Can a man be ''love shy'' technically if he is only this way with ONE girl?

TooShyShy

If he has had girlfriends, sex, etc. but just can't get his sh*t together around you; stares alot, completely shy, anxious, scared..is that possible for someone who is truly love-shy??? I assumed love-shyness is an inability to be with ALL WOMEN you find attractive or think of in a romantic/sexual way?????

Can you be chronically shy around ONE GIRL ONLY :confused: but able to have had love/sex relationships with other women?

Krista

Sounds like he's greatly attracted to this person in more ways than one. If this girl is indeed the only one he does this with then it's probably because he sees her as much more than just a girlfriend, sex or someone to have a casual relationship with. I agree, sounds like he feels she might be the one and therefore this causes more panic.

TooShyShy

this is what i am being told by some especially men, that maybe he has me on a pedastal or something..its scarier to very shy, anxious guys when it means more..especially if they don't think they are good enough.

Waybuloo

I suppose yes. Love shyness I'd imagine relates to a sense of inferiority or unworthiness in the realm of sex love and relationships. He may well feel adequate being with these other women but find himself feeling more inadequate with this one girl due to her being more unobtainable in his eyes. So in this case this guy has a higher threshold for feeling love shy.

From what you posted on the other thread, it seems that you don't know this guy so well.... do you know for sure that he's had relationships with other girls? / Acts normal around them?

TooShyShy

Well, its only what i've heard...it doesn't seem that for a man his age there's been many women though..he just seems wayyyy to nervous around me for that, i've only heard of one relationship and that i was told did not work out last year.

But he is still staring ALOT from afar..and watches me when he thinks i don't see him doing it, even now..it hasn't stopped!

TooShyShy

Saw him this week (after being apart for weeks due to vacations) he was very nervous..i notice he wears his glasses around me now..he use to pull them off when i walked by or towards him..lol..now he keeps them on but WON'T LOOK AT ME CLOSE UP :( WHY??????
Grrrrrrr he just keeps looking away or down alot when i had to speak with him (work related i had to go to him) and i tried to keep my distance otherwise so he wouldn't be so uncomfortable..but i did catch him staring when i walked by a few times..he always has his head down and tried to look busy until i walk away or passed him.

I just wish he wasn't SO fearful and jittery when i am around..it just makes no sense, why stare if you are scared? The further away i get from him, the more he stops (what he's doing) and looks sometimes for a looooooong time!

Last edited:
*sigh* approach him already... tell him "wanna ****?" lol... sorry I don't have the best advice on how to do it, but DO IT! Please.... ;) Sorry, but it's the only way... you have to take the initiative because he most certainly wont.

Kiwong

Be careful you are not trying to explain away the behaviour of a guy YOU are really interested in. Creating romantic stories that you must mean more to him than any other woman are nice, but you need to find out what the reality is. Sounds like you have a crush on him, that's the only thing that is certain.

Last edited:

Mr.Moon

Sometimes the more interested someone is in a person the more shy they can get around said person. At least that's my take.

drumev

EasySkankin2 said:
*sigh* approach him already... tell him "wanna ****?" lol...

:eek: That would freak him out completely, I don't recommend it. ::p:

But I do agree you need to talk to him, atleast find out how he feels for you.