Does money make you happy.

lyricalliaisons

I was raised poor & have been poor my whole life, but there was a time when I had more than I have now & it didn't make me happy. There was also a time, not too long ago, when I had less than I have now, & I definitely wasn't happy. Money doesn't make a person happy, but the more you have, the less you have to worry about everyday things such as paying bills, & paying for shelter, food, clothing, etc. The less you have to worry about, the easier things are. For me, when I had less to worry about in terms of money, I still wasn't happy, but I was less stressed, so, even though money doesn't at all lead to happiness, it can lead to more of a peace of mind. Money's always a good thing, imo, unless a person has too much of it & wastes it all.

I barely make enough money to cover all of my expenses these days, which has made money a pretty big source of anxiety, and at times depression. The most depressing part is that I don't have a better job and make more money because I'm more than qualified for one at this point (damn economy!!!)

When I have some extra money at the end of the month, I feel a sense of security which is definitely comforting, but obviously money cannot make anyone happy. I think making the right choices with money and what you spend it on or don't spend it on can improve your quality of life just by reducing stress and worry.

But for those who feel happier from seeing a therapist, psychiatrist or taking medication, it could be said that they are spending money for the sake of happiness.

Danfalc

Banned
People have already said what I'm kinda saying,but growing up poor as hell made me so unhappy,being called a scrubber at school because I didnt have decent clothes did dent my confidence and stuff.Also being in a hostel for homeless kids really made me see money can make such a difference in life.And it does,the average age span for someone living on the same estate as me,is 8 years younger than those of other areas due to the extreme poverty line.

For me its not the holy grail,but it is an important part of being stable and secure.It might not give you true happiness,but you will not have a nice time if you dont have enough to keep a roof over your head ect Money does make the world go round these days sadly.

planemo

Money is no use if you have issues, I think. Having low self esteem, anxiety and poor social abilities, can mean being rich in wealth but being poor in quality of life.