Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

• Total voters

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Haha... I wish. No, I noticed I am much more insane than last year. I wonder if i will survive another year like this.

You seem to be doing way better lately yourself Brokenx! Keep it going! :)

I think I've made a bit of progress over the year myself. But its been up and down. Hoping to really kick on this year. Have had enough of feeling like this so its time to really keep putting myself in all the situations that worry me and see how it goes.

Why thankyou ;)

dooby-duck

I think I have made some progress, not a lot though. I think most of it has come from researching the problems I have and then being able to understand some of my thoughts and actions a bit better. It's a bit like putting pieces of a jigsaw together.

philly2bits

It's tough to say. My situation in life is the same as last year, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have not improved.

Last edited:

mrb

im a lot better than i used to be sa wise its getting better with the help of my gf ..

mrb

That's good your girlfriend helps you !!:D

well yea i soppose , i was honest about my sa when we met online years ago , funny thing is she was a moderator on a chat room , i was slow at typin never been on a chat room b4 , she went awwww a newbie that cant spell how sweet :D want me to teach you how to spell lol ... then pmd me , all started from there really , she used to type songs whilst i was trying to type one sentance ... but slowly my type improve swapped numbers , then hit it off , the thing is on type im hopeless , but on the phone im confident .. few months later flew to ireland and met her , that was 5 years ago now :)

well yea i soppose , i was honest about my sa when we met online years ago , funny thing is she was a moderator on a chat room , i was slow at typin never been on a chat room b4 , she went awwww a newbie that cant spell how sweet :D want me to teach you how to spell lol ... then pmd me , all started from there really , she used to type songs whilst i was trying to type one sentance ... but slowly my type improve swapped numbers , then hit it off , the thing is on type im hopeless , but on the phone im confident .. few months later flew to ireland and met her , that was 5 years ago now :)

WOW thats like the perfect romance, glad your still going strong !

There's just something about the Irish eh ;)

lyricalliaisons

I have done things this last year that I've never done before, but I haven't gotten better. I started college in January of '09 & have had two semesters, but all going did was make it even harder for me to leave the house. I've gotten even worse at talking to people, & even more scared than usual. One thing I can do now sometimes is go to the movies alone, before last March, April, or so, I hadn't gone to the movies in years, & never alone. But I started going alone at least six months ago & now, as long as I can make myself leave the house, I can do that. I guess that's one good things, but all the bad things over shadow it.

hippiechild

For sure, I'm at my peak of socializing now. In the last 4 months I've made some acquaintances who I'm on good terms with, met up with an old, old friend and been close to making real friends on several occasions. I have to give a fair bit of credit to some SPW friends who have inspired me and revived my hope in humanity... you guys raWk

Along with being at my most social, it seems that I'm also least in touch with reality: spending more time than ever inside of my head, pursuing and understanding of my thought patterns in the same way that a dog chases his tail. Everything collapses around me a big heap of dysfunction, and I relish every second of it... sometimes everything is just so pretty and full of meaning.