Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when ... somebody calls you their friend, and the next minute, through no fault of your own, they don't want to know you. :thumbdown:

grapevine

Also, don't you hate it when you live on a large nice block of land, but then later on, a sewerage factory gets made up the road and for years esp round the Christmas months as the weather gets hot- the sewage smell spreads thick in the air like a roll of stank.

grapevine

And also, dont you hate it when you find (esp once over the age of 30) a long fine hair (just one) growing out your chin and going for months not even noticing it was there : O

anxiety1408

When you have spent the whole evening putting 70 references in the correct harvard format, because you thought it's one of those things to do at the end. And then you're absolutely shattered and finally make it to bed at 1am, and on the other side of that you have a group presentation in the morning.

The cost of living has got so bad in your country that you have to be on a high wage to be able to afford to feed a family with Chinese Takeaway for one night.

hmmm, decisions, decisions..... The modern luxury of Chinese Takeaway for a family dinner, or forgo this years Christmas presents? :thinking:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
When your family say they'd do anything for ye, but they always let you down when you take them up on their word. :sad:

theoutsider

Don't you hate it when people who obviously don't have any type of social phobia join this forum just to make stupid threads and some people actually take it seriously and express genuine concern?

**I won't make any specific references but I'll bet you can guess a few of the threads I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Don't you hate it when people who obviously don't have any type of social phobia join this forum just to make stupid threads and some people actually take it seriously and express genuine concern?

**I won't make any specific references but I'll bet you can guess a few of the threads I'm talking about.

No, of course not... :rolleyes:

But yeah, I guess I'm guilty of that, sadly. I suppose I'm like my mother in that way, cuz she's always giving advice when I'm going through a bad time, trying to make things better. :idontknow:

theoutsider

No, of course not... :rolleyes:

But yeah, I guess I'm guilty of that, sadly. I suppose I'm like my mother in that way, cuz she's always giving advice when I'm going through a bad time, trying to make things better. :idontknow:

I think we've all been suckered at least once by those threads until the story starts to get more and more ridiculous and you're like :eek:h: realizing you've been wasting your time and good advice on a troll.

Graeme1988

I think we've all been suckered at least once by those threads until the story starts to get more and more ridiculous and you're like :eek:h: realizing you've been wasting your time and good advice on a troll.

Yep! Ah know I did recently. Ah wus'nae too happy with maself when ah realised my suggestions were being met with excuses, as though wanting sympathy rather than help. :kickingmyself: :eek:mg:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

I think a bright side could be by trying to help other people we often help ourselves as well, even in a thread that turned out to be orchestrated by a troll. And the people who read the thread may also find those posts helpful too. So maybe not always completely wasted?

Graeme1988

I think a bright side could be by trying to help other people we often help ourselves as well, even in a thread that turned out to be orchestrated by a troll. And the people who read the thread may also find those posts helpful too. So maybe not always completely wasted?

No, but it's a waste o' time if someone posted helpful advice that got dismissed and glossed over by the fud who started the thread topic. Especially if they seemed to be asking other for help.

Sorry, don't mean to crap on the point you made there, vj. I get where yer comin' from. :thumbup:

AtTheGates

Banned
No, but it's a waste o' time if someone posted helpful advice that got dismissed and glossed over by the fud who started the thread topic. Especially if they seemed to be asking other for help.

Sorry, don't mean to crap on the point you made there, vj. I get where yer comin' from. :thumbup:

Both good points.

When it comes down to it though, from giving the advice/ trying to help I guess YOU did the right thing though. Even if THEY decided to be ****s.

In my personal opinion, if the "man upstairs" knows you did the right thing then thats what matters most at the end of the day.

theoutsider

That's one good way to look at it positively. :thumbup: