Enter the mysterious mind of the crazed wizard. And bring along ye lone imagination!

Nanita

Thanks a lot! It really just takes time, I started when I was 7 and I'm now 24.

For me I don´t believe time is the solution.
I started playing guitar at 15, and now I´m 31 :D
When I try to make my own stuff, I am very self-critical and just give up before I finish anything. Now I have several half written songs / half started songs.
Anyway I am glad that you are able to do it!!:)

lonely_drummer

For me I don´t believe time is the solution.
I started playing guitar at 15, and now I´m 31 :D
When I try to make my own stuff, I am very self-critical and just give up before I finish anything. Now I have several half written songs / half started songs.
Anyway I am glad that you are able to do it!!:)

hmmmm, sorry to hear that. I guess time isn't on everyones side. But for me guitar was like an obsession. Once I started, I quit doing everything else I was into. Also, being very clinical of your own work can be it too. Everything I record or write, I always have that voice in the back of my mind saying, well you could have done this better, you could have done another take on that track. But I've learnt to just accept these sounds as part of me and theres no point on stressing. Its part of me just like my face and without excessive surgeries, I can't do much to change it, its just me. Just try and accept your sounds for what they are, they are part of you.

Nanita

hmmmm, sorry to hear that. I guess time isn't on everyones side. But for me guitar was like an obsession. Once I started, I quit doing everything else I was into. Also, being very clinical of your own work can be it too. Everything I record or write, I always have that voice in the back of my mind saying, well you could have done this better, you could have done another take on that track. But I've learnt to just accept these sounds as part of me and theres no point on stressing. Its part of me just like my face and without excessive surgeries, I can't do much to change it, its just me. Just try and accept your sounds for what they are, they are part of you.

I know what u mean. It is good to be able not to stress oneself, when being creative.
Guitar was an obsession for me too (mostly when I was a teenager), meaning I rehersed to be able to play like Slash.. and Cobain.. so that was pretty much where my focus was :D

lonely_drummer

MMmmmmm mmmmmmmm. Great! The house is emptying. Half of my roommates just left today on a 2 month road trip. Im pretty excited for them, they will have quite the adventure. I will miss them too. However, this makes my personal plans move up a step. I am planning on finishing my solo album and laying down all the final tracks but its so hard when theres 7 people living in your house!! But now the number has gone down a lot and there's just a few of us left, sooooooo YAY, I can finally get cracking on my album. I can't wait to get into my crazy recording mode and staying up till 6am without realizing it was past midnight. This is me at my best. Music Music Music Music Music, its the only thing on my mind, YEAH!!!

Well I have most of my material ready and up to date for a last recording session. But dang, I can't start till Monday, I have to re-arrange the whole studio. Plus I want it done the right way, so I can just lay down all the tracks at once and hopefully get that done in a day or two, three at tops. I really can't wait to get some tracks done to show you guys, I only have a few rough tracks done already that Ive been posting and showing you guys so it'll be nice to be able to give you guys something new to listen to, also it'll sound better too.

I was totally gonna post a vid of me playing my newest riff but i don't know how to post my video, lol. yeah yeah, lame head here

MikeyC

I hope you get to record your stuff, drummer. I like heavy stuff but you're very talented and I would love to hear it!

lonely_drummer

Here's some new lyrics I been working on for a new song, what do you think

What was once my future
Born a thousand times
Has become this creature
Slowly degrades my mind

Sustain my youth
All by loving you
Expose the tainted truth
While hiding all my roots

Fall awake
Ohh please stay
I'm just tryin to forget you

Why go waste all my time
Wanting me and you
To make myself feel alright
I stayed while you all grew

Can't comprehend
When this all should end
Maybe I'm just too weak
To let my soul run free

I just wrote this earlier today to a new riff I've been working on so don't just say it sucks because it still needs work

lonely_drummer

Well today I officially started recording my album! Even though I didn't get a lot of actual material down today, I've brushed up on certains songs and finished some more lyrics. It's going to be structured the same way albums used to be, continuous and flowing without breaks in between songs with an instrumental splitting both sides. I took my time too which I am proud of. This whole process has actually taken a lot longer now that I think of it. The oldest song that will be on there was written back in September 2009. That's weird because that's when my SA got really bad. It was written after moving to the other side of the country to finish my degree and I realized after about 3 days how much university was not for me and the song is about seeing all the bull**** within the social structure. So yeah, album is looking good, might take a little longer than expected. I'm going to add a little bit of trippy spaced out guitar in the back. So yeah it's looking like there will be 11 songs but who knows, at the beginning of today it was 10, I just randomly came up with a new song which I am ending the album with so it's pretty rad. I feel weird telling you all this, you probably don't care too much but oh well you're hearing it anyway! Haha

