyway i'm not watching that film either because i find it in a very bad taste. Sorry Cannibal Holocaust, you've been:

what-to-do-if-you-are-rejected-for-credit-612x281.jpg

FountainandFairfax

Rawhead-Rex-4.jpeg

RAWHEAD REX
so bad it's bad​

It's cheesy, bloody, goodness that doesn't shy away from killing kids and pissing on people.

And while that's awesome enough, what's truly refreshing about the movie is how they don't waste a lot of time trying to hide the monster. Seven-foot tall Heinrich von Schellendorf simply jumps out of the ground and starts killing people in broad daylight, his head flopping-around like a rubber horse mask.

200.gif

yolo​

The film is based on a short story by Clive barker that's much better than the movie and was later adapted into a very good comic book. The comic does a much better job displaying some of the freakier themes going on in the source material. Namely, that Rex is a ten-foot tall penis who swallows men whole, is scared to death of periods, and hates babies. :lol:

975198.jpg

pubic-mane selfy​

In closing, I feel that every horror fan should see Rawhead Rex, as a right of bad-horror movie passage.

Track-down the comic too, if you can; there's sooooo many cool visuals in that one.

F0AM

TV SERIES

YAMISHIBAI: Theater of Darkness

18.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La7Umkop7f4

YamiShibai is a japanese animated tv series. It's a set of Short horror stories. There are 6 seasons (13 episodes each), being the 6th one currently retransmitted.

PROS: Awesome art style, being very creepy for an animated show (something very hard to achieve).

CONS: Episodes are too short, (my opinion) seasons 3 and 4 aren't as good as the first 2 (first one being the best) *haven't seen the last 2 seasons, i'll update this once i've seen them

A very unique show every horror fan should watch.

yami-750x450.jpg
00F.jpg
tumblr_mqudn7Yfqh1r4xqamo1_500.gif

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I love this thread so much! :crying:

The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

MMT-2008.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHvnWuQQidg

A photographer attempting to capture the shadier parts of life gets more than he bargained for when he happens across the path of a subway serial killer.

Over the top gratuitous violence and great visuals. A bit of mystery. Some people didn't like the twist at the end. It wasn't entirely plausible IMO but it fit very well with the feel of the movie.

:thumbup:

FountainandFairfax

It's hard to believe Meat Train is already ten years old, what's harder to believe is that it's a Barker story I haven't seen yet.

I'll probably rectify that tonight.

FountainandFairfax

YAMISHIBAI: Theater of Darkness

YamiShibai is a japanese animated tv series. It's a set of Short horror stories. There are 6 seasons (13 episodes each), being the 6th one currently retransmitted.

PROS: Awesome art style, being very creepy for an animated show (something very hard to achieve).

CONS: Episodes are too short, (my opinion) seasons 3 and 4 aren't as good as the first 2 (first one being the best) *haven't seen the last 2 seasons, i'll update this once i've seen them

A very unique show every horror fan should watch.

The Japanese have mastered creepy.

Being lost in cultural translation means uncertainty, which means uneasiness, which means scary times. :D

F0AM

I love this thread so much! :crying:

Wow, I'm glad to read that Nathaniel!

The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

MMT-2008.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHvnWuQQidg

A photographer attempting to capture the shadier parts of life gets more than he bargained for when he happens across the path of a subway serial killer.

Over the top gratuitous violence and great visuals. A bit of mystery. Some people didn't like the twist at the end. It wasn't entirely plausible IMO but it fit very well with the feel of the movie.

:thumbup:

I don't remember the ending of the movie that much, but love the book and i liked the idea and description of the "fathers" and "the father of fathers" such an intense part of the book!

BOOK SEMI-SPOILER

It was a giant. Without head or limb. Without a feature that was analogous to human, without an organ that made sense, or senses. If it was like anything, it was like a shoal of fish. A thousand snouts all moving in unison, budding, blossoming and withering rhythmically. It was iridescent, like mother of pearl, but it was sometimes deeper than any colour Kaufman knew, or could put a name to. That was all Kaufman could see, and it was more than he wanted to see.

END OF SPOILER

As usually the book explains things better and Kauffman is single (don't know why he's with Maya in the movie).
Tho i like when films differ from the books cause that way is like reading an alternate timeline or a reimagination, keeping the viewer/ reader interested even if he/she has seen/read the counterpart.

If a movie and a book are exactly the same, i think once you'd read/watch one, you'd lose interest in the other.

The Japanese have mastered creepy.

I'm not really a fan of japanese horrormovies, the long haired pale woman stuff they like so much is not my thing lol. But they have some creepy stuff, like lots of urban legends (read a lot of them, i really like those) and i liked a lot "A missed call" the idea of getting a voice mesagge of your future self in his/your last minute of life freaked me out. The US version was also cool (more destined to an occidental/western public), tho i didn't like the ringtone, the japanese one was so epic haha.

