Do you ever wish you were someone else?

ShelbyModerateSP

None of us are born equal and there are many reasons for wanting to change places with someone else. But unless it's health related, then no I rather work with what i've got. As Michaelangelo once said, “Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.” I just need my chisel sharpening and i'll be fine.

That's an awesome way to look at it. I like that quote a lot. I'm in a really good mood today.

Richey

YES!!! all the time.

Not just someone else but also a completely different living environment and set of circumstances, different friends, family.

In my current world i feel completely trapped which wouldn't be the case in the ideal environment.

Richey

Pretty much all the time.
One of the driving reasons I wanted to act since I was a child; so I could be a different person every day.

Me too!! ::p:

Only i want to get into cartoon voices and voice impersonations, which i guess is on the same wavelength.

this_portrait

I don't wish I was someone else per se, but I do find myself wishing that my life was much more like someone else's. I'll keep my body, mind, and soul; just place them in a much different situation.

Kiwong

No I am happy being me. If I was born into another life and I couldn't run like I do I'd be devestated.

psych

I did as a teen... But, now that I'm older... I feel it's futile to cater to that kind of thinking, for myself anyways.
Besides, having to strive against so much loss and hardship is what has made me into who I am today.
I may not like specific things about myself... But, I do like myself as a whole. I'm a friggin' sweetheart! ::p: With a rather tough exterior. ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wish sometimes I wasn't me, I've never looked at someone else and thought to myself "I wish I was them" though. If I was a car it's not that I want a different kind of car, I just wish the parts would work more smoothly. A better version of me.

Srijita52

I did as a teen... But, now that I'm older... I feel it's futile to cater to that kind of thinking, for myself anyways.
Besides, having to strive against so much loss and hardship is what has made me into who I am today.
I may not like specific things about myself... But, I do like myself as a whole. I'm a friggin' sweetheart! ::p: With a rather tough exterior. ;)
^I love your thinking. :)

Bustn Justin

I would like to live someone else's life for a week so I can see if their life is better than mine. As well learn things from them that I can imcorporate in my life.

I don't really wish that I was someone else--I actually like who I am... well, not "like", really, more like appreciate, but I don't have the confidence to own who I am. If that makes sense. So recently I've been thinking about how nice it would be if I could just have like .01% each of a bunch of other people's confidence, so I wouldn't be taking a lot from them, but could pool it all together and have what I need. I know it's a weird idea... :p

Minty

There are a few people out there who are fascinating to me because they think and behave in a way that mystifies me and I want to understand their thought processes. So yeah, I'd like to step into their minds for a day or two to better understand how different people operate...but actually being them? No. I've never wanted to be anyone but myself. The real self that I keep stored and locked away, that I let no one see because I fear they'll judge me. That's who I want to let out because she's awesome.

MikeyC

So recently I've been thinking about how nice it would be if I could just have like .01% each of a bunch of other people's confidence, so I wouldn't be taking a lot from them, but could pool it all together and have what I need. I know it's a weird idea... :p
It's not a weird idea because I would totally want that, as well. :)

There are a few people out there who are fascinating to me because they think and behave in a way that mystifies me and I want to understand their thought processes. So yeah, I'd like to step into their minds for a day or two to better understand how different people operate...but actually being them? No. I've never wanted to be anyone but myself. The real self that I keep stored and locked away, that I let no one see because I fear they'll judge me. That's who I want to let out because she's awesome.
Hopefully you get to let her out. Knowing deep down that there's someone awesome in there will always give you hope and a confidence boost.

Hoppy

Someone else? Of course!

I've got a little wish list:
Ryan Gosling's body,
Tom Cruise's head,
Richard Feynman's mind,
Neil DeGrasse Tyson's stage presence
Pavarotti's singing voice,
Bill Gates's money and
Emma Stone's husband.

karp821

"I'm not like them, but I can pretend." -Kurt Cobain

We are just different for some reason. I do as some others have mentioned. I compare my personality, my life to others all the time. It never makes me happy. I am easily influenced by everyone. Social anxiety has made me vulnerable to picking up good and bad traits from the world/people around me. This is normal to an extent. For me, deciphering the difference between what is normal personality development and what is not has been a challange. Interesting topic. Thanks.