Every road is a dead end...

Nanita

...every dream, every "relationship", every "opportunity", every best intention, every try, every time I reach out, every time I try to break out. Everything in my life just seems to fizzle and fade back to the same gray existence. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at a total loss.
Harry Chapin put it best in a song: "It seems that all the good things in my life just drift away."

That´s exactly how everything in my life goes. There are sometimes good things, people, activities, but it always always ends up being nothing, meaningless, destroyed, pointless, empty.

S_Spartan

That´s exactly how everything in my life goes. There are sometimes good things, people, activities, but it always always ends up being nothing, meaningless, destroyed, pointless, empty.

I can surely relate to this! We should collaborate on a book. Of course the book wouldn't go anywhere and we would probably have to donate the entire printing run to a charity type store, who would ultimately have to throw them into a dumpster after nobody bought any copies. :crying:
What bothers me is that the "good things" are becoming more and more scarce these days. Really, my life is a gray existence of the same old things happening over and over with me spinning my wheels. It's like that movie "Groundhog Day." I've taken every "proactive" and "positive" step that I can think of to change things and I always end up right back here at the same place. Literally! The same darn place! There is some force that is keeping me from moving forward in life. At this point it really is going to take a miracle from outside of myself to make things happen.

MollyBeGood

...every dream, every "relationship", every "opportunity", every best intention, every try, every time I reach out, every time I try to break out. Everything in my life just seems to fizzle and fade back to the same gray existence. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at a total loss.
Harry Chapin put it best in a song: "It seems that all the good things in my life just drift away."

I feel this way too, but the point is we never give up trying right and turns those lemons into lemonade.

Ashiene

I came across this quote a while ago, and it does help me to some extent...
"Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."— Oliver Goldsmith.

At least I figure if you keep standing up, you have better chance of a lifeline coming along for you to grab onto, then if you are lying down.:idontknow:

But if you are lying down, then you can't fall, unlike when you are standing up. So, referring to the quote, does this mean that it is better to lie down and do nothing so there is lesser/no chance of failure, or stand up and do something but also subject yourself to a greater chance of falling down and hurting yourself?

THeCARS1979

Sometimes I feel the same way

S_Spartan

狼;717013 said:
I feel this way too, but the point is we never give up trying right and turns those lemons into lemonade.

This assumes that one has lemons to make said lemonade...

Plumeria

I am new to this forum, but could I join too? If the criteria to belong is that everything you have done or are doing blows up in your face despite your best intentions and "positive" attitude, then I am a shoe in :bigsmile:

Nanita

I can surely relate to this! We should collaborate on a book. Of course the book wouldn't go anywhere and we would probably have to donate the entire printing run to a charity type store, who would ultimately have to throw them into a dumpster after nobody bought any copies. :crying:
What bothers me is that the "good things" are becoming more and more scarce these days. Really, my life is a gray existence of the same old things happening over and over with me spinning my wheels. It's like that movie "Groundhog Day." I've taken every "proactive" and "positive" step that I can think of to change things and I always end up right back here at the same place. Literally! The same darn place! There is some force that is keeping me from moving forward in life. At this point it really is going to take a miracle from outside of myself to make things happen.

All right sure let´s write a book........ :ironicsmile:
Groundhog day.. I know what you mean (all though that is a really funny movie). I would say my life does have more variety than Groundhog day, but I´m avoiding a lot of things (because obviously... I have an avoidant personality disorder) which does trap me in emptiness and boredom to a certain degree. But I feel that life is really difficult and tough, so it´s not even that great when things do happen, because most things involve too much difficulty, anxiety and pain.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
But if you are lying down, then you can't fall, unlike when you are standing up. So, referring to the quote, does this mean that it is better to lie down and do nothing so there is lesser/no chance of failure, or stand up and do something but also subject yourself to a greater chance of falling down and hurting yourself?

You can see it that way if you don't mind lying down alone in your own sh*t for the rest of your life. It's less effort, and it's warm and cozy, after all.

Kiwong

Not every dream has been a dead end to me.

One came true, a running dream.

Somehow I created a dream for myself, a running dream, even thought that outcome wasn't intended. The dream was built out of a long fight to beat pain and illness.

This dream lives inside a nightmare where I can hardly talk to people anymore, where I fear I am going to slide back down for good into darkness anytime. Life is mostly painful and I despair all the time, but the rare times I have won have been so incredible.

I have been happy, euphorically so, even if only in rare seconds at a time. When I started to run again 5 years ago, after a long battle with panic disroder, knee pain, anxiety and haemochromatosis, I was happy for days and even weeks at a time.

The elusive bird of happiness in my signature came home to roost.

I was happy shove, that up your ass anxiety!

SilentAndShy

Of course, it is a dead end after all.

LOL, the Dead End Club - the only club that won't go anywhere. The theme of it all gave a chuckle.

But it does feel like that, i.e. attempting to find a job that makes me feel that A) I can use my strengths B) Do a job that I can do successfully aren't being achieved despite my numerous applications.

However, I've got my own blog that I write on and am pushing out articles out and about so that's giving me a very small positivity but then something else happens in other areas of my life that gets me down again.

I'm trying my best to squeak out as much of that small positivity in my writing etc so at least I feel I'm going up a ladder that I want to be rather than half up one that I don't want to be.

i too feel like there is some force out there that wants to see me fail, constantly..im as proactive and positive as can be and yet time after time its one step forward two steps back. When somthing does finally go right i can just about set my watch to it the somthing terrible is waiting just around the corner to drag me back to square one. I liken it to being stuck in a well, you try to climb your way out and just when you think you are getting somewhere a rock falls from the top, hits you, and makes you fall back to the bottom again. it doesn't feel like random chance. i just wish i knew why.

Isolated_Writer

"No good deed goes unpunished
No act of charity goes unresented
No good deed goes unpunished
That's my new creed
My road of good intentions
Led where such roads always lead
No good deed
Goes unpunished!...One question haunts and hurts
Too much, too much to mention:
Was I really seeking good
Or just seeking attention?
Is that all good deeds are
When looked at with an ice-cold eye?
If that's all good deeds are
Maybe that's the reason why

All helpful urges should be circumvented
Sure, I meant well -
Well, look at what well-meant did."

Just made me think of this, but yeah, I know the feeling.

montejocarlo

i'm not sure how to comment on this. i sometimes feel the same but i know for a fact that it's not true. the world contains a vast amount of possibles and no one has ever lived to see the half of it. if only we never stop trying, we might just find what we're looking for. or the trying itself might even prove fulfilling.