does anyone feel like they're living the same day over again?

MikeyC

Yesterday and last night despair, This morning hope, distraction, hopelessness, sadness, competitiveness, exertion, happiness. And that's before breakfast. Sometimes I wish my days were less intense, and more predictable.
I've noticed your days are like this a lot. This must be really draining for you, mate.

Going to the movies on your own is also great. It's the perfect solo outing. Everyone is sat in a dark room and most keep quiet anyway, so other than talking about the movie afterwards, it's the same experience going on your own. (I prefer going on my own...that way no one talks to me and ruins the film!)
I agree so much! It's great! :thumbup:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I think a lot of us probably feel like we’re in Groundhog Day.

I was visiting my mother once, and she says “Do you ever feel like one day of your life is just becoming the next and the next and the next?”

I think she was trying to make me feel like she understood, but it made me want to jump out the window. ha ha

it could be but there are solitary things i can enjoy..its just that when i force myself out socially it just feels awkward and well, forced..when you have to use extra energy to pay attention to what people are saying, act interested it kind of just kills the enjoyment..
yes, the socilaizing just doesn't come naturally to people like us. for most i think socializing is "free and easy" for them, which i guess is how it should be. after all these years, i still have no definitive answer for that...

bsammy

yes, the socilaizing just doesn't come naturally to people like us. for most i think socializing is "free and easy" for them, which i guess is how it should be. after all these years, i still have no definitive answer for that...

yes, for most people they enjoy meeting new people and socializing is not only 'free and easy' for them but ultimately enjoyable but people like us often come out feeling like we just put a full days work in..lol..

TheGirl

This is exactly how I've been feeling for the past year! I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of time warp and no matter how much I try to change things up, its still the same old repetition *sigh*

theoutsider

I leave the house at just about the same time every day. I live in a secured condo so I always see the same security guard making his rounds every morning and we exchange the same greeting. It does kind of make me feel like I'm in the movie, Groundhog Day sometimes. I thought of this thread the last I saw him.

Kiwong

I am so lost in my thoughts that I miss out on the bleeding obvious that the earth is amazing and each day is different. I was going shopping and I saw: Buckinghamia trees on Harbour Drive heavy to drooping with cream flowers, visited by a swarm of honey bees, the pink flowers of crepe myrtle, a smooth gum- like bark, the cool shade offered by a spreading Moreton Bay Fig over the laneway to the shopping centre car park, a sky so blue it hurts my eyes, with storm clouds piling up high looking for the release in the threat of an afternoon storm. I am so jaded by life that I overlook the incredible things I see every day.

MikeyC

I am so lost in my thoughts that I miss out on the bleeding obvious that the earth is amazing and each day is different. I was going shopping and I saw: Buckinghamia trees on Harbour Drive heavy to drooping with cream flowers, visited by a swarm of honey bees, the pink flowers of crepe myrtle, a smooth gum- like bark, the cool shade offered by a spreading Moreton Bay Fig over the laneway to the shopping centre car park, a sky so blue it hurts my eyes, with storm clouds piling up high looking for the release in the threat of an afternoon storm. I am so jaded by life that I overlook the incredible things I see every day.
That's kind of amazing that you see all that, mate. Not many people do. :)

Livemylife

I really have no idea what this phenomenon could be like. I think it's because I'm still in school, have no job, and ride the bus. Classes are different every other day. Sometimes I ride a different bus since I'm usually late. I'm online a lot and there's usually something new to read/post. I watch TV and there's a different primetime show every weekday. Every week I feel like there's something I've procrastinated on that I need to do, be it laundry or cleaning my bathroom. My days are unexciting but I wouldn't say identical.:question:

jaim38

I had as similar experience outdoor this week. I was looking up and saw a beautiful blue sky, dainty clouds, and airplanes zooming by. The air was fresh and it was almost still and quiet around me. Who knew that a simple experience such as this can be so profound!

Kiwong

I had as similar experience outdoor this week. I was looking up and saw a beautiful blue sky, dainty clouds, and airplanes zooming by. The air was fresh and it was almost still and quiet around me. Who knew that a simple experience such as this can be so profound!

It's so easy to miss seeing great stuff such as that. I try to do it more often, record details of what I see.