do you feel dead?

LazyHermitCrab

not really but i feel like i'm watching a movie sometimes, because it's just been like this since so long, observing people without talking.. i just keep to myself and imagine what their thinking.. You might be depressed, not sure. Do you ever feel more "alive."? Like when youre in the sun or somewhere more comfortable i guess? When i'm out i appear i guess "dead" but if i'm a situation where it's more "comfortable" i'm more me. Good luck :)

upndwn

I don't wish I was dead, I'm just scared of living. I wish there was a third alternative.

B

Beatrice

Sometimes, yes. Other times, like when I'm driving with the windows down, beautiful night, music playing, I feel good for a while....

The lack of a social life is messing with my head. It's been well over a year now since I've interacted with peers and had fun...... I'm lonely and I feel it every day. I tried to make friends at community college but it just never happened the way I wanted it to ::(:

Thundercats

I usually go between feeling dead or feeling like i've got something to offer the world. I don't feel like either at the moment.

Minty

No, because I don't have depression. Just AvPD. Though, I can easily get depressed if forced to face my anxiety.

Had the dead feeling from the end of elementary school til Junior year in high school though. I know how it feels.

GhoulsNightOut

Yeah I haven't been feeling here lately. It's pretty eery because I don't feel human when I force myself to make eye contact with people (cashiers, strangers who greet me), but more like a creature observing them.
But what makes me feel the most dead is when I turn to things that used to make me feel better and they don't do it for me anymore: long walks, writing out my thoughts, music, art, cooking, even comedy....I'm always left wondering how and when the hell did all of this gradually become ineffective...?

Magicmuffin

I have had that despersonalization thing too! It feels bad :( but it has just happened a pair of times, when I was feeling really really anxious. People were looking at me, expectantly. That's scary