Does this ever happen to you

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

When you go out with friends do you ever feel worse when you get home than before you went out or does it always go well and when you get home you feel happier. Most of the times when I go out it makes me feel lonelier and less confident it sucks does anyone get this

chibiXphantom

usually. depending on the company. but i usually dwell on some stupid thing i did (or said) and feel like everyone thinks im an idiot. then i get the idea that they dont even like me or that i annoy them.
then i feel like i have no friends and regret ever going out.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Whenever I have a chance to go out, I don't like the idea of coming back home. It feels like I'm being thrown into my jail cell again.

Phoenixx

I sometimes feel worse after hanging with friends, exactly as you said I feel lonelier and less confident (not that I had much confidence to begin with). I'm not totally sure why that is though.

BleedTheFreak

Sometimes, it depends on what happens while I'm out. If I have positive interactions with people I feel good, but the slightest awkward moment can ruin me.

razzle dazzle rose

It happens sometimes. Especially if I am already in a rotten mood. Most of the time though, going out improves my mood and makes me feel better. I enjoy it.

razzle dazzle rose

Whenever I have a chance to go out, I don't like the idea of coming back home. It feels like I'm being thrown into my jail cell again.

Exactly! I call it my cage. Coming back home after a fun day out sucks most of the time. I have to learn how to deal with that; I can't be out 24/7 *cries*

Labyrinthine

After being around other people for extended periods of time, I feel drained. Probably because of all my defense mechanisms.

Alice_d

To be honest, I always go through each thing I've said when I get home. Go over every time I've looked like an idiot or gone red. I actually dread before I go out, and sometimes will change plans or often put things off. I am happier when I get home as I feel like I've proved to myself that I can socialize, however its hard work and tiring trying to impress and think of conversations to have.
So glad I'm not the only one. :)

WishingICould

I find it quite draining. I think it's because i'm concentrating so hard on trying not to make any mistakes and act normal.

JustWannaLove

I find it quite draining. I think it's because i'm concentrating so hard on trying not to make any mistakes and act normal.

same.
im trying hard to be normal and not seem like anything was up with me and act like everything is fine and dandy. i smile until my lips start twitching.
on the odd occasion, i can come back feeling happier, but that wears away a few days later once i'm back to my original life again

rocky_oreo

I don't have any friends to go out with but when I go out for the day with my partner we have such a good day that I dread coming back home again. But it's different when we go out and do things such as meeting up with his family at one of their houses or going for a meal with them, I find it so nerve wracking and awkward that I end up just wanting to get back home and I wonder if they like me or not because I'm so shy

maryama

OMMGG i feel that everytime i go out with friends even if i did have fun. cz through out of it anyway am not speaking in a free way..am thinking about what am saying what am doing and i feel like am acting weird so constantly am fighting to be 'alright' i feel like the third wheel in the group or kinda lonley . but if it is just me and one friends ts alright. i regret goinng out in the first place but i do it anyway so i don't then think to myself you haven't tried enough. teerrible feeling

jaim38

If the day goes well as in social interactions weren't awkward and I didn't do anything embarassing in public, I might go home feeling like I've accomplished something. But I put up lots of defenses in public so I would rather be home.

PrincessKitty

usually. depending on the company. but i usually dwell on some stupid thing i did (or said) and feel like everyone thinks im an idiot. then i get the idea that they dont even like me or that i annoy them.
then i feel like i have no friends and regret ever going out.

:idontknow: I feel like this all the time. Some of my friends are alright, but when I do go out I'm dreading it. I'm only like 21 but I mostly go out with my mum because I hate going out. I'm worried that people will stare at me (I know that they won't) Certain friends well, I'm kinda worried what to say if I hurt their feelings in any other way. When I do I feel guitly and blame myself.
Another reason that I live in such a rural place its hard to make friends when everyone knows everyone. :kickingmyself: