Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

• Total voters

Pink_Paula

I thought i had improved and moved on a bit with my SA but people that know me have said that mentally i got a lot worse over the last year!

Over te past year I've made some big progress in some areas and no progress in others. But overall it's gotten like.. hmm 30% better.

When I look at the last year, not so much. But when I look back on the eight years that I've been suffering, I'd say I've come a pretty long way. I can do things now that I couldn't even have dreamed back then, so I'm pretty happy with my progress :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
No, I think I've probably regressed.

It's just tougher being the shy guy that has trouble making eye-contact and talking with people when you're in your thirties. People aren't as accepting of your problems as you get older, they see you as someone that's genuinely weird and write you-off pretty quickly.

CPA23

I think my confidence is slowly growing. I'm better at making eye contact and I don't get as anxious when holding conversations with people. I still do have trouble socializing in groups and going to different places. I have definitely progressed overall. At 25, I realize that I'm growing up and I have to get it together if I want to achieve what I want. It has definitely been a long, bumpy road, but it is slowly getting better. I thank the good Lord that he allowed me to make it to 25 because I was struggling so much to find my place in society. We have to be strong and realize that everyone is imperfect. We all have some sort of insecurity, but we can't let it take over and ruin our lives.

I just have to keep telling myself to keep on going no matter what. Some days I go two steps back, but I can't let it stop me. I've worked too hard to make it this far and I am not turning back.

Instead of just saying "hi" to people, I am now able to ask, "how are you?" and other such mundane small-talk prattle.

Progress!