Every road is a dead end...

S_Spartan

...every dream, every "relationship", every "opportunity", every best intention, every try, every time I reach out, every time I try to break out. Everything in my life just seems to fizzle and fade back to the same gray existence. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at a total loss.
Harry Chapin put it best in a song: "It seems that all the good things in my life just drift away."

Same here.
I am just biding my time until I die naturally.

Some people get a lucky break and an opportunity appears. I hope you are one of those people. It seems to be the luck of the draw though.

S_Spartan

Same here.

Some people get a lucky break and an opportunity appears. I hope you are one of those people. It seems to be the luck of the draw though.

I hope the same for you! The problem is that every time I think I'm getting some good luck it fizzles out to nothing. I'm getting sick of this!
I feel like I need some kind of "on ramp to life" if that makes any sense.

this_portrait

At the moment, everything does seem like a dead end, but part of it is because I'm not going after certain things. I'm not putting hardly any effort into what I like to do.

...every dream, every "relationship", every "opportunity", every best intention, every try, every time I reach out, every time I try to break out. Everything in my life just seems to fizzle and fade back to the same gray existence. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at a total loss.
Harry Chapin put it best in a song: "It seems that all the good things in my life just drift away."

I came across this quote a while ago, and it does help me to some extent...
"Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."— Oliver Goldsmith.

At least I figure if you keep standing up, you have better chance of a lifeline coming along for you to grab onto, then if you are lying down.:idontknow:

A Many Splendored Thing

Same here.

Don't say lucky. It's all about searching for that opportunity!

Steve Jobs created the biggest company in the world. Not because he was lucky, but because he was determined.

He didn't stop when he was booted out of his own company or when he had millions of dollars.

Don't say lucky. It's all about searching for that opportunity!

I can search all I like, but if you don't have the money to do what you need to do (and I don't), or the means to earn the money you need to do it, then you are stuffed. Hence the term "dead end"

In terms of the luck I was talking about, I have seen many who had parents who supported them while they went to University etc. and have helped pay for therapy etc.

S_Spartan

At the moment, everything does seem like a dead end, but part of it is because I'm not going after certain things. I'm not putting hardly any effort into what I like to do.

This is why I'm so frustrated because it doesn't matter if I put effort in or not it always ends the same. In fact, this past year I've been caring less and things seem to come to me a teeny tiny bit more and easily but it's still adds up to being just a little less of nothing. If that makes any sense.

S_Spartan

I can search all I like, but if you don't have the money to do what you need to do (and I don't), or the means to earn the money you need to do it, then you are stuffed. Hence the term "dead end"

In terms of the luck I was talking about, I have seen many who had parents who supported them while they went to University etc. and have helped pay for therapy etc.

This is exactly right! People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates DID NOT start from nothing! Both had many resources and lucky breaks along the way. That's all I ask for now, a few good resources and lucky breaks.