Do you ever wish you were someone else?

ShelbyModerateSP

Maybe not forever but maybe just for a day.
For some reason I always think about this. I tend to have a problem with making everyone's lives out to be better off then mine. I think I'd want to be someone else for two reasons:
one being that if they were in fact better I could get the experience of living a more confident, richer, happier life.
and
two being that if the person did have problems in their life I could possibly change my mindset and stop getting down on myself because I think everyone is better off then me.

Now don't get me wrong, I know there are people who have it worse off then me, but out of the people in my personal life I mean.

My social phobia just gives me such a negative outlook on things sometimes, I try so hard to be a "glass half full" kinda person, I would just like to experience being that person without having to try so hard.

Just a random thought I wanted to share with everyone...

Srijita52

I hear you. I've always wanted to be someone else. To be a naturally confident person just for once.

Lea

Banned
Yes yes yes definitely! I would be the first in the queue for trying that out. I think experiencing to be someone else would be better than a trip to the universe because every person is a universe. I personally feel like I don´t experience the life fully, as if some part of me was supressed or missing. So I´d like to experience what it is to have it all together :). And I strongly suspect I would be so shocked and amazed if I became the insight into the whole potential of people that I wouldn´t sleep the whole week.

ShelbyModerateSP

I like the variation in responses.
I think it might just be a natural occurance to want to view life from someone elses eyes... but being part of this community I feel like it's something we (at least I) think about more often. A lot of my friends are very content with who they are and where they are headed.
I'm just not.

Boby

No,I would not want to be someone else,I do have a lot of bad trait's that I hate and would like to see how is life without them but I have a lot of other trait's that I can't live without even for a few days.

ShelbyModerateSP

You bring up a good point both of you, i've never thought that if you were to become someone else that youd have to leave the good of your self behind. but at the same time to be born as someone else you wouldnt know the good.
idk it was just a thought, something I have always been curious about.

Gaucho

well yea... but not so much if I'm honest.

when i was young i always wished that in my next life i would be a brazilian football player, it had to be brazilian:)

MikeyC

I have always wanted to swap with my best friend. He has it all - money, an apartment, looks, confidence - and I don't. It would be nice to see him live as me for a little while to see how I operate.

However, I realise how unhealthy it is to wish I was someone else when all I have is myself.

ShelbyModerateSP

ahhh the concept of reincarnation.
I'm a believer too, my beliefs are so jacked though.

In my next life I wish to be a rich Victorian women.

WeirdyMcGee

Pretty much all the time.
One of the driving reasons I wanted to act since I was a child; so I could be a different person every day.

Srijita52

I have always wanted to swap with my best friend. He has it all - money, an apartment, looks, confidence - and I don't. It would be nice to see him live as me for a little while to see how I operate.

However, I realise how unhealthy it is to wish I was someone else when all I have is myself.
Same here.
I've always wanted to swap life with my friend too. She's the exact opposite of me. She's beautiful, confident, talented, popular..everyone's crazy for her haha.
But I agree with you, I am what I am, no matter what a big mess my life is, its all I have.

ShelbyModerateSP

Pretty much all the time.
One of the driving reasons I wanted to act since I was a child; so I could be a different person every day.

That's a concept i've never thought about.. It would be awesome to be an actor.

I like being me, I just wish parts of me were different.

me too and it's challenging because so much that I want to change seems to be in other peoples hands... and I hate it.

Gaucho

i many times think about how it would be to be a really talented guitarists, and play on the streets for a few bucks, damn that feeling must be awesome. and all the people stop to watch me and like what i play.

Shenmue

None of us are born equal and there are many reasons for wanting to change places with someone else. But unless it's health related, then no I rather work with what i've got. As Michaelangelo once said, “Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.” I just need my chisel sharpening and i'll be fine.