Did it make u a movie/game/book expert?

WeirdyMcGee

Oh yeah~ I'm not interested in anything anymore though.
When I was in highschool I was an expert in all things movie and game related~ not so much now.
Now I don't care a whole lot. haha

HeadFace

I dont think my Social Phobia/anxiety made me into the geek I am today.. I think it was already in my interests. Of course my lack of social life probably amplified it...

AGR

It made me an mma expert since 2001 or 2002 I watched mma nonstop,sometimes boxing and kickboxing,posted on boards nonstop,I knew everybody on the premier organizations,now I stopped a little, only watch the most important fights.

Last edited:

upndwn

I have spent way to much time reading roleplaying books and hanging out on roleplaying forums, even though I rarely get to play these days. I could probably write roleplaying books for a living if I put my mind to it, but I have no interest in letting a hobby turn into a profession. To me that looses the point of it being a hobby in the first place. I have a tendency to obsess about things that interests me. Seeing that I have been living on welfare the last two years I have been watching a lot of TV shows and Movies. Being bipolar means that I easily get overexcited when I have my manic periods, but in the down periods I feel burnt out and have no energy or inspiration to do anything.

decadeOfSA

Yeah, pretty much, but I've always been a bookworm. It has made me play too many video games, that's for sure. I do a lot of productive stuff on my computer. There's lots of things you can do with a computer. Learn how to program or web and graphics design, etc. One of the reasons I majored in Computer Science is to work at home.

I mainly listen to tv, movies, etc why doing something productive on my computer. I would rather be doing something outside home though. You can still do something worthwhile and productive. You have to be willing to try to learn new things vs. just reading books, playing video games, watching tv.

MrJones

Expert? Absolutely not.

I can be pretty good at some games, but only because I practice a lot :p

I have lost interest in videogames recently, not sure why, and even more in movies. I used to enjoy the classics...

I'm lucky I still have music, I love it. I'm not an expert and I'm awful with any instrument I tried to play, but I'm very curious and sometimes I let out random facts about music, which makes people think I'm some kind of a music expert. But I'm definetely not.

It helped me to become closer to the world of what I really want.

And yes, it also helped me to be a computer freak, surfing computer everyday, people to tell me ''you're a typing machine'' and ''waste too much time on web''
It sure helped me to get closer to the subject of computing. I'm going to school and follow classes about this subject, I just love it.

Moviefreak? Well, I wouldn't say I'm a huge moviefreak, but I am a true movie fan. I check out trailers and the new releases a lot. I love going to the movies, too actually.

Bookwurm? Oh yea. I can read several books a week, i love to read it takes me to another world and make me live a billion of life's

Game expert? No. I am not, really. I do love to learn about game graphics and would love to work on that, one day, just see if I can.
But I'm not an expert, not a daily player also. I do play some games online, but not the real game section.
I do love some classics though. I still love pokemon,lol and Final fantasy is an amazing story and i always loved to play zelda and mario.

Last edited:

Summoning

I dont think my Social Phobia/anxiety made me into the geek I am today.. I think it was already in my interests. Of course my lack of social life probably amplified it...

Yeah, this says it all. I'm pretty good at Counter-Strike though : P

chaz08

yes!! but thank god I don't have that passion for MMOs and online gaming.....I've seen what it can do to ppl and it's horrible