dont be intimidated by anyone on here

"I'm a Christian so I don't ______" is pretty seriously insulting and denying the faith of other christians who do ______. You're telling them they're not real christians because they don't share your interpretation of what christians should do and not do. Of course you offend them by saying that. If non-christans are offended, that'd be weird though. (Disclaimer: I'm non-christian, so I wouldn't be offended, but I imagine it'd make me mad if I were one.)

I believe in a giant vegemite covered apple - the only true God. This is my right to believe, and you can't prove it doesn't exist. I don't try to force people to believe -- but they would be so much happier if they did -- and it would make me happy, to see them happy - else they MITE go to marmite hell if they don't. Please respect our faiths -- even if it's downright stupid. ;)

Satine

It's a tricky place to come to if you want to help - trying to help while also not looking smug (and some do actively look for smugness) can be difficult. I've been accused of being here to boast a couple of times and it's a shame. I only want to be helpful.

However, on the whole it's a very accepting place here.

Emily_G

You mentioned your faith – what did you expect? Atheists see it as an open challenge, in the form of a debate. Your best option would be not to reply to us/me -- because it'll go on forever, and no one will win. ::p:

Why? I wasn't preaching. I was just saying that I am a Christian who follows God's Word.

Someone else said they are a Satanist. Why is that not seen as an open challenge? S/he believes in a god. Just not the same God as I do. I am a member of another forum and atheists claim they do not have anything particularly against Christians and our God, that they are equally against all gods....but somehow I just can't believe it. No other faith gets as attacked, at least not that I've seen.

davidburke

Why? I wasn't preaching. I was just saying that I am a Christian who follows God's Word.

Someone else said they are a Satanist. Why is that not seen as an open challenge? S/he believes in a god. Just not the same God as I do. I am a member of another forum and atheists claim they do not have anything particularly against Christians and our God, that they are equally against all gods....but somehow I just can't believe it. No other faith gets as attacked, at least not that I've seen.

I am an atheist and i have no problem with religious ppl and try to avoid arguing about it unless they bring it up and i don't think ppl should be picked on here about religion or lack of because this site is about social phobia afterall

Kat

I do feel silly giving my opinions on here at times. People don’t always agree on everything here but people with sp are sagacious and I feel like the things I have said or want to say, they usually can come up with the same logic and conclusions about things on their own… and I worry about sounding like a broken record or pointing out the obvious::eek::

iamthenra

God? Where was God when the Westfold fell? Where was God when our enemies closed in around us! Where was Go— No, my Lords, we are alone.... Haha! :D