Do you think you can fall in love with someone online?

Do you think you can fall in love with someone online?

• Yes- I already have

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Maybe/depends

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 5.8%

• Total voters

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Re: Do you think..

Falling in love online is probably as easy as in real life. Avoiding the heartbreak you're almost certain to face--that's the hard part.

Shift

One of my dear friends fell in love with someone online and they are now happily married.

I have a sad story too. One of my friends' mom fell in love with someone online and she abandoned her family to be with him.

Nack

Banned

Yes, its possible. But the idea of not being there with the other person is quite frustrating. You always have to keep reminding yourself that if you fall in love; it won't ever work because there are situations where the person is too far to reach. So you'll have to stay on the edge and don't fully give yourself in. Because the end will hurt if given in...

Nack

Banned

One of my dear friends fell in love with someone online and they are now happily married.

I have a sad story too. One of my friends' mom fell in love with someone online and she abandoned her family to be with him

I've heard something similar on the forum a while ago... Are you refering to "that" person?

I have a sad story too. One of my friends' mom fell in love with someone online and she abandoned her family to be with him.

Oh that's very sad. ::(:

lyricalliaisons

My answer wasn't included, since it wasn't yes or no. I'd say probably not, but possibly. I don't think it an be truly real unless the people meet first, though.

agoraphobickatie

i don't really know what to vote here... there should be a "i don't really know?"
i mean, you can fall in love with someone i guess, sure.. but i just can't do the long distance thing, i couldn't have a relationship with someone online... so i guess my answer is yes? haha

lyricalliaisons

I believe you can feel true love without physical contact.

I'm not talking about physical contact lol. The people don't even have to hold hands lol. I just mean that they won't truly know the person or truly know what they're like unless they meet in person. I just don't see how people can totally get to know each other, completely, when they've never even met.

iamthenra

I would say most definitely yes! I fell for a gal that I met on eHarmony, I even flew 3 hours via a 737 jet just to meet her... We got along great, and had an awesome time together... but because she changed her mind about moving here, we broke the line of communications... So yes, it is possible to fall in love to some degree anyways...

Shift

I've heard something similar on the forum a while ago... Are you refering to "that" person?

I wasn't talking about anyone on the forums. It was a friend I knew when I was in high school.

I would say most definitely yes! I fell for a gal that I met on eHarmony, I even flew 3 hours via a 737 jet just to meet her... We got along great, and had an awesome time together... but because she changed her mind about moving here, we broke the line of communications... So yes, it is possible to fall in love to some degree anyways...

Why didn't you move to her?
For it to appear on the main page I think you would have had to put the thread in the "surveys about social phobia" forum.
Thank you

philly2bits

I'm not talking about physical contact lol. The people don't even have to hold hands lol. I just mean that they won't truly know the person or truly know what they're like unless they meet in person. I just don't see how people can totally get to know each other, completely, when they've never even met.

I agree. It seems far too easy for one or both people to hide any part of themselves they wish. Of course people are going to put there best face forward when you first start talking to someone, but to truly get to know someone you have to see there "bad" side. Until you see the bad side of someone you never really know them IMO.

lyricalliaisons

I agree. It seems far too easy for one or both people to hide any part of themselves they wish. Of course people are going to put there best face forward when you first start talking to someone, but to truly get to know someone you have to see there "bad" side. Until you see the bad side of someone you never really know them IMO.

I agree. A lot of the parts of a persons personality & true self are not going to come across just through words that are typed on a screen. Or even over a webcam, for that matter (though that would be more accurate).

I believe its possible to fall in love with someone online... if you're open to it.
But I also believe its possible to fall out of love with the person when ye meet in real life.

Nack

Banned

That's why Skype was invented; and webcams and such.