Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

Do you feel there is a light at the end of your tunnel?

• Yes

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I've reached it

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrJones

I haven't reached it yet, but I'm sure there is a light at the end and I'm sure too that some day I will reach it. Anyone with me?

Kiwong

There will be both light and dark in my future. That is the nature of life. I've seen plenty of light this last three years.

Rot

I see the light at the end of the tunnel, despite it's very far. The more I walk, the more it moves away. But even if it's unreachable, at least it works to keep walking.

upndwn

Considering that 97% of my 33 years on this earth has been hardship, pain, sorrow and boredom, not really.

NihilSlayer

Considering that 97% of my 33 years on this earth has been hardship, pain, sorrow and boredom, not really.

I think boredom is the most corrosive of the above mentioned foes. I am so tired of lukewarm, petty emotions and mundane happenings. I would rather be truly numb, or full of grandiose sufferings-- at least then one feels alive (although periodic breaks are needed to maintain the mind intact)... Instead it's like being a pot roast in a crockpot-- the slow burn is more tormenting than just being thrown on the hot coals. Maintaining that delicate balance between being a "functional human" and going over the edge is such a tedious affair.

carecrab

everybody dies alone, but at least we live together.

At this moment i feel that i'm just here on this earth wasting everybody's recourses and that it's better without me, but on the other side i feel like there is some kind of use for me in this society.

upndwn

If only I felt like I contributed to the world i any useful manner, but for too long I have been shackled by my insecurity and suffering.

For now it feels like I take more than I give, and what people are saying behind my back isn't helping. Many people just think of me as that lazy loser without a job or family or any productive assets in life.

Now, I don't blame them for being judgmental, it's not like I don't have my own prejudices. But these convictions helps cement me even further into the self-loathing that I've flagelatted myself with these last years.

I think there is, it is hard to find but.... I know there is light in the tunnel.
I've seen light in the presence, I'm making progress, I've maintainéd friendships, I'm working to get back in college, tho i was hiding myself for 3 years.... Being afraid of going outside.. even outside the door.

Now I go, to busy places, crowds, and in the past I could not even enter.
I would not even dare to step inside a situation of too many ppl.
Now I DON'T WANNA MISS IT. It's a hell if you cannot get yourself out there and feel helpless of thinking you cannot do it, because you feel so afraid.

The truth is, if you face your fear. You can cope with it. The hardest task... Is facing it. Because it is the exact scenario you'd rather not experience.
But at the same time, people are fighting for experiences.
So if you see all the other people having fun, and making friends and having a career or a relationship, you feel lonely and bored.

I felt this way, for years. Now it's time for a change, and still I'm doomed to be so anxious and fearful, but I build the strenght to face it whatever teh crap i feel, still i run away from situations, but I just want to be there for just a moment. To ''experience'' it. To see that it's not killing me.
My body-mind always is ready for danger, flight mode, afraid of situations.
But I'm tired of living this way, so I'll be kicking myself into a cage of lions and go to school again (one of my biggest fears, being around so many people, having lunch in the cantene,talking to people,presentations... Yup. I will scare myself like crazy and p*ss my pants, but I don't wanna miss so many stuff.

We just need to climb that tunnel ourselfes, the light won't find you, you have to find it. :)

U

userremoved

It's hard to say. I can't predict the future. Today I could finally start my new life, or I could get in a fiery car accident and die before the sun sets. I guess thats what makes life exciting.

Moo

Well I can't see it right now. I feel like I've been going backwards recently. I've made progress in the past but can't really find the strength to keep going.

I can never see myself being totally at ease which is why I always feel like giving up. I'd rather slip further backwards than try extremely hard only to wind up a fraction better off than before.

I don't know if any of that made sense but it's how I feel. Suppose I should probably change my outlook!

MrJones

Well I can't see it right now. I feel like I've been going backwards recently. I've made progress in the past but can't really find the strength to keep going.

I can never see myself being totally at ease which is why I always feel like giving up. I'd rather slip further backwards than try extremely hard only to wind up a fraction better off than before.

I don't know if any of that made sense but it's how I feel. Suppose I should probably change my outlook!
You saw the light. It's still there.
And if you don't give up and keep moving forward, even if it's very slowly, you will finally reach it :)

Rembrandt Broam

I'm not really looking for a light at the end of the tunnel. As long as my eyes are well enough adjusted to the gloom, I'll happily settle for stumbling my way along it.

shybutsexy

Not really no, i just live because i have to, i cant kill myself cause that would really hurt my parents and i couldnt do that to them. But no, no light, nothing for me to hope from this life.

I want to say ''yes'', and given that if it were all up to progress and upholding the process to the progress, then it would be ''yes''. But to me some people are so darn toxic that whenever I'm doing fine, they drag me right back down again.

It feels a lot like climbing up a steep hill made out of loose sand.