Does anybody actually care about anybody else anymore

Froggy246

I have made finding truth my life for the last 7 years, after a life threatening experience.... And truth isn't wanted by anyone anywhere.

Nothing today is as it appears ... It's all a illusion made by delusional narcissists, and ego maniac's... We are all SCREWED... and it's only going to get worse.

At least your clued up to the fact it's all an illusion and some what of a con, pretty good starting place, ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is empowering.
There are truth seekers all over the place, check out this internet radio station, their tag line is 'for the seeker' and they have many many listeners all over the world.
Red Ice Radio

We've still got a chance to win this war, but as Michael Jackson sings, it starts with the man in the mirror, we need to forgive others, as well as ourselves...amongst other things.

Steppen-Wolf

It seems to me that usually we're lead to believe that love, company and acceptance are human rights. That just for living we're entitled to have those, but sadly life is usually not that kind.

Almost everything has to be earned, it's just that for most people is not that hard to make some long time friends or find something that vaguely resembles "love", but for people with issues like ours such a task can be daunting.

In any case and no matter how cliche it may sound, there's always hope no matter your age. And even trying and failing seems like a better alternative than just bitter resignation.

Odo

Banned
It seems to me that usually we're lead to believe that love, company and acceptance are human rights. That just for living we're entitled to have those, but sadly life is usually not that kind.

Almost everything has to be earned, it's just that for most people is not that hard to make some long time friends or find something that vaguely resembles "love", but for people with issues like ours such a task can be daunting.

In any case and no matter how cliche it may sound, there's always hope no matter your age. And even trying and failing seems like a better alternative than just bitter resignation.

There's a lot of truth in this. You can't just do and say whatever you want and expect people to like you, and just because friends and relationships come more easily to other people it doesn't mean that they're 'cheating'.

I'm kind of guilty of giving up on other people myself but in the end things probably aren't as bad as I would like to believe, and I'm probably at least partially (not saying completely) responsible for my own situation... and I think that applies to everyone.

You can't change the world, but you can change yourself... the problem is that a lot of people can't get over themselves and this results in meaningful change being always beyond their grasp.

Bo592

It would be nice if love was what made the world go around and people where more forgiving and understanding in people problems. I wish I had somthing to add to this thread. But I guess all we are left with is to try and trick or minds in to feeling happy.

mismeek

Well, my advice is to get some hobbies you can do with others, or do public courses where you can learn new things together with others. That way you get to know people with whom you already have something in common.

I agree with flanscho.. you need to find a hobby that helps you interact with people.. I don't think church is a great place to in my opinion. get a membership at the Y I make friends when I go to certain workout classes regularly. Check out the community center! in the summer they have woodworking classes and painting classes and wine tasting classes.. If anything it would break up the monotony of your day. :)

Steiner

I went to church once. It was out in the country where my family plans on moving in a few years and it was real nice. It had some hottie church girls and they had a fish fry afterwards so it wasn't bad. I guess it can depend on the church and how you introduce yourself.

It was nice it might be because it was a church in the country though since they have a stronger sense of community when there are less people to communicate with! Churches in the cities tend to feel cold,distant and just go through the motions of saying prayer and fondling boys.

Perhaps if you haven't tried a country church like out in the backwoods you probably could.

Alienated

Well I have allot of hobbies but they don't include other people. It's mainly studying, but I am getting burned out. I live in a State that only has 1 real city, that's the capital and 4 hours away. Allot of country folks, and farm land. I stick out like a polar bear in the amazon !! I'm a Yankee in the South.

akala

If i were in your situation, with nobody to impress or do things for I'd move and find some place in the city where it's busy, or just move out of that area since you can't seem to find anyone to be friends with.

MollyBeGood

I'm almost 50 now and all alone on Earth, never married, no kids, and all my family is dead. I have gone to 30 Churches in my area, and can't find 1 person I would trust to call the cops if I was laying in the street bleeding to death. They make me feel as welcome as a STD, nobody will even talk with me. I have lived in isolation for 7 years now, and I am loosing any hope of finding just 1 friend.