Thank you both for your great posts!

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
BOOK SEMI-SPOILER

It was a giant. Without head or limb. Without a feature that was analogous to human, without an organ that made sense, or senses. If it was like anything, it was like a shoal of fish. A thousand snouts all moving in unison, budding, blossoming and withering rhythmically. It was iridescent, like mother of pearl, but it was sometimes deeper than any colour Kaufman knew, or could put a name to. That was all Kaufman could see, and it was more than he wanted to see.

END OF SPOILER

Yeah, that would have been way better than what was in the movie. I have no doubt that budget matters precluded that.

The Devil's Rejects (2005)

Synopsis: a family of serial killers is hunted by a vigilante sheriff whose brother they murdered. Set in the late 1970s.

Rob Zombie's best movie effort. While he describes his Firefly family of psychopathic killers has having "no redeeming characteristics", this isn't entirely honest. They are clearly portrayed as having great love for each other while seeing the rest of the world as prey. Sid Haig (whom Zombie talked into this role after he swore “I’ll never play another stupid heavy again, and I don’t care if that means that I never work, ever”) does a fantastic job as the family patriarch "Captain Spaulding". There are some fun appearances by Danny Trejo and horror movie veteran Michael Berryman among others.

330px-Danny_Trejo_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

330px-Michael_Berryman_2007.png

The 1970s soundtrack is excellent and has a focus in particular on the "Southern rock" genre, culminating almost inevitably with Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird for the final scene to emphasize the underlying theme of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jaa6ZuFyB8

F0AM

Captain Spaulding! i haven't watched this movie, but i remember seeing Spaulding in "House of 1000 corpses" tho only at the beginning. My friend didn't like it but i think it was pretty cool specially that epic ending. Wish we could have seen more about Dr. Satan :/

Btw, i think the lovely Dr. Tragger from "Outlast" was inspired by Dr. Satan.

Richard Tragger

latest

Dr. Satan

doc-satan.jpg

Both great surgeons.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
i remember seeing Spaulding in "House of 1000 corpses" tho only at the beginning.

Both great surgeons.

Yes, that was the 1st movie in the series with Devil's Rejects being the second and altogether better movie. Rumors are there's a 3rd currently in the works.

Captain Spaulding! i haven't watched this movie, but i remember seeing Spaulding in "House of 1000 corpses" tho only at the beginning. My friend didn't like it but i think it was pretty cool specially that epic ending. Wish we could have seen more about Dr. Satan :/

Btw, i think the lovely Dr. Tragger from "Outlast" was inspired by Dr. Satan.

Richard Tragger

latest

Dr. Satan

doc-satan.jpg

Both great surgeons.
Yesssss! Captain Spaulding is my fav!

tumblr_o7sq06m1c11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Last edited:

F0AM

BOOK

CABAL by Clive Barker​

6f666bdd490813f42b193f5ad72d8045.jpg

Synopsis: Aaron Boon, a man suffering from a mental disease, starts looking for Midian (almost write Meridian, and thats from Legacy of Kain lol) a city he's been dreaming of recurrently, after his psychiatrists tells him that he is the responsible for a series of murders.

Pros: Good pacing, easy to read, likeable characters, awesome villain.
Cons: Nothing really important i can think of.

I love this book, so many things going on and all very interesting. I think there are 3 storylines related to boon:

1. Boon and the Nightbreed

The nightbreed overall were pretty cool but there's one that i particularly liked and that's Baphomet, we don't know much about him and tho i would have liked to see more about him, perhaps that lack of information is what makes him so interesting. Just like with "Father of fathers in TMMT* i liked Baphomet depiction in the book:

"Her gaze went with her, into a room with walls of frozen earth, and a floor the same, the latter split form corner to corner, and a fissure opened in it from which a flame column rose four or five times the size of a man...its innards churned upon themselves, turning over and over...There was a body in the fire, hacked limb from limb, human enough that she recognized it as flesh, but no more than that...the creature there—not dead, but alive, not Midian's subject, but its creator—rolled its head over in the turmoil of flame and looked her way.

This was Baphomet. This diced and divided thing. Seeing its face, she screamed. No story or movie screen, no desolation, no bliss, had prepared her for the maker of Midian."

A tattered body, revolving in a column of fire, how cool is that!

WhY tHe F. Is hE A sTAtUE In the MoViE? (i think Nightbreed was a gret movie tho)

2. Boon and Lori (darker version of Beauty and the beast : D)

I think lori was a very strong character that goes through a hell because of her love to Boon, she really loves him and nothing stops her. Her encounter with Decker was very intense as well as her final scene with Boon. I was like:

maxresdefault.jpg

OH MY GOD LORI NOO, BOON WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

3. Boon and Decker some spoilers here

To me Philiph Decker was the best thing in the book, an awesome villain. No superpowers or minions under his command, just he and his lovely mask. Decker is a despiceable character, a monster cosplaying a human :bigsmile:
TV show (Hannibal, tho obvious) and a game "Alice: madness returns spoilers The relationship between Decker and Boon reminds me of Hannibal and Will (tv series), how boon trusts Decker and thinks he's there to help him improving, yet he's just manipulating him and ruining his life...(Also if you have played "American McGee's Alice: Madness returns,[/I] Dr Angus is Decker 2.0 really, was scary af.

Just realized i made spoilers of a book, a tv series and a videogame rofl! that was intense!

Great book. :thumbup:

*TMMT stands for The Midnight Meat Train, not Teen Mutant Mimja Turtles!

Last edited:

F0AM

Yesssss! Captain Spaulding is my fav!

tumblr_o7sq06m1c11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Hahaha that should be our reply to everyone who bothers us! *when you go to Mcdonalds and don't want nuggets included in the meal*

+ONE!
-F. your momma : D
+TWO!
-F. your sister : D
+THREE!
-F. your grandma : D

tenor.gif

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

Ha, Cabal, now we're talkin'.

I actually saw Nightbreed at the theater with my little brother, this was back before anyone gave a crap about letting kids into R-rated movies, and we were the only ones in there. I remember a guy and his girlfriend were in-line in front of us and the girl asked the ticket person "Has anyone even bought tickets for Nightbreed today?" He said "no" so they bought tickets for Hard To Kill instead. The guy looked bummed, I wanted to say "Hey, we're going to see Nightbreed!" but I doubt it would've helped his case. :D

Like you, FOAM, Dr. Decker is what stood out to me the most. To this day, he's one of my favorite horror film characters. One scene I loved in particular was in his boardroom where he had all his knives and murder paraphernalia sprawled-out in front of him on the conference table. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. "Yeah, I'm gonna have something like that one day!" I thought... WTF? :bigsmile:

I read Cabal as well, but it was years later. I actually found a dank copy of it in an abandoned department store and treasured it for many years before losing it in a move. Once again, Decker stood out from everything else. The scene where he's pursuing Lori was very intense, indeed. Barker's a master at visceral terror, you could imagine Decker cutting into her at any moment.

I'd love a Decker standalone film.

They even did a comic version, and a comic with Nightbreed Vs Rawhead Rex, too.

F0AM

VIDEOGAME

FORBIDDEN SIREN 2

256px-R_cover.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVq9gxxYKbw

SYNOPSIS: 2005 a group of different people arrive to Yamijima island, a cursed island whose inhabitants suddenly disappeared after certain events twenty-nine years ago. What are the reasons for these people to be there and what has really happened to the island?

Genre: Survival Horror
Platform: Play Station 2

Pros: Outstanding setting. Very inmersive. More forgivable than the first one. Very original way of telling a story. Scary

Cons: The story can be confusing. Probably will have to play multiple times in order to understand it. sometimes can become a little bit tedious. PS2 exclusive.

Unsettling and grim, this game is probably one of the darkest along Silent hill. Some people may think this could be similar to the Fatal frame series being both japanese, but it has NOTHING to do with FF.

The game's main feature is the "Sightjack" an ability through which you cen see through other people's eyes (both, enemy or ally)

During the game you take control of diferent characters. Each of these characters will tell the story from his/her own POV. Also every one of them has their own playstyle, for example: Yorito nagai (a militar) can use his weapons for a more action-oriented approach, on the other hand Shu Mikami (a blind man, while using him the screen turns black : P) will have to use the sightjack ability on his dog in order to find his way through relying on stealth.

In order to fully understand the story you will have to complete each character's scenarios as well as collect certain items scattered around each of these . In order to get some of them, you will have to complete the stages in a certain way.

One of the best horror games i've played.

3273-4-1.jpg
latest
forbidden-siren-2-4e2636dcefcb8.jpg

Last edited:

F0AM

That looks awesome, I've never even heard of it.

I like how you can see through other people's eyes.

Currently there are 3 games:

Forbidden siren (ps2): known for his high difficulty (sometimes unfair)

Forbidden siren 2 (ps2): my favourite and it has a lot of different characters like the militar, the blind man(a writer) and his dog or a woman taking care of a kid.

Siren: Blood curse (ps3): also pretty cool, was sold in chapters but now you can get all of them at once. It's a reimagination of the first one.

If you don't own a ps2, i think you could emulate the first 2 on pc, shouldn't need a great computer.

And if you own a PS3, you could buy the 12 chapters of "Siren: Blood curse" for 20 dollars but if you wait till sale, you can find them all for 5 (PS store). That's what i did : )

If you like horror games i think these are really good.

BTW you can see through others eyes in all of them. That way you can track enemies and avoid them. hidding is usually adviced since enemies can be pretty dangerous.

Last edited: