Cooking

singing-love

Hi everyone
i was wondering if anyone else on here loves too cook?
I have seen threads for creative writing, gaming, etc. but not this.
I love too cook mainly baking it is when i feel most ease.
So anyone else a cooker??? :bigsmile:

jaim38

I cook meals for dinner. Usually cook vegetables with pre-sliced meat. Sometimes I bake pizza, fries and biscuits.

Rawz

I like cooking. I don't know how to make tons of things, but I keep learning new things.

Yes!:) I find cooking cakes and cookies very relaxing! :thumbup:

I don't like cooking meals though, I find that stressful, lol :eek:h:

Yes.

Anything, really.

I used to love baking but I've cleaned up my diet in the past year and I find that when I bake it's hard to stop myself from eating more of what I baked than I should. It's too tempting because I LOVE baked goods, so I don't make them as much. I prefer to stick to learning new healthy recipes involving lots of veggies (although that's not the ONLY thing I cook, not by any means).

What is your favorite food/meal to cook?

singing-love

I used to love baking but I've cleaned up my diet in the past year and I find that when I bake it's hard to stop myself from eating more of what I baked than I should. It's too tempting because I LOVE baked goods, so I don't make them as much. I prefer to stick to learning new healthy recipes involving lots of veggies (although that's not the ONLY thing I cook, not by any means).

What is your favorite food/meal to cook?

I love to cook lasagne (fave food lol) but im trying too cook a little healthier, it doesn't help that everyone else in the house wants me to bake for them lol

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I love to cook too. But I suck at baking sweets - need to work more on it.
Same here. Baking is definitely harder than normal cooking for me. I'm not used to measuring anything, or adjusting cooking times because my oven is different than whomever made the recipe--stuff like that.

I finally tried baking recently, with mixed results.

Silatuyok

I enjoy cooking. I started learning a few years ago when I started a garden and had to figure out what to do with all the food I was growing. I cook a lot of soups, especially at this time of year. Baking is my favorite, but, like Opaline, I am trying to avoid eating sweets so I haven't been baking nearly as much.

I enjoy cooking. I started learning a few years ago when I started a garden and had to figure out what to do with all the food I was growing. I cook a lot of soups, especially at this time of year. Baking is my favorite, but, like Opaline, I am trying to avoid eating sweets so I haven't been baking nearly as much.

Lately I've been wishing I had the ingredients to make a really good soup. There's a non-French onion soup I might try out of desperation :p

May... may I have a bowl of your soup, Marie? :shyness:

Phoenixx

I absolutely love cooking, always have. Baking is fun too, but I don't do a lot of that these days. My mom taught me the basics growing up, as far as making stuff from scratch goes, but a lot of what I know is from teaching myself and just trying new things. I also went to a tech school my last two years of high school and took culinary arts. That was pretty fun.

Silatuyok

Lately I've been wishing I had the ingredients to make a really good soup. There's a non-French onion soup I might try out of desperation :p

May... may I have a bowl of your soup, Marie? :shyness:

Absolutely!
Soups are pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. I always start with sauteed onions, add some stock, and then toss in just about anything else that sounds good. If I want a cream soup then I put in as many veggies as will fit under the surface of the stock, boil it, mash it with a potato masher, and add a cup of cream. Voila. Potato leek is a favorite in my house.
I don't like french onion soup, but I think a non-french onion soup sounds tasty!