Life SUCKS !!

I would never go to church again (omg 30 of them!!)-myself I stopped going when I was 12 and had a say in it....anyhoo...I will be your friend :) I know how you feel. I prefer isolation though because even those who say they care, really don't. Family if your lucky are the only ones who will be there for you. I am sorry they are all gone*Hugs* Do you have any pets? My dog is my life line.

MollyBeGood

At least your clued up to the fact it's all an illusion and some what of a con, pretty good starting place, ignorance may be bliss but knowledge is empowering.
There are truth seekers all over the place, check out this internet radio station, their tag line is 'for the seeker' and they have many many listeners all over the world.
Red Ice Radio

We've still got a chance to win this war, but as Michael Jackson sings, it starts with the man in the mirror, we need to forgive others, as well as ourselves...amongst other things.

Ohh I like Red Ice Radio-good one. Try "What on Earth is Happening" too. That guy is one of my favorites.

Alienated

I would never go to church again (omg 30 of them!!)-myself I stopped going when I was 12 and had a say in it....anyhoo...I will be your friend :) I know how you feel. I prefer isolation though because even those who say they care, really don't. Family if your lucky are the only ones who will be there for you. I am sorry they are all gone*Hugs* Do you have any pets? My dog is my life line.

Thank you... I was just looking for someplace I could belong, and have some people to talk to. But I think they were on drugs...ALL OF THEM... And yes I have 2 cats, and they are all I have. I used to like the isolation for personal reasons, but it's been getting to me for the last 2 years. So I poked my head out of my hole, and I am totally lost. I don't understand what happed to society.

I feel like Charlton Hesston on Planet of the Apes... Nobody talks to each other any more, and everything is controlled by non-thinking BRUTES...

I have quite a interesting story which lead up to the isolation, it's pretty terrible and wonderful at the same time. But I am totally lost, and I have tried everything I can think of, and out of options. I don't know what to do.

laure15

The world may become indifferent and heartless, but there are people who care. The people on this website who support other members through post replies and chats are a good example.

MollyBeGood

Oh, I'd like to hear your story sometime, only if you feel comfortable with sharing it. Very intriguing description....

I have quite a interesting story which lead up to the isolation, it's pretty terrible and wonderful at the same time. But I am totally lost, and I have tried everything I can think of, and out of options. I don't know what to do.

This makes me so sad to read :(

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. What makes me even more sad is the fact that you've gotten to a certain age and you're still having this trouble. I guess I'm not really helping any by saying that but I feel indignant. Why should you have struggled with this all your life? Why should any of us? But then again why are people born blind and without limbs and some get cancer or hit by a car... it's just the roll of the dice.

Gah. I wish I was more positive right now. I do hope you find a way to feel better, or at least more at peace. You're not alone in this.

Alienated

This makes me so sad to read :(

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. What makes me even more sad is the fact that you've gotten to a certain age and you're still having this trouble. I guess I'm not really helping any by saying that but I feel indignant. Why should you have struggled with this all your life? Why should any of us? But then again why are people born blind and without limbs and some get cancer or hit by a car... it's just the roll of the dice.

Gah. I wish I was more positive right now. I do hope you find a way to feel better, or at least more at peace. You're not alone in this.

You have no need to apologize ... It is frustrating, but if you only knew the things I have seen ! I have learned to have gratitude for the things I have because of those people that are born without limbs, I have struggled.. but I am much better than I WAS !! In another year I will have been sober longer than any other time in my life !! I don't have the same struggles that you have, or anybody else for that matter. But we each have our own, don't we ??

What ticks me off, is the people that are supposed to be there to help, are nowhere to be found !! They are to busy complaining about their problems, to help others, like they are supposed to actually be doing. I would love to be a counselor ... I contacted 71 mission org. and tried to volunteer. And they wouldn't even talk to me,.... they were too busy !! They are all to busy...

But you took the time to tell me I am NOT alone, and I thank you for that !!
That shows you do care, and answered my question. You were here for me.