Also on a completely different note. I was taking a break today and biked to the store(it was crazy nice out today, 9ish C) and ran into this girl I somewhat know from open mics I used to go to. It was cool to see her, I was feeling pretty pumped from the progress i was making at home so I didn't feel awkward. I hate randomly running into people you don't know well, it's always really awkward but this time it was cool. Yay music! It saved me in that situation. Here's some words to read:

Sip up the ashes
Wait for today
Can't explain*
The way they behave

The hollow buzz*
begins the chase
Walls closing in
Yet I'm losing my place

Can't subject to these qualities
Can't reverse from the orb
Can't create what I say*
Breathe just right mmmmm I'm outta space

Take the chance*
Those shadows won't wait
Feeling the ground*
beginning to break

The sole has rott
The burden decays
They sit there and bleed*
Just counting theirs days

Shyangel

Those are so really poetic deep lyrics, Drummer. I could write song as beautiful as that.
I wish I could write a song at all. lol Keep up the awesome work.

MikeyC

Love the lyrics, mate!

It's going to be structured the same way albums used to be, continuous and flowing without breaks in between songs with an instrumental splitting both sides.
YES! I listen to heavy metal mostly and I love it when tracks flow into each other, and/or having something separating the tracks. It makes the album feel like one big story. Awesome!

lonely_drummer

Sweet thanks guys. I always see my lyrics as being simple minded and unable to connect with others. But I guess everyone interpretes lyrics differently which makes them so great sometimes. More or so I pay close attention to the melody of the songs more than the lyrics sometimes. But yeah thanks for the support guys, I'm making some breakfast now and then cracking at it again today. Man I haven't felt this good in a while!

Shyangel

Sweet thanks guys. I always see my lyrics as being simple minded and unable to connect with others. But I guess everyone interpretes lyrics differently which makes them so great sometimes. More or so I pay close attention to the melody of the songs more than the lyrics sometimes. But yeah thanks for the support guys, I'm making some breakfast now and then cracking at it again today. Man I haven't felt this good in a while!

I'm glad your feelings so great, Drummer, I hope you keep it up.:)
I think your lyrics are great. I hope you have another day of great creativity.

lonely_drummer

Well today has not been so productive. Im feeling very self conscious about some of my songs today. I always get ilke this, which is what makes recording by myself really hard sometimes. I really want to lay down the best tracks I can, really capture what the song is all about, what its meant to be. Today I just feel like Im lacking or something which is making hitting that record button really really difficult. I think I need to take today off from recording and just get these kinks out. I find I spend more time in preparation than actual action and recording but thats just my process. Also, all I've been laying down are one guitar track and one vocal track, so I haven't even really begun to form any layering yet which is what I do a lot of, especially on my vocals, I hate my voice when its solo, so adding a few more vocals doing harmonies always helps out. Yeah, I think I will just not hit record today at all and just finish off some lyrics, plan some more structures because I have to go play hockey tonight and I know if I crack down and record, I will just get frustrated or completely forget about hockey, which is not what I want to do.

lonely_drummer

Howdy y'all! I'm doing pretty good. My album process almost grinded to a halt this last week but I've been keeping busy. It was fairly nice all week so I needed to get out and about, not sit in my room and sing. However, this week shall be different.

On a different note, I was talking with a close friend lastnight and the topic of my SA came up. I told her about it a few months back and she was surprised to not only find out about this different type of anxiety but that I suffer from it too. She never really asked about it before lastnight because she didnt want to pressure me or make me feel uncomfortable but to my surprise she didn't know a whole lot about it. I guess that's because I have to deal with it and she doesn't. But to her amazement, it deals on so many different levels and can cripple you so bad you won't even leave your bed, let alone your room. So we had a very nice, long and comfortable talk about it. I told her about all of you guys here! She thinks it's a great way to connect with people even when we can't in person. She also found out about me hating posting my picture and she told me to post as mainy of my pics on here as I can just to show myself it isn't that bad, so I did lastnight and put them all on my profile. I really hope I can handle them being up there,I'm sure I can. But I'm glad we had that talk lastnight, I'm truly finding out that you don't have to go through anything alone. So yeah nothing else really new on the front, I really hope to have at least one track for you all to listen to before this next week is over.

coyote

^great photo album, man

i did the same thing, and found it really works

yay for exposure therapy!

lonely_drummer

I love that Iceland picture. Your mum looks so uncomfortable. ::p:

Hehehehe, I know! She wasn't too keen on going to Iceland in the first place. Me and her always go somewhere every few years or so and that time it was my turn to choose the place. My mom wanted to go to Vegas because I had never been there but nooooooooo way, I'm going somewhere completely different and we both ended up having a great time! It's her turn next and she picked Greece which I can definitely handle.