dreams you remember from childhood

I find it weird that I still remember some of the dreams / nightmares I had when I was a little kid 10 years ago or earlier.

Some of these are completely random / silly / weird..

Once I dreamed of being at my grandparents' place with my cousin. Grandpa was there too. Outside, it was raining sheets. The sound of water hitting the plastic eaves of the apartment was deafening. You could almost drown in that rain. Upward, the sky was an endless gray. It really felt like the end of the world out there. But inside, me and my cousin are safe and dry. We were drawing things with brushes dipped in water on an old wooden door. It doesn't sound like we were doing anything exciting, but to me it somehow felt like the most wonderful, blissful & happy moment ever.

I also remember a lot of dreams where I was basically chased around by a dinosaur before I woke up

Another random one from when I was a little kid: I dreamed that it rained shiny, metallic, rainbow-colored stars. So I went outside and collected a jar-ful of it. And then I woke up. I was so frustrated that it was a dream 'cause I wanted the little "stars" so much lol.

Share yours! :D

slicknsly

Lol deep dreams... I had more of the being chased by dinosaur types that i can remember.

First my most memorable as well as shortest was cartoon batman jumped off the top of a building and was just gone ( straight down and out of the picture)

Next would be I was mighty max (awsome cartoon from back in the day) and i was being chased by a big green/purple glob monster in a big sewer.

I had a dream where i went to school in my batman underwear and weeks or months later,idk, swore it was real.

Finally, my worst reocurring nightmare used to be me falling into blackness with maybe some really fine lined shapes of color passing me. I would wake up in a cold sweat and feel like i was sinking in the bed for a good 3 seconds, It was crazy!

Wish I had more dreams nowadays, sadly cant really remember much at all. : (

Last edited:

Lost Girl

I have a reoccuring dream 'theme' where I am being chased either by police or someone wanting to kill me.

I've always had a dream where I'm falling too, for as long as I can remember.

brokenfingers04

Its pitch black. I'm screaming after every time I'm taken by the arms shaken. While I'm screaming there's this evil laughter(HAHAHAHAHAHAHA).
i wake up, rush to the living room where my mom is watching tv. She says, "What?" , I say, "Nothing" and I go back to bed. I ws 8 or 9.

I had this really wierd one that I'm still think might be a movie but I don't know. Basically, people are being killed by shovels that come up from the
ground. Pretty funny dream but the way I saw it, it was like watching a movie.

Last edited:

Kat

There was one dream that was inspired by the tooth fairy. I think I had lost my tooth that night and when I fell asleep I imagined that I could see these shadows on my bedroom wall of little gnome men walking around in a circle. I was actually frightened of them and then at my window seal there were two fairy girls at my window telling me not to be scared and they grabbed a hold of me and flew me to their secret society in the trees.

I also have had a lot of dreams of people chasing me and one falling off a cliff.

Miami

I had one where I was going through a forest then I got to a place where it was completly wide open and there was a dark colored liquid "sea or lake" that was perfectly flat(no waves) The liquid was reflecting a silver faded to dark grey sky, and in the middle was a huge orb that looked like it was made of mercury but the color was a darker gunmetal color.

I had that dream over 200 times

shore_of_glass

in this one dream i was being chased by a bear in rollerskates.

one funny thing i had was dreams in two parts. I'd dream something one day and then, like 1 week later I'd the dream the "second part" of that dream, the continuation.

I keep having flying dreams - but always flying away from someone or something, so it's always out of fright and not pleasure.

Saraesa

When being a child I used to have many disturbing dreams. The following one made a lasting impression on my mind: I was chained to a chair while people were injecting a liquid into my veins via cannulae. My veins extended, until they finally bursted. By that time I fortunately woke up.
And of course, the flying dreams have been so beautiful.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I remember being murdered in different ways, tortured, chased and beaten by random people. Other crazy things involved monsters like zombies and dinos. Lol... I remember In one of my nightmares I was the "Master" of all the zombies, but strangely i was not a zombie, and i also got to bite and infect my grandma :D
Other really hillarious dream was about a dude dressed like a mexican (He even had a sombrero), carrying a machine gun and shooting me dead.

losttroy

I love your fairy dream, Kat!!:) I can recall a few scary dreams that I have had. But this thread reminds me of possibly the most horrible touch sensation imaginable. It was with this ugly brown teddy bear. I was apprehensious to touch the thing. But I did, and it was VERY scary to me. I believe this memory of my real life at around 1 year old!

I mean, I had to be very young when this happened. I know, because if an ugly ass teddy messed with me now, I'd kick his stuffied @ss.

Last edited:

Silvox Black

I can only recall certain disturbing dreams and a few somewhat neutral ones.

When I was a mere youngling of the age of perhaps 4 or 5, I dreamt that I was trapped beneath the earth in a dark, damp sewer. Beggars and people roamed a massive maze of rusting, slime encrusted pipes. Oddly enough while the others suffered, I felt no discomfort. I only felt compelled to find a ladder that led to the surface. I emerged to find myself in a glade. The very air shimmered with glitter, the sun shone down amongst the boughs of trees surrounding the glade. In the center before me was a massive tower of stone with a cross on the top. At the foot of the tower was a pedestal with an open book. I heard a voice resonate in my head saying, "Touch me..." and I raised my hand towards the book. I awoke with a nose bleed.

A peculiar dream I recall from childhood was when I was standing on the edge of a highway overpass outside Chicago. The sun was setting and everything was in twilight. My grandfather was standing next to me on the road while I stood on the guardrail of the overpass that extended over a massive pit of black nothingness. He told me to jump. I leaped into that pit and fell, for how long I do not know. Then I awoke with a start.

There was also a repeating nightmare where at the end I would black out by striking my head against an object. Then the exact same nightmare replayed itself in my head three consecutive times while I slept. I woke up bathed in cold sweat and completely terrified.

Lorraine Manca

i had an awful dream when i was a kid, i dont know how many times. i dreamed i found my father alive. like there had been a mistake and he hadnt died afterall, i recognized him in a crowd. It made me extremely happy to tears, like i have never been in real life. i ran up to him and hugged him hard, but he didnt recognize me and he pushed me away like i was a crazy person. he looked so disgusted. i tried to tell him i was his daughter, but he said i was wrong that he didnt have a daughter. it was so painful

Someone weird running after me with an injection and im trying to run but i cant but im running but i cant, i was weird... I always dream about something running after me but I cant move

NickyNacker

I remember a few. I had this recurring theme where this Big Foot type of monster would be chasing me around my yard and the harder I tried to run, the slower I would go while he continued to chase me. Like, I was going in slow motion. It was horrible! Then another one was me in the drive way and I started to lift into the air further and further. I'm scared of heights, so that was scary. Another one... I walked outside of my house and everything was covered in a rainbow pattern lol. Like no color, just rainbow. Maybe I was telling myself that I was gonna be gay? LOL

lyricalliaisons

I remember a lot of dreams from my childhood/teenage years. I used to have horrendous night terrors as a teenager-- I remember those the most.

206Raider

Yes I remember a dream when I was 5 where a bunch of shadow people are trying to grab me and I don't know why I remember it so vividly..

I remember how scared i was when i woke up. My dream was about some supermassive big bouncing bubbles .. yeah well, they chased me through the darkness and i couldn't outrun them. I died because of a big bubble, great. It was dark outside when i woke up and i was crying hysterical. My mum didn't understand and i had to go to school even though i was scared to death.