Do you like your voice?

Do you like the sound of your own voice?

• Total voters
I don't like my voice, it's too nasal sounding. But I do like that when telemarketers call, I can say (convincingly) "Sorry, my parents aren't home." :D

Tiercel

To me, my voice is all mids/treble with no bass at all. That's the best way I think I can describe it. And if you play the guitar, I just can't get down to the low open E string. Maybe the F sharp or F, but not the E. And if I really strain, I can hit the equivalent of the 15th fret on the high E.

So no, I don't really like my voice.

:D

mrb

dunno if i like it or not really :confused: i mean you cant listen to your own voice unless you tape it can you :confused: but having said that iv been told i have a very distinctive voice :cool: like omg its him RUN :eek:

dean01

ive got two brothers and we all sound alike, strange but i think there voice is ok but mines not. i too get higher in pitch as i become more frantic. :eek:l

Felgen

My voice is almost identical to that of Fidel Castro in the revolution days, but most people hate to hear their own voice anyway.

hangbi92

sometimes i like it, sometimes not. When im calm my voice is good but when im anxious i sound exactly like a girl.

Oh gosh, no. Normally I hate mine, but it's even worse in English. The Dutch accent just doesn't belong in the English language, it makes everything sound so perverted and douchbaggerous. *trows up a little*

Well, that is, when I speak it with the accent it sounds that way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

boosh

no, my voice went pretty monotonous as soon as it broke. i can't help but sound like i'm bored by everything i talk about because of this and it just sounds unnatural to try and talk differently and put effort into it. people say i sound dopey as well... as well as my accent not being particularly good

coyote

Awww thank you for saying that *hugs* i guess my main problem is that i have been compared to a man before because of how i look, and i know my voice is deeper than an average woman so i just stress that people see me as more masculine than feminine ::eek::

Well, I haven't heard your voice, but you definitely don't look anything like a man. :]

Predacon

My voice sounds alright to me, of course it would sound different to others but nothing I can do about that.

PhantomPod

Noooo. I am female and I used to think that my voice sounded low and masculine (cause it just sounds low in my own ears), but when I see myself in a video and hear my voice, I can't believe how damn high-pitched my voice sounds! I don't like it.

Lonestar473

I don't like my voice, it's too nasal sounding. But I do like that when telemarketers call, I can say (convincingly) "Sorry, my parents aren't home." :D

I hate when they call, or I have to call anyone, because they always call me 'Mam'!! :mad:

I'm not a MAM! =P

Seriously, it is annoying, and I always feel like my voice is too whiny, I can
make it go deeper but I have to concentrate, and when I don't it flies up
high and then I feel self conscious and just end up being quiet. Doesn't help
that I can't read people hardly any all(I'm an Aspie).

Ok enough rambling... short version: No, sounds too whiny, so I never talk
much, and on the phone people think I'm a woman >.<

I don't like my voice. It sounds too childish. It gets worse when I'm nervous. When I'm more calmed and relaxed, I sound more mature. ::p:

I've heard her voice and I disagree! :D

I'm mostly shocked a bit when I hear my voice on a recording. It's like I don't know myself, which is partly true. I imagine if I recorded my voice every day and listened to it for a month then I would get used to it and wouldn't be so shocked. Kind of like opening the fridge for food, I don't think about it, I just do it.