Exercise Log

OceanMist

Might run a race in April, 2nd sunday of the month.

I did really well on Wednesday, did a training record for the last few years out on a levee. Today I did really bad but the weather was terrible, wind in my face, cold and i was wearing extra clothes.

Right now the goal is still to break 20 mins.

I haven't run in a while, I ran my longest distance so far, a round trip from Versailles to Chaville.

Enough said.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180422-143358.jpg
    Screenshot_20180422-143358.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I went for my first run of the season today, and it answered my question as to whether or not the exercise machine I had been using maintained my progress from last year. The answer which does not appear to be yes.

On the bright side though, I got to spend some extra time outside in the nice whether, and the exercise machine did make my butt look amazing. So, you know, you win some, you lose some.

My goal right now is to get my 5k time back down to around the 30 minute mark, and then up my distance. By the end of the summer, I'd like to be running in the 7 mile area (11 km). Even in the best shape of my life I don't think I ever ran more than 5 miles, so if I could get to 7 that would be really cool. :thumbup:

I went for my first run of the season today, and it answered my question as to whether or not the exercise machine I had been using maintained my progress from last year. The answer which does not appear to be yes.

On the bright side though, I got to spend some extra time outside in the nice whether, and the exercise machine did make my butt look amazing. So, you know, you win some, you lose some.

My goal right now is to get my 5k time back down to around the 30 minute mark, and then up my distance. By the end of the summer, I'd like to be running in the 7 mile area (11 km). Even in the best shape of my life I don't think I ever ran more than 5 miles, so if I could get to 7 that would be really cool. :thumbup:

Everything is possible, try running in a slower pace perhaps, that's what I did during my last run.
My friends generally call me Burstowski, because I do things very fast and only think about the short term when it comes to physical effort, I end up depleting my quadriceps and not being able to run any further, regardless of my breathing capabilities.

Are you talking about your Gluteus Maximus?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Everything is possible, try running in a slower pace perhaps, that's what I did during my last run.
My friends generally call me Burstowski, because I do things very fast and only think about the short term when it comes to physical effort, I end up depleting my quadriceps and not being able to run any further, regardless of my breathing capabilities.

Are you talking about your Gluteus Maximus?

Yes! When I do up my distance, I plan on it being at a slower pace. The reason I am working up to it is so that I don't have as hard of a time motivating myself to regularly run.

And, why yes, it was my Gluteus Maximus I was speaking of :bigsmile:

Yes! When I do up my distance, I plan on it being at a slower pace. The reason I am working up to it is so that I don't have as hard of a time motivating myself to regularly run.

And, why yes, it was my Gluteus Maximus I was speaking of :bigsmile:

I rarely do that, because I don't get sore muscles the day after.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I haven't done as much running in the last week as I would like, but I have probably walked almost a half marathon between a couple city trips. Man was I sore!

PeterO

I wish I was one of those people who enjoyed exercise. I even enjoy things like walks, but I can never get up the motivation for exercise beyond that.

I wish I was one of those people who enjoyed exercise. I even enjoy things like walks, but I can never get up the motivation for exercise beyond that.

Try it and you'll see that having sore muscles will make you sleep like a baby.
Funny, because I think about my muscles hurting before everything else.

OceanMist

I haven't reported in a while.

I did do that race in April and it was SO cold. 20 something degree windchill. I did very well considering i was wearing two pairs of sweats and two sweatshirts and a scarf. I got 21:30 or so on the 5k.

Biggest achievement runningwise for this year was on a track by myself i broke 20 minutes for a 5k, 19:47.

I've done two races around April and haven't done any since but July is looking like i may do 3 races in the same month.

I've been training 17 miles a week. Goal by the end of the year is still to break 19 minutes in the 5k. I'll let you know how the races go.

As someone with SA it is pretty tough going to these races alone. I'm one of the only loners there as most people are in groups of friends or family.

July will be a really good grade of what i can do because i will be in shorts and a tee shirt, no sweats, so i will be running my best times on two of the road races.