Cutting?

Have you ever cut?

• Yeah, and I still do

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Yeah but I quit. Maybe the occasional rubber band.

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • No, why would anyone do that to themselves!

Votes: 57 53.3%
  • No, but I do/did other Self Harm (i.e. burning)

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
To vj:

Really? I didn't have to search. There's a function that, if you scroll from here to the bottom of your screen, it shows the most similar thread titles. :)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I used to be addicted to cutting, now it is limited only to when I am feeling particularly hopeless.

Yeah, it used to be bad for me too. I get the urge real bad whenever I make a big mistake, the anxiety afterwards is almost unbearable.

LadyWench

I've tried, but I'm too much of a p*ssy. I guess most people would consider that a good thing, but I just felt like it was another thing I fail at. There have been many times where I just wished I could do it. My boyfriend used to be a really bad cutter, though. He doesn't do it anymore, thankfully. He has scars all over his arms and legs from it. Pretty deep ones. That was years ago, though.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've tried, but I'm too much of a p*ssy. I guess most people would consider that a good thing, but I just felt like it was another thing I fail at. There have been many times where I just wished I could do it. My boyfriend used to be a really bad cutter, though. He doesn't do it anymore, thankfully. He has scars all over his arms and legs from it. Pretty deep ones. That was years ago, though.

The idea of cutting and actually cutting are two very different things. If you can't that's great. Cutting didn't feel like I thought it would at all. I don't even remember why I did it the first time, but I do know why I kept doing it.::(:

LadyWench

The idea of cutting and actually cutting are two very different things. If you can't that's great. Cutting didn't feel like I thought it would at all. I don't even remember why I did it the first time, but I do know why I kept doing it.::(:

Oh, I know. That's why I didn't vote on the poll, because I've never actually gone through with it. I've wanted to, but I just didn't. I was too scared, I guess. I'm sorry that you've had to deal with it. Even though I haven't gone through with it, I can still kind of relate to the feelings of WHY people do it...I think.

sanitariumcalls

Cutting, scratching, rubber band abuse, head banging (walls mostly)... used to do it all...

Most gratefully, I do not have many visible scars to remind myself or others of my previous habits...

Although doctors have told me the head banging did slight damage. Although I maintain its my natural hair color that makes the DUR? moments I have.

agoraphobickatie

i've never cut myself intentionally.. i did do some burning though, but it wasn't for 'self harm' or anything, it just looks really cool! haha.. kind of like getting tattoos i guess, that could be considered self harm, i've done that four times lol