Do you find it easyer to like strangers then your own family members ?

Iluv

Sometimes. I don't get along with my family 75% of the time. They cause me anxiety. I would a lot of the times rather have an awkward conversation with a stranger than an argument with my family.

WeirdyMcGee

Perhaps it could be easier to admire strangers over people you 'know well' because you can fantasize about a stranger and imagine how amazing they must be-- without knowing about their character flaws or their shady past.

Personally...
My family are nice people. I'm fortunate. Everyone has flaws but in general, they are good people.

Strangers are scarier because of the mystery element.
I don't trust either, though. haha

lilmutegirl

Sometimes I find it easier to talk to strangers than my family/friends/co-workers. I realized this because a friend/guy I dated. When I met him, I thought I'd never see him again, so I felt pretty comfortable talking to him. However, when we went on dates, I was much more reserved. He probably wondered what was wrong. We are friends now, and, though I don't think he knows about my social phobia, he'd probably describe me as shy.

Boby

hmm i don't know it's a bit like comparing apples with oranges.I kind of instinctively like my family even if my parents complain so much about my life in the end they are still nice people. With stranger you never know...

The Observer

hmm i don't know it's a bit like comparing apples with oranges.I kind of instinctively like my family even if my parents complain so much about my life in the end they are still nice people. With stranger you never know...

Yep 100% agree. I have a fear of them but its a kinda primal fear thing...I'm wary of them and dont trust strangers and under no circumstances could I ever like anyone more than my own.

Bo592

I find it hard to talk with my family because we are so different from each other. I feel like they all turn on me after my parents die and I don`t know why. I choose to not drank, but everyone else in my family dranks so many of them say they would be my friend if I drank with them.

Bo592

I Hate being a stranger is there any way I can not be a stranger to anyone. This is why I don`t feel the need to go out of my house.I mean why bother if there no chance I can meet someone I like The people are just not going to want to talk to me because I am a stranger.

montejocarlo

hmmm... i do. but not the kind that would make me choose them over my family. i think it's the comfort of anonymity and sense of common decency we expect from strangers that makes it click, not that we prefer them over our own family per se.

Last edited:

Feathers

You don't know strangers enough to have discovered the things that bother you about them.

Yup, I agree LOL
montejocarlo - good points too!!

So I can sometimes like strangers better :) or because I might have 'higher standards' for people I live with - I love and respect my family, but they have sometimes annoyed me very much lol!! Strangers are generally polite & friendly yup
And they don't expect much usually yup, family can have 'bigger expectations'...

Depends on the person too...

Bo592 it's great you don't drink!! Can you find some cool people who don't drink around you? Maybe in a club or organisation/non-profit? Maybe as volunteer? Or online, get to know them a bit before you meet up?