Op you mentioned you've been to over 30 churches. I'd bet my money if you'd visited with another half and 2 kids you'd have received a different response. Churches tend to have a blueprint for their congregants, if you don't fit in the box, they can't comprehend you let alone relate and befriend. I actually find nothing more irritating than over zealous in-genuine church people. I'd say you had a lucky escape there!

Well, my advice is to get some hobbies you can do with others, or do public courses where you can learn new things together with others. That way you get to know people with whom you already have something in common.

That's what I was gonna say ^ :thumbup:

Hobbies and shared interests are the way forward making new friends. Oh and volunteering!

mikebird

Banned
The only good feelings and emotions I have are for people I know who have all achieved everything I ever needed. I envy them. I'm pleased for them. I might not meet them again

I think all normal life is so easily achieved by smiling and giggling so you get employed by someone. Married with kids, with absolutely no effort - never having to recover from anything bad. Real life is that of a TV presenter

I always wanted to be the kind of person who climbed a mountain... rewarded for doing something nobody else has done... discovering the hole in ozone layer alone

Every champion wins a title. The names go on that. But someone else got to win the boxing... tennis... by beating someone else. Just another name.

Main achevement seems to be producing children. Some other people have done it.

A new achievement is to judge people unworthy of working, which they've already done

Aahhh... getting out of the local comfort zone region to any foriegn country is very important!! My best holiday was in Thailand. I was told they are the kindest and friendliest and that's right! Even away from my travelling buddy for a few weeks I felt accepted and comfortable. My SA just disappeared when abroad! Staying with a large family in the heart / suburbs of Bangkok was a different planet. Given pure whiskey on ice every night when the girl finished work and lots of food. We wouldn't have met if we hadn't been chatting on Skype before.

Returning from Bangkok to remote islands and then the phucket hotel on Christmas night, I was surprisingly blended by my travelling mate into western world English people - more SA came back - I was scraping the remains of the party barbecue leftovers. My socialite friend. May not meet again. Now married with kids, and his Estate Agent business... what is needed to run that business apart from smiling a lot?

Last edited:

Alienated

Very few people in America can appreciate what I have survived, and what I am going through.

After years of abuse from others and myself, I ended up institutionalized in a treatment center for 2 1/2 years, then spent another 4 1/2 totally isolated by choice. You see my whole family is dead, and I have no one on Earth.

I have spent the last six years dissecting my life to find where I went wrong, and have learned I was my own worst enemy. And though rigorous self discipline and education, have reformed the neuro thought pathways in my brain. To essentially change the way I think and behave, to rebuild my life !!

But NO ONE knows what taking responsibility for themselves is any more !! They all just look at me with this STUPID look on their face !! Not ONE can say I am sorry for the loss of your family, or well done for changing your life !!

I was a alcoholic and drug addict of 30 years, and now I will be sober 7 years on 8-4-13 !!

I have taught myself human anatomy, psychology, inorganic and environmental chem., Greek, and Latin.... In the last 6 years.

The problem is NOBODY is capable of actually caring about another persons well being anymore !! I have come out of my cave to Planet of the Apes !! Where nobody actually talks to anyone anymore, and everything is controlled by NON thinking BRUTES !!

I never want to come out of my cave again after seeing what I have seen !! That's what I'm talking about !! Somebody tell me what the hell happened to society !! Please !! I am totally lost, and incapable of communicating with this freaking species !!

coyote

a start would be for you to care about the rest of humanity rather than setting yourself apart from it

Alienated

a start would be for you to care about the rest of humanity rather than setting yourself apart from it

Thank you for proving my point !! You might want to read the rest of the posts I made on this thread.

Like this quote : What ticks me off, is the people that are supposed to be there to help, are nowhere to be found !! They are to busy complaining about their problems, to help others, like they are supposed to actually be doing. I would love to be a counselor ... I contacted 71 mission org. and tried to volunteer. And they wouldn't even talk to me,.... they were too busy !! They are all to busy...

Last edited: