Do u feel like you don't know how to have fun ??

bitingthepea

I feel like my friends no how to have a good time when they are in a social situation. me on the other hand would rather not be there ! but i wish i knew what to say and how to have a laugh
Does anyone else feel the same ??

Nanita

Yeah sometimes I can´t have a good time at all when I´m with people.
And sometimes I can´t have a good time when I´m by myself.
Those are the times I´m just not seing any purpose in my life, no purpose in even have conversations and being alive.

bitingthepea

It's sad, i wish we could all know how to have fun :(
Do you have a job if u dont mind me asking :)
I have 2 small jobs but at each of those im the quitest thing ever! and ppl ask if im ok and then i cringe x

simpsons2007

To be honest I don't know what fun is anymore. It's been well over 20yrs since I had any I can't remember what fun is ment to be.

Darryl

If I stop and think about it, my reply would be "I don't know how to have fun"
But this is answer is made up by the way I feel at the moment.

Example:- Its quite, little background ground music,I'm on my own, lots of things to think about and theres no reason to feel excited.
So my opinion is formed by the here and now.

However, if your in a situation and you felt included or in control, the reply would be different.
Example b. loud music, fun, someone making you feel good what ever "floats your boat"
I don't think this question would come up and I don't think you would resist your emotions and would go with the flow.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

It's hard in the moment to LET GO. Things happen quickly, your own constant nagging thoughts are draining. And sometimes I just don't know things about what's being discussed. My minds slow. I've just gotten up sometimes feign a bathroom run to just take a breath and collect self that HAS helped. Nothings worse than dredding doing something that SHOULD be fun.

Phoenixx

I almost always feel like this when I'm with people, including friends. I guess you could say I'm naturally... uptight. I've never been able to just "let loose," have a good, free laugh, and just have a good time. I'm more comfortable in laid back situations rather than "crazy" ones.

Then again, it also depends on what you mean by "fun." Fun to me is playing video games, or choosing a night of movies or reading rather than going out to party. I know how to have fun, but only in my own ways. I can't normally conform to others' definitions of fun if it involves partying, outgoing and loud situations, etc.

Tripolar

I don't know how to have fun with others because I can't find other people who enjoy doing the same things that I enjoy and I avoid social events and therefore can't meet new people because I don't know how to interact with other people any more, I never really could to start with but there was a two year period when I was a teen and I actually made friends, bunch of misfits that we were, and I remember having some really great times but then I moved again. Anyway, I haven't really had a friend since then and I think that now after having fit in somewhere, if only briefly, it makes my isolation that much colder because I can remember the feeling of belonging and feeling awkward at a social event just reminds me that I will never feel that way again and then I usually end up crying and quite miserable when I get home. So I have learned to avoid that pain by avoiding what causes it. Its all very ironic in a depressing kind of way.

Last edited:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I almost always feel like this when I'm with people, including friends. I guess you could say I'm naturally... uptight. I've never been able to just "let loose," have a good, free laugh, and just have a good time. I'm more comfortable in laid back situations rather than "crazy" ones.

Then again, it also depends on what you mean by "fun." Fun to me is playing video games, or choosing a night of movies or reading rather than going out to party. I know how to have fun, but only in my own ways. I can't normally conform to others' definitions of fun if it involves partying, outgoing and loud situations, etc.

True yeah... some things just won't be as fun to you as would be to others. I'm similar. At TIMES, if the mood is right and right person or ppl, a concert or small party could be fun. But on the aggregate, for me yeah it's video games, movies, a nice meal, reading, smaller events. Tho going to Disneyland is fun too.

I can really relate to what all of you are saying. I was always very shy even during childhood. I did have a few friends and had at least some social interaction and fun. Then some traumatic things happened during my teens and turned my shyness into a full blown disorder. I'm doing better these days on the inside but I still find it very hard to find people and connect. It's like, I really want and need to have a couple of people in my life to do things with. I get really sick of being isolated and feeling lonely all the time. Drives me nuts. Even when I have found people though I never seem to be able to feel good with them because of the SAD. I'm always so different too. I'm kinda quirky and have vastly different interests from the locals. So when I'm with someone I'm not usually able to really show my true self because there's nothing in common. I end up doing what they want and am not happy. I'm just...there, but not. Does that make sense?

I have had some "almost fun" over the years with groups but it was very few and far between. At times I was able to push myself up on stage in front of people and sing karaoke. Even pushed myself to do a comedy act for a talent show. It just is so hard to generate enough strength to keep that kinda stuff going. Exhausting! I've tried to get and stay connected but I eventually drift away from everyone or they drift away from me. Then I'm back in the same place all over again. So in the end it all just collapses back in on me and I only feel comfortable when I'm by myself.

Sooo...fun? I think I could have it. It just needs to be with a kindred spirit. Not just any old somebody. Not just somebody who's just there.

caringsoul

Banned

^ that describes me ... i couldnt had said it any better.

Kiwong

I know what I enjoy, and how to enjoy myself. I don't put myself into social situations that I am uncomfortable with. I'm not sure that I need to connect.