Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

Do you feel there is a light at the end of your tunnel?

• Yes

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I've reached it

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moo

You saw the light. It's still there.
And if you don't give up and keep moving forward, even if it's very slowly, you will finally reach it :)

It's hard though, a lot of the time it feels like more effort than it's worth to try and change.
Thanks for the positive words though, I'll keep trying. :D

zlench

If you try I'm sure that there will be light at the end of the tunnel else nothing all ever change in your life.

simpsons2007

I think there is light light at the end of the tunnel. You just got to make sure your heading in the right direction to find it.

Prestonator

I feel like you on this one.

Why do you both feel like this? I asked this question in the first place to see just how many people are thinking in a positive manner.....i think there will only be a light at the end of the tunnel if you believe there will be and if you believe you can get there.

I personally think I can, i think i may already be half way there!

Prestonator

I think there is, it is hard to find but.... I know there is light in the tunnel.
I've seen light in the presence, I'm making progress, I've maintainéd friendships, I'm working to get back in college, tho i was hiding myself for 3 years.... Being afraid of going outside.. even outside the door.

Now I go, to busy places, crowds, and in the past I could not even enter.
I would not even dare to step inside a situation of too many ppl.
Now I DON'T WANNA MISS IT. It's a hell if you cannot get yourself out there and feel helpless of thinking you cannot do it, because you feel so afraid.

The truth is, if you face your fear. You can cope with it. The hardest task... Is facing it. Because it is the exact scenario you'd rather not experience.
But at the same time, people are fighting for experiences.
So if you see all the other people having fun, and making friends and having a career or a relationship, you feel lonely and bored.

I felt this way, for years. Now it's time for a change, and still I'm doomed to be so anxious and fearful, but I build the strenght to face it whatever teh crap i feel, still i run away from situations, but I just want to be there for just a moment. To ''experience'' it. To see that it's not killing me.
My body-mind always is ready for danger, flight mode, afraid of situations.
But I'm tired of living this way, so I'll be kicking myself into a cage of lions and go to school again (one of my biggest fears, being around so many people, having lunch in the cantene,talking to people,presentations... Yup. I will scare myself like crazy and p*ss my pants, but I don't wanna miss so many stuff.

We just need to climb that tunnel ourselfes, the light won't find you, you have to find it. :)

I think this a very inspirational quote Saskia and agree. I do find it hard sometimes, like its easy to fall back into my old ways even though i know i really dont want to go there

N0D

Banned
the only light at the end of the tunnel is that one day I'll die and won't have to worry about people making me anxious.

Hey Light

Maybe, I just don't know. If there is, I don't think I'm going to reach it any time in the near future. There's no use in saying there is no hope ever, because I really don't know could happen.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Re: Hey Light

Maybe, I just don't know. If there is, I don't think I'm going to reach it any time in the near future. There's no use in saying there is no hope ever, because I really don't know could happen.

You're myy light at the end of the tunnel...

Hmm that's a good line. :D

I think the lights sort of like a dream for me, something I hope for but don't live thinking about. My eyes have grown accustomed to the dark. I can live in the dark, for now

WeirdyMcGee

nahh...
The end of my tunnel must've been bricked up to prevent the poison gas from escaping and killing all of the civilians. It was a smart decision.

MrJones

For the people who can't see the light:

Don't you know that we are all in the same exact tunnel?
If you don't see the light is because you fell to the floor or you are just backwards. You will not reach the light if you're sitting on the ground waiting for someone to carry you.
So get up, look for the light, you'll see it it's in front of you!

Ready? RUN!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

For the people who can't see the light:

Don't you know that we are all in the same exact tunnel?
If you don't see the light is because you fell to the floor or you are just backwards. You will not reach the light if you're sitting on the ground waiting for someone to carry you.
So get up, look for the light, you'll see it it's in front of you!

Ready? RUN!

I agree, however, sometimes you do need someone on their way out to help you off your butt. We don't all need to go out of the tunnel alone - but we have to look at the light and head towards it ourselves.

MrJones

I agree, however, sometimes you do need someone on their way out to help you off your butt. We don't all need to go out of the tunnel alone - but we have to look at the light and head towards it ourselves.
Sure, we are all in the tunnel, we have to help each other.
But some people are waiting for someone else to do all the job. And that, in my opinion, is not possible...

MrJones

Two people said that they have already reached the light.
Can you explain, whoever you are? ::p:
I want to learn.

coyote

i can see the light at the end of the tunnel

it continues to grow brighter all the time

i assume it's an oncoming train

anxiety1408

Yup, and I'll get there. The only thing that keeps me going, is that I KNOW there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Not just social anxiety but something that is affecting me more than that in my life right now! But I Know its going to better and I look forward to that day

megalon

I know it's there. I could see it clearly a few years ago, but lately it's getting farther away.