F0AM's Horror Den AKA The Creepy Shitty Thread

F0AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Syolg4zG4

the behemoth- I saw this part of the film the mist and was filled with awe, not so much fear. The end of the film atayed with me for some time.

Hello Kiwong!

A great movie with a greater ending : ) :thumbup:

I remember this scene from A nightmare on Elm Street (it was stuck on my head as a kid for a very long time...hell still is lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd7FX-EiEns

One of my favourite scenes!

Also this one from "It: director's cut"

1xit1x9pzdty.gif

:p

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
the behemoth- I saw this part of the film the mist and was filled with awe, not so much fear. The end of the film atayed with me for some time.

Same!

I fear this thread may wither if we try to just stick to the body horror genre.

Movie: They (2002)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PDCl06vop0&t=49s

A group of people who experienced night terrors as children begin to experience them again as adults and (naturally) it turns out they weren't just bad dreams.

Something about this movie just really hits the right spot for me to give me the tingles. Effects are good though this is more of a psychological "supernatural horror" flick.

F0AM

I fear this thread may wither if we try to just stick to the body considered horror genre.

Tho "body horror" is my favourite genre, i never said this thread was destined to it. In fact, of the things i posted, only "Society" would be considered Body horror. All kinds of horror are welcome!

In fact i have plenty of stuff to post, could be typing for days lol. If you don't see lots of activity recently is because i don't feel like posting, i'm a little discouraged :(

Don't fear about it withering, give me some time and i'll be back to my former self. Besides this thread is not going anywhere, will always be here :bigsmile:

F0AM

Helloooo boys and gurls i'm back but probably not for long!

Movie

The Blob 1988

v1.bTsxMTI5MTM3MjtqOzE3ODYwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixDADVVnxA

Synopsis: A meteorite crushes on Arborville, Colorado and from its inside emerges an all-consuming amorphous pink mass-like creature (whatever), devouring its habitants and wreaking havoc.

Have you ever wondered how would it be to be chewed by a pink chewing gum?

250px-Majin-Boo.jpg

No, not that one

No? then probably you're doing now. So seek no more, this is the movie you were looking for!

Some people would say It kills, consumes, decomposes and suck the life out of you! Don't know where they get those ideas from...

What are you saying Blob?

blobremake11207.jpg

yeah you're right man, they're just a bunch of a**holes!

But the truth is it is just lookign for some friends, it will hug you like no other will ever do and it loves kids : D

e84688d1db01565d2d7ffb3413b5038a.jpg

awww look at it, playing with its new best friend! arent they cute? they're really close friends...like, really close.

A story about love, friendship and overcoming! Neat gory scenes and good SFX, love it.

F0AM

GAME

CONARIUM

89902ac88df32aa0af2978a86a3b0b3bb114cd02.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUzrWv50EI

Platform: Pc, PS4 and XBOXONE

PC requirements:

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480/570/670, ATI Radeon HD 5870/5850
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space
Additional Notes: Using an AMD Crossfire setup might result in performance issues. 4:3 Resolutions are not supported

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz or AMD FX-9370
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R7 370
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

Synopsis: Conarium is a chilling Lovecraftian game, which follows a gripping story involving four scientists and their endeavor to challenge what we normally consider to be the ‘absolute’ limits of nature. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s novella "At the Mountains of Madness", but largely set after the original story.

Conarium is...a disappointment, when i saw it was a Lovecraftnian game i was very excited but it turn out to be yet ANOTHER walking simulator. You just walk, read notes to learn about the story (story i didn't care much about, didn't make me feel in the middle of some cosmic force scheme or in the verge of reality like other lovecraftnian stories do :/) and solve puzzles, puzzles that are insultingly easy.

This "game" only has two strong points (has no other lol) puzzles and story, and they're both meh.

Pros: Graphics, setting.
Meh: Story
Cons: walking simulator (some may like it, i wouldnt mind that much if the story were very good), TOO short, there are like 4 puzzles in the whole game (very easy), not worth 20 euros (IMO)

Dont know how it got so many positive reviews, maybe you'd like to try it. Certainly is not a game i'll ever replay or even remember in a few months.

A pity :(

Last edited:
Helloooo boys and gurls i'm back but probably not for long!

Movie

The Blob 1988

v1.bTsxMTI5MTM3MjtqOzE3ODYwOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixDADVVnxA

Synopsis: A meteorite crushes on Arborville, Colorado and from its inside emerges an all-consuming amorphous pink mass-like creature (whatever), devouring its habitants and wreaking havoc.

Have you ever wondered how would it be to be chewed by a pink chewing gum?

250px-Majin-Boo.jpg

No, not that one

No? then probably you're doing now. So seek no more, this is the movie you were looking for!

Some people would say It kills, consumes, decomposes and suck the life out of you! Don't know where they get those ideas from...

What are you saying Blob?

blobremake11207.jpg

yeah you're right man, they're just a bunch of a**holes!

But the truth is it is just lookign for some friends, it will hug you like no other will ever do and it loves kids : D

e84688d1db01565d2d7ffb3413b5038a.jpg

awww look at it, playing with its new best friend! arent they cute? they're really close friends...like, really close.

