do you feel dead?

we_r_eternal

i feel dead as dead can be.. i have to check in with people sometimes to ask if im really here or not. im still not convinced..sometimes i'm unsure whether people can even see me at all..who knows if were all dead and just don't know it..maybe thats why people disappoint me so bad? cuz im not really there.

Feathers

hmm, have you been too much behind the computer? or just living without human contact and such?
depression or depersonalization can do weird things to people...

I think if you weren't there/here, people wouldn't disappoint you at all... But you are ALIVE, and you still care...
It's maybe good to readjust expectations or beliefs... Have you tried any CBT yet?
Are you on any meds? Some meds can have iffy side-effects...

Or maybe you need to eat some redcurrants? :) Or some other food that can make you feel more 'alive'? Like citrus/lemons or spicy food or such? Or go running/jogging...?

I sometimes needed to check myself in the mirror, to see if I was still alive/existed... lol It's been a while since that I guess... Maybe you could try if this works as well? Contact with people is great too, yeah, online or even better RL!!

Hope things get better!!

coyote

the bright side to feeling dead is that zombies are now all the rage

the walking dead are super popular people

relish your fifteen minutes of fame

just don't eat my brains

U

userremoved

I'm very much alive and I have to say it hurts. Try not to expect much from people. That may help.

fitftw

I hope to die in my sleep every night and am a little disappointed when I wake up in the morning.

The Observer

I dont have a reflection....Wait...it all makes sense now...It's no wonder I can't ever get those damn automatic doors to open! lmao.

Danfalc

Banned
Nope not dead, but I sometimes go through extended periods of feeling emotionally numb, I wasn't able to cry or laugh for years. Though having it all flood back has been pretty intense, years of built up emotion to deal with at once, things I never grieved over properly, anger over things I never knew I was angry at.

simpsons2007

No not dead.

Emotionally dead yes. I've not been able to cry for over 10yrs no matter how hard I try I just can't. Most of the time I feel like I'm in a nightmare I just can't wake up from.

mikebird

Banned
We have exactly the same outlook.

Typing on a keyboard for others to see is currently my main interaction.

I feel worthless

I am putting a lot of effort into getting employed, being kept behind a curtain of rejection, and it's been far tooo long

I can't make sense of it

I wish someone would tell me exactly what's wrong with me, and how I'm seen by people

MrJones

No, but I don't particularly feel like I'm properly living and making the best use of the gift of life at the moment.
I'm in the same situation. I know I could live so much better, but I do not ... I don't know what to do, anyway ::(:

Last edited:

MrJones

Don't worry, as soon as you feel better, all of this phase will just make you more determined to live life to the full.
I hope so, thank you :)

And with that attitude I'm sure you will start living your life and enjoying it the way you deserve :)

Tripolar

I wish! I believe in oblivion. How prefectly wonderful death will be. Absolutly nothing left of me.

But I do understand the feeling you mean and for the most I wish I could feel dead again for a little bit. I have this insane anger and its all I can feel anymore and a break from that would be nice.