Exercise Log

Kiwong

12.1 km in 63:12. Got a blister on the souls of my feet.

Thursday: 5km race 20:23 finished 9th. Over a minute slower than this time last year, but it is a start.

Friday: 10km 50:48 Blister on my foot has silver healing blister block on it.

Saturday: 4km race road relay 16:15. Can't string sub 4s together. It was horribly windy. Developed a cough, couldn't sleep most of the night

Sunday Long run 19.4km, really struggled with my energy levels. Fell over with enough force to break my Garmin. I am exhausted, with a cough that kept me awake most of the night.

Last edited:

replica

Saturday 9th July

Type: Outdoor Ride (Morning)
Distance: 71.32 km (44.58 mi)
Time: 02:32:49
Speed: 28 km/h (17.5 mph)

I haven't been on the bike for 3 weeks and it showed this morning. I've definitely lost some bike fitness. Not sure if the stats are right, forgot to resume the Garmin at a re-group point. Figures are only an estimate.

Type: Outdoor Run (Night)
Distance: 8.02 km (5.01 mi)
Time: 00:37:10
Pace: 4:38 min/km (7:24 min/mi)

I was looking forward to this run as the last few were taken very easily. Wanted to push it tonight and I'm quite happy with the results, especially after a hard ride this morning. Splits: 4:43, 4:40, 4:33, 4:33, 4:37, 4:40, 4:40, 4:36. Average HR 158 (83% of MHR). Max HR 190.

Sunday 10th July

Type: Outdoor Run - 16 km Easy Pace (Afternoon)
Distance: 16.03 km (10.02 mi)
Time: 01:24:03
Pace: 5:14 min/km (8:22 min/mi)

Ran from Mount Henry Bridge to Mill Point Road, South Perth and back. Decent run, happy with pace, definitely had more in the tank. I did test the legs at the 13 km mark, all good. Average HR 157 (85% of MHR).

Monday 11th July

Type: Indoor Swim (Evening)
Distance: 2000 m (2187 yd)
Time: 01:00:00

I'm going to reduce swimming to once a week, which is not good because it is my weakest of the 3 disciplines.

Last edited:

replica

Tuesday 12th July

Type: Outdoor Run - Sub-Maximal Interval (Evening)
Distance: 7.51 km (4.69 mi)
Time: 00:36:33
Pace: 4:51 min/km (7:45 min/mi)

Ran along South Perth foreshore. Aim 10 minute marathon pace, 15 minute fast pace, 10 minute marathon pace. Splits: 4:48, 5:02, 4:40, 4:40, 4:40, 4:57, 5:03, 5:11 (510m). I probably should have gone slowed for the 10 minute intervals but the new environment got to me :)

kc1980

I've again been cycling to work more consistently, I'm doing about 400-500 km a week. I'm keeping the pace down to avoid overexhausting or injuring myself. I'll try getting good averages in a few weeks, now I will just go for endurance.
Today I had some serious problems during football (soccer) though. Usually I run quite well during the game, but today I was a bit late, so I missed the warm-up (which usually is only 5 minutes or so). So I entered the game immediately, and after just a few minutes I started feeling this stinging pain in both my upper thigh muscles, so strong that I simply couldn't run anymore, and I had to quit the game. That's the first time I ever experienced this so badly, but some of the other footballers seemed to know the problem. I guess I learned the value of a decent warm-up. I'm not sure how long I'll have to recover from this. I think I should also see this as a warning sign that I'm not 100% well, and try to get more sleep and less stress.

replica

400-500 km a week? Wow! :)

Wednesday 13th July

Type: Outdoor Run - Easy 5 km(Evening)
Distance: 5.01 km (3.13 mi)
Time: 00:29:51
Pace: 5:57 min/km (9:31 min/mi)

Nice and easy. Wasn't that cold this morning.

Type: Indoor Cycling (Night)
Time: 01:21:19

Got the old bike out and put it on the trainer in front of the TV, watched the remaining 60 km of the Tour de France stage :)

Last edited:

coyote

Wednesday - hiked the Eagle trail, 2 miles of wooded/rugged/rocky/steep trail down the bluffside - and then climbed the 75 ft observation tower atop Eagle Bluff

i think i might have got some photos of eagles, but haven't checked the chip yet

replica

Saturday 16th July

Type: Outdoor Ride - Cyclebuzz Group Ride (Morning)
Distance: 71.8 km (44.88 mi)
Time: 02:23:17
Speed: 30.1 km/h (18.82 mph)

Kiwong

^ Wonderful hike Coyote, hope the Eagle snaps came out.

10km run with cold shivering sweat, followed by a 5 minute coughing and dry retching session walking back to my car.

39.4km for the week. Tough one that it was.

slapstick

Ive been exercising my fingers on the playstation more than anything cos I'v been out for 2 weeks break from the gym as its recomended after every 12 week weight lifting programme but been doin some lihght activities like kicking the socer ball around the backyard with my nephews..

Kiwong

About 10.4/km. No idea of time. Cold sweat, coughing fit and one dry retch. I'm getting better.

coyote

i've accepted a challenge to participate in a triathalon sprint next year

i suppose i'm gonna have to get my butt in gear