A story about love, friendship and overcoming! Neat gory scenes and good SFX, love it.
This post is "Thanked" by BlueDays.

(who has run out of "Thanks" buttons)

F0AM

APP

ILOVECRAFT VOL.1

poster-lovecraft_EN.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFmw4vEy8vA

Platform: Android

Ilovecraft is a collection of 3 stories by Lovecraft (Dagon, The Hound and The Window), you can download "the beast in the cave" for free.

These are interactive books i found some time ago and thought you may like them. These include the stories (obviously) with soundtrack (music and ambient sounds) and interactive images/pages.

There's a second volume including "The colour out of space"

Lovecraft-The-Colour-Out-of-Space_05_ENG.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqGUf95XpA

I think these books are pretty cool and very well done, great for those who want to experience lovecraft's stories in a new way!

More info: iLovecraft: Dagon and other Lovecraft stories

Last edited:

F0AM

This post is "Thanked" by BlueDays.

(who has run out of "Thanks" buttons)

Haha don't worry, here take mine. Your thanks are thanked by me. I'm so glad, first time i see you here Blue!

Feel free to come here whenever you feel like it! your comments are better than the "thanks button" my RP partner :p

Haha don't worry, here take mine. Your thanks are thanked by me. I'm so glad, first time i see you here Blue!

Feel free to come here whenever you feel like it! your comments are better than the "thanks button" my RP partner :p
LOL, I feel like I don't belong in this thread because I don't like horror movies. :blushing:

But I have still been coming in here and reading the posts, out of curiosity.
I have enough horror in my own life, I don't need to watch anymore of it on a screen, lol :D

F0AM

LOL, I feel like I don't belong in this thread because I don't like horror movies.

But I have still been coming in here and reading the posts, out of curiosity.
I have enough horror in my own life, I don't need to watch anymore of it on a screen, lol :D

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

I don't like horror movies

media.gif

Today is a tough day, i've lost a beloved one, Blue, she was a great person and even a greater friend. I'll always remember you, RIP.

death-mourning.jpg

Don't worry Blue! my home is yours too, If you ever feel like you dont know where to go, come to this thread! Hope you don't mind the corpses and the smell of decay : D

Horror is my favourite genre and made this thread coz there's a ton of stuff about horror and there are different types of horror: Action horror, Body horror, Psychological horror, slasher movies, Comedy horror, Horror horror, Horror shake, Steak with horror fries...there's plenty. But some of my favourite movies are: The naked gun (all), Blade Runner, Big trouble in little china, Sons of Anarchy (TV show tho), The Rocky horror picture show, Labyrinth, The emperor's new groove, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Treasure planet, Karate kid...ther are lots, different genres and none related to horror haha

Last edited:
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg
https://media.melty.fr/article-3599880-raw/media.gif

Today is a tough day, i've lost a beloved one, Blue, she was a great person and even a greater friend. I'll always remember you, RIP.

https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/images/hero/death-mourning.jpg

Don't worry Blue! my home is yours too, If you ever feel like you dont know where to go, come to this thread! Hope you don't mind the corpses and the smell of decay : D

Horror is my favourite genre and made this thread coz there's a ton of stuff about horror and there are different types of horror: Action horror, Body horror, Psychological horror, slasher movies, Comedy horror, Horror horror, Horror shake, Steak with horror fries...there's plenty. But some of my favourite movies are: The naked gun (all), Blade Runner, Big trouble in little china, Sons of Anarchy (TV show tho), The Rocky horror picture show, Labyrinth, The emperor's new groove, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Treasure planet, Karate kid...ther are lots, different genres and none related to horror haha
LOL FOAM!!! Rotfl I love your posts with gifs, that are just perfect for what you are saying in the post.

I think I might like the Psychological Horror type, do you have any recommendations for that type of horror movie?
Remember I'm a "horror virgin", so please only recommend movies of that type, that could possibly "ease" me into the feel of being terrified and don't have a 100% chance that I will need to change my underwear, several times during the movie. :giggle:
On second thought, if a horror movie didn't have a 100% chance of making the viewer soil their underpants, then it would not be a very good horror movie would it?
hmmm, ........*goes and grabs her whole draw of underwear because she likes to be well prepared*

ok then, I'm ready.

giphy.gif

Anyone else feel free to post any recommendations that I should try in the Psychological horror type too, if you like.

F0AM

LOL FOAM!!! Rotfl I love your posts with gifs, that are just perfect for what you are saying in the post.

I think I might like the Psychological Horror type, do you have any recommendations for that type of horror movie?
Remember I'm a "horror virgin", so please only recommend movies of that type, that could possibly "ease" me into the feel of being terrified and don't have a 100% chance that I will need to change my underwear, several times during the movie. :giggle:
On second thought, if a horror movie didn't have a 100% chance of making the viewer soil their underpants, then it would not be a very good horror movie would it?
hmmm, ........*goes and grabs her whole draw of underwear because she likes to be well prepared*

ok then, I'm ready.

giphy.gif

Anyone else feel free to post any recommendations that I should try in the Psychological horror type too, if you like.

