Does money make you happy.

mrb

I think having plenty of money can decrease stress and anxiety, but in my opinion, true happiness doesn't come from being financially secure, but from being happy with yourself and having people around you that care about you and that you enjoy spending time with.

well i think that says it all , i agree 100 per cent :)

Krista

It's nice to have but I'm just as happy off not having money at all too. I'm really good about saving though, the only time I ever blow money is on tattoos or something big I give myself as a treat.

Here's a question: is there an optimum level of wealth? Because sure sure, it's better to be off the street than on it, but I can see how there might be such a thing as "too much money" if you can't handle the burden or the pressure of knowing how to allocate it or use it best for the benefit of yo brotha man.

Like, perhaps wealth is directly related to one factor, and inversely related to another, and the best spot to be is the one where factors one and two balance out perfectly. Comfort versus guiltlessness?

To more adequately answer the question, though, I make it my life's goal to end up poor later on down the line. I may sooner or later change my mind as my perception of life as a poor man changes, but for now I want nothing to do with money.

Emily_G

How much is too much? Hmmm...all I want is enough for my family's basic needs and a little extra to do some fun things with the kids. Anything beyond that I think would make me into a person I don't want to be.

Juggalo

Anyone who says money can't make you happy has never been in a situation where they haven't had any. Im living in poverty, I'm on food stamps, no car, got a phone but its prepaid minutes and im out and can't afford more minutes for a long time... I've even started donating plasma.

I don't even have a computer or internet, I come over here to my uncles to use his comp.

Being poor SUCKS. If you're already depressed and you slide into poverty, trust me, poverty is going to amplify your depression.

Juggalo

To more adequately answer the question, though, I make it my life's goal to end up poor later on down the line. I may sooner or later change my mind as my perception of life as a poor man changes, but for now I want nothing to do with money.

LOL, no offense, I'm not trying to start anything, but this most definitely had to have been written by someone who has always been in the middle class or better.

Money does matter. You can't buy happiness, but they are one of the peaces of happy person. I think happy person needs to feel secure economically. And if you're poor this society would call you antisocial... Poor people out of society. They don't fit in society.

cosmosis

Having no money is bad...but having too much money is a curse. I've seen my own sister and parents get extremely rich and what it did to them. The thing about humans is that we always adapt. Getting extremely rich will make you happy for ...oh maybe about a month or so..and you adapt to it and then you a run into a huge problem....what's next? We always keep looking for more and more to be happy. We arn't actually suppose to get rich, but just desire it to keep us motivated. It's very hard to find happiness when you can buy anything on a whim. The little everyday things don't bring as much joy, you will be looking for something huge which can't really come after getting the ultimate prize.

And the saddest part of having alot money is that you cannot let it go even if you realize its bad for you.

206Raider

Ehh, everyone is obsessed with making money, I'm not. I love what I have but having money does feel better. My life may not be perfect but the people I know who are obsessed with making money to be happy are pathetic.

uykucu

if i were a rich man,
daidle deedle daidle
daidle daidle deedle daidle dum
all day long i'd biddy-biddy-bum
if i were a wealthy man.

i 'd comfortable when i shopping
i 'd never think that have to bargain with sellers
i'd never regret after shopping
i'd never think how to be less load to my parents

w*n*c*a*m

Money makes me feel happy in a way because I can buy
the things that I wanna have. It's just my simple pleasure.
I'm not a shopaholic because I rarely go shopping. It's just
that I am so fond of gadgets. And if I have those things, I
can at least feel excited and happy. But unfortunately those
are so expensive so I rather not spend at all. And if I am rich, maybe I can travel more and expose myself to my surroundings. I can try a lot of cool things that I wanna try.
I can give gifts to my friends and family.... mostly those
things.

Jin

Well, having money feels a hell of a lot better than having no money lol.

Does it make me feel less anxious and deaden some of the depressive bouts? Yes, on a miniscule scale, cause that means I'm earning money and I don't get anxious about job-hunting or looking like a bum to others

Money helps me afford therapy if I need it, so it makes me happy in that sense.

I think everyone would agree that money isn't a cure-all though. I don't want to be cliche and be all "Money can't buy true happiness" because..duh! But in a capitalistic environment, it helps a little.

Money can make happy if you know how to spend them right.

money makes the world go around indeed.... yeah i need tons of money but i cant make it...hehehe to 3rd world country like this..... its hell if you dont have enough of those....