Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

Do you feel there is a light at the end of your tunnel?

• Yes

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I've reached it

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megalon

Metallica - No Leaf Clover

And it feels right this time
On his crash course with the big time
Paid no mind to the distant thunder
Today filled his head with wonder... boy

Says it feels right this time
Turn around and found the light lime
Good day to be alive... sir
Good day to be alive he said

Then it comes to be that the soothing light
At the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train comin your way

Don't it feel right like this
All the pieces fall to his wish
Sucker for that quick reward... boy
Sucker for that quick reward they said

It's comin' your way
It's comin your way
It comes!

Then it comes to be... yeah

da_illest101

I found that light at the end of the tunnel. it lead me to an open space with more tunnels but i'm taking one tunnel at the time

Prestonator

I found that light at the end of the tunnel. it lead me to an open space with more tunnels but i'm taking one tunnel at the time

Yeah i think this might be the same for me actually. Although i'm not sure I have quite reached the light at the end of the first tunnel.

shybutsexy

For the people who can't see the light:

Don't you know that we are all in the same exact tunnel?
If you don't see the light is because you fell to the floor or you are just backwards. You will not reach the light if you're sitting on the ground waiting for someone to carry you.
So get up, look for the light, you'll see it it's in front of you!

Ready? RUN!

Im sorry man, i have looked for it but i really cant see the ligth anywhere no matter if stand up or run or do watever. Im not sure if we are all in the exact same tunnel but if theres someone who is in my tunnel please do tell me how to find the ligth. By my tunnel i mean no friends, no gf, and everyone in college hates me and even a lot of members in my family ignores me and dont wanna talk to me, i mean like wtf man theres really nothing i can do to improve my situation, i cant believe im hated by everyone.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
i can see the light at the end of the tunnel

it continues to grow brighter all the time

i assume it's an oncoming train

Lol I was reading all the posts thinking how is it possible that nobody is talking about the train?!?!

There it is.

Hastings & Main

Yes! Finally, I do.

Mainly through this site I've realized how to see what I do wrong and how to catch it as it happens (instead of after, when it's too late) and teaching myself how to get out of this. Maybe not the best way, as I've yet had time to research & employ other methods talked about on the site, but it seems to be working and I am opening up, correcting my faults, and chipping away at my cynicism which is nothing but a giant roadblock... even if I am a really, really good cynic (It's fun, but ultimately like a rock tied to your ankle in a lake).
I'd go into my own way of dealing with it, but I hate giving unsolicited advice/tips, and it'd be long in explanation for something simple.

Many of us are in different 'tunnels', but it's all under the same mountain.

Starchild

I voted maybe.

Sometimes I can see it, but I have both good days and bad days. Days where I feel depressed and like there's no hope at all, and days where I do think there's lots of hope, and I definitely can see myself as a happy and functioning member or society. I can see myself going to school, having a job, having my own apartment, paying bills, driving a car, having friends, going to parties. I can see it, and I know what I can do to get there.

It's just that things don't always work out, and in my case, for some reason, things rarely work out. It seems like the moment I actually think about it and picture the scenario in my head, it ends up being impossible to achieve.

So, I think there is hope. I can definitely picture myself better. I just don't know when or how I'll get there.

JosephG

I answered maybe - but I believe there is a light. I think sometimes you've just gotta hold on to hope - especially when it's the only thing you've got left. Every new day is completely different from the last (no matter how routine your life may be) and you never know what a new day might bring. That's what gives me my hope.

Man on the Moon

Of course. I do feel like I am making progress. Every day I make an effort to understand myself a little more. Ideally I want to be comfortable being myself in every situation. I know it will take years and hardships until I can overcome my insecurities, but hey at least I have something to work on.

Prestonator

The light is metaphorically the feeling of making progress to recover, and seeing that there will be an end, whether it be SA, depression, eating disorder or anything else that people are trying to deal with.