Hahaha

Horror is very personal, some people may find some things scary while others don't. In fact as weird as it may sound, i'm not looking to be scared in a horror movie haha. In that regard i find videogames more scary since unlike movies, you are the main character, you cannot close your eyes since you need to see in order to move the character haha and if you don't react, the character dies so there's like a "real" danger.

Anyway:

If you like mindf*ck: Psychological.
If you like blood and gore: Slasher/splatter.
if you like the destruction and degeneration of the body : Body horror
If you like interdimensional, cosmic stuff, and horror of the unknown: Lovecraftnian horror

For Psychological you could try:

Jacob's ladder: It may seem too weird at first tho. My favourite.
Probably you know all the Hannibal movies (silence of the lambs, Hannibal and red dragon) how about the tv show? i think it was great.
Shutter island (a thriller)
The 6th sense
The others
Deathwatch ("A Soldier Gets No Private Time" Scene scared the shit out of me)

Games (i know you said movies but just in case)

Silent hill
Amnesia: A machine for pigs
SOMA

The last two also include body horror but SUCH a great wtf stories....

These are some, Blue. Probably i'm forgeting something (Videodrome is also body horror/psychological but that's too mindf*ck haha for the first one) but i hope you enjoy them (don't forget the pop corn! the one made by you, not the microwave one, that's too unhealthy haha).

Not all will be scary (the games are very scary tho), remember that psychological horror is about being unsettling and toying with your mind.

Last edited:
Thank you for the time it would have taken to put together your 2 posts full of info and recommendations, FOAM. I really appreciate the effort. :perfect:

Okay, so I have discovered after reading your last few posts, that I have the wrong definition of what constitutes a "Horror" movie.

I thought that only these 2 types (from your post).....

"If you like blood and gore: Slasher/splatter."
"If you like the destruction and degeneration of the body : Body horror"

..........fit the definition of Horror.

Anything outside of those two types from your post, I have been defining as only "a bit scary and suspenseful" movies.

I have seen some of the ones you recommended.....The Sixth Sense, The Others, Silence of the Lambs, The Birds.

So I guess now I should just say that I just don't like horror types that have excessive slasher/splatter/ blood/Gore, destruction or degeneration of the body, then.
I will try some of those recommendations, thank you FOAM. :thumbup:

F0AM

Thank you for the time it would have taken to put together your 2 posts full of info and recommendations, FOAM. I really appreciate the effort. :perfect:

Okay, so I have discovered after reading your last few posts, that I have the wrong definition of what constitutes a "Horror" movie.

I thought that only these 2 types (from your post).....

"If you like blood and gore: Slasher/splatter."
"If you like the destruction and degeneration of the body : Body horror"

..........fit the definition of Horror.

Anything outside of those two types from your post, I have been defining as only "a bit scary and suspenseful" movies.

I have seen some of the ones you recommended.....The Sixth Sense, The Others, Silence of the Lambs, The Birds.

So I guess now I should just say that I just don't like horror types that have excessive slasher/splatter/ blood/Gore, destruction or degeneration of the body, then.
I will try some of those recommendations, thank you FOAM. :thumbup:

It's a pleasure Blue, sometimes there's a blurry line between Thrillers and "Pure" horror movies, but i find both to be horror nonetheless. Why excluding one? lol

Both recreate this feeling of heart acceleration. While one toys with your body (movies like Saw make you contract each part of your being lol with that "pain empathy" feeling) the other one does the same with your mind (i've watched "Resurrection" 1999 when i was 13 and that Christ scene has been stucked in my head till now, i'm 27).

There are also blurry lines between what would be considered Psychological horror:
-Some may say movies with mindblowing stories would be under this genre: The 6th sense or Jaccob's ladder

-Others would say this genre is about films whose characters have
psychic problems: Psycho or Shutter island.

I think psychological horror is about being disturbed by that which you cannot see, instead of a physical threat. Psychological H. is not about monsters, gore and blood, is about "What is going on?".

For example in "Resurrection", when i saw the already mentioned scene, my reaction was not a fright, not a jumspcare; i was disturbed, made me wonder "what's wrong with this person, Why would he do such thing?" and that's what scared me.

Of course not every single movie belong to one genre, some Psychological H. movies may include some gore and viceversa. For example:

Alien: Horror
A nightmare on Slem street: Slasher/ Horror
While "Aliens": Horror/action
Braindead: Horror (Very Gory), Comedy
Like "Ash vs Evil dead": Horror, Comedy
The Dead Zone: Psychological
A tale of two sisters/The uninvited (a remake): Psychological
Videodrome: Psychological/Body horror
Coraline: Animated/Horror. (love this movie)
Parasyte: Body Horror/ Anime
Gantz: Gore (some body horror too)/ Action / Anime
Monster: Psychological/ Anime (very good tho it can be very slow)

My previous post was a list to categorize different characters for horror genre (it was not directed to you, but in general) but you gave me an idea. Maybe i should do a list of different horror genres and include the "sub-genre" category in my future posts as well as the old ones :thinking:

I hopei have expressed myself well, cause if explaining psychological horror is already a hard task, imagine doing it on your second language haha.

Last edited: