don't wanna have sex

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Friends with benefits = Someone you consider close, who you have a bond, but you aren't romantically involved with, yet you have no issue with being intimate with them.

gf/bf = Someone you're romantically involved with.

That's just my opinion.

jaim38

No, not that. All I said was that if there is no sex involved, then your partner just becomes your closest friend. That's all.

I think each person has his/her definition of "partner" and "friend". Some people think "partner" is someone you get romantically involved as well as have sex with, and that "friend" is someone you don't have sex with.

My definition of a "partner" (i.e. boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse) is someone you are in a romantic relationship with. There's kissing, hand holding, snuggling, etc involved - things that you don't do with friends. Sex may not be necessary.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No, not that. All I said was that if there is no sex involved, then your partner just becomes your closest friend. That's all.

You can have sex with your closest friends, actually. The only difference between them and a partner is that there's no romantic feelings involved.

With your comment, you're implying that sex is what makes a relationship, and that's not true. It's not always necesary.

gummybear22

My definition of a "partner" (i.e. boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse) is someone you are in a romantic relationship with. There's kissing, hand holding, snuggling, etc involved - things that you don't do with friends. Sex may not be necessary.

yup yup
sex doesn't make the cake. not for me at least. to some it's the cake, others the icing, others just sprinkles. for me, it's a closed cardboard box in a dark alley, and i'm not curious to see what's in it. could be a portal to the moon, could be a giant axe, could be a stack of pancakes. someone else can go open that box and take it with them if they want. take whatever's in it and leave the box. but I hope that box has at least a trashcan near it so it won't be lonely.

MikeyC

yup yup
sex doesn't make the cake. not for me at least. to some it's the cake, others the icing, others just sprinkles. for me, it's a closed cardboard box in a dark alley, and i'm not curious to see what's in it. could be a portal to the moon, could be a giant axe, could be a stack of pancakes. someone else can go open that box and take it with them if they want. take whatever's in it and leave the box. but I hope that box has at least a trashcan near it so it won't be lonely.
So sex is like a cake box in a trash can or something? :bigsmile:

Flanscho

Any guys on here that don't wanna have sex ever?

Well, let me put it like this: the sex drive is one of the strongest drives we have. If not the strongest in total. A healthy man wants sex. Of course, some people want sex more than others. Still, if you don't want any sex at all, ever, then something is not right with you. Of course, if it doesn't bother you that you don't want any sex at all, then there is no reason to change that, I guess.

Amitush123

Well, let me put it like this: the sex drive is one of the strongest drives we have. If not the strongest in total. A healthy man wants sex. Of course, some people want sex more than others. Still, if you don't want any sex at all, ever, then something is not right with you. Of course, if it doesn't bother you that you don't want any sex at all, then there is no reason to change that, I guess.

Right is very sensitive definition...I do no think that there's anything wrong with it, it is just different...of course, it does mean that something in the body might not be working properly, so I think he should see a doc..

Flanscho

Right is very sensitive definition...I do no think that there's anything wrong with it, it is just different...of course, it does mean that something in the body might not be working properly, so I think he should see a doc..

Well, as said, if he doesn't have any problem with not desiring sex, then there is no reason to change that. However, it is, as said, the strongest urge any living being possesses, since on it depends whether a species can exist or not.

It's not like saying "I don't like the color blue that much". There can be many reasons for a person not feeling the strongest urge any living being has... Like, a hugely traumatic experience. Or a strong hormonal disorder. Or an odd development in the brain. It doesn't just happen like that.

A86

this question hurts my head, I am probably over thinking it.
in all honesty, these points come to my mind when looking at the question...

* I have no burning desire in regards to the act itself. instead just feel neutral
* I do have a desire to be intimate with someone (this sort of contradicts the neutral feeling about the act itself or is it something different?)
* I feel tremendous fear in opening myself up and being intimate with anyone.

seeing as the fear thus far seems to have the most emotional influence on my course of actions by easily extinguishing any of the other desires... does that mean what my body is telling me (through emotions) is that what I really want is not to be intimate and thus not wanting sex?

it all seems like there are not any simple yes/no answers, instead its all a bunch of different scales/levels/spectrum's and the only distinguishing factor is how much higher or lower they are relative to one another... and it all hurts my head thinking about it.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I believe the title of this thread was 'don't want to have sex?' and not ' do you think theres something wrong with me?':no:

I love how some jump to conclusions that the OP has something wrong just because she doesn't want to have sex.

The hypocrisy is incredible here. "BAWW THEY JUDGE ME" "Oh, you don't want to have sex? There must be something wrong with you"

Leave her alone already.

Last edited by a moderator: