Do you think you can fall in love with someone online?

Do you think you can fall in love with someone online?

• Yes- I already have

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Maybe/depends

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters

apollo

No way. You can really like a person online but you have to meet them to 'fall' in love.

You need to add the physical aspect in the equation.

Elad

Banned
I'd say yes.. you can fall in love with someone through the internet, but the majority of the time people confuse love with infatuation.

MaliceInWickedland

I've dated more guys online than in real life. Funnier thing is, my online relationships went A LOT better than my real life ones.

Simply put, I'm hopeless :)

Confuseddd

no, i believe you can lust for the "feeling" of love, and since the internet is so impersonal it is easy to be accepted.... this feels good so people mistake it for love. My thoughts on this, thats all. Another thought is that it is impossible to accurately get to know someone through posts. I do understand though that it feels good to express that sort of emotion, which especially many of us, have trouble expressing. This leads to my other theory that many of us here would obviously not only WANT to believe it is possible, but actually FEEL like it is possible simply by typing it out.

gals

It really depends on whether I can fall for someone online, as I rarely chat. I'm not even a chatter.

But I'd rather fall for someone in person so that I get to know someone that I really know better.

Kinetik

It's possible to fall in love with the idea you have of the person you're talking to. When infatuation happens online, your mind disregards potential negatives relating to that person. There are lots of aspects of someone that simply don't show up on the computer no matter how often you talk on it. It's just that you mentally fill in the existing blanks with nothing but good things, even though that's often not the reality of the situation - and those blanks may well prove to be dealbreakers in real life.

So yes, in theory it's possible, but be prepared for a whole lot of unforeseen extras if and when you meet. Having said that, at that point there's often such familiarity and a desire to make it work on both ends that the bad gets overlooked. With so much build-up and emotional investment having gone into it, it's guaranteed to work in many cases. Though of course, there are exceptions to every rule, and it's still common enough for two people to meet and not get along at all in person. I guess it comes down to whether both parties are equally motivated to make it work out - and whether or not they represented themselves fairly online.

Last edited: