Birthdays...

I've Always dreaded them!! Everyone you know sitting in one room eating cake and watching you open your presents.. ekk *Panic Attack alert!!*
how about you guys?

WeirdyMcGee

haha~
Well, I've never had a birthday party.
I tried a few times as a kid, but no one would ever show up.
So, I don't have to worry about anyone watching me opening gifts (since I don't ask for any) or eating cake because it tends to just be my mom, my brother and I.

Sometimes, my sister will take me out to dinner since our birthdays are so close. Hers is the day after mine.
Then it's just us.
...so, no nervousness for me on my birthday.
It's just another day.
A day with some cake... which isn't really special, considering I bake cakes all the time. haha

Deus_Ex_Lemur

mine was in july

you can still get me a gift if you want

I'll give you my gratitude and well wishes! I'll even wrap them up! ::p::

I was never too self-conscious as a kid. Older yeah... but don't unwrap many gifts these days formally. Still - Bdays always dred as well. I def. prefer celebrating others than my own.

pinata

I've been thinking about this a bit lately actually. I used to love birthdays. I didn't really get any presents from my friends but I loved people saying happy birthday to me. But these past three years I have really dreaded them because it's not ok to stay in a watch a film anymore. Not for me anyway. It's my 21st this year and I want to go out but I don't think I'll enjoy it. My most recent birthdays have been disasters. It's all been about what my friends want to do, not what I want. I wanted to do Harry Potter fancy dress last year but my friends couldn't be bothered to get anything for a costume. They also invited some people out who I don't like. I don't think anyone will show up this year when I organise something, only 2 people came out with me these past two years. It's just a reminder of how unpopular I am.

HeadFace

Wait, why does everyone dread them?
Noone ever remembers, so I'm good. Hell sometimes I dont even remember till like halfway through the day.
Nothing really special. Cake sometimes. Other than that, nothing really.

lilmutegirl

I am dreading and looking forward to my next b-day (it will be my 30th in March). Dreading it because I have not accomplished as much as I wanted by 30, but looking forward to it because I hope to have a good day (my plan is to do some sort of spa day with some friends). I was also thinking of mentioning to my bf that I have never had a surprise party, in hopes that he would throw me one. That may sound insane for someone with SA, but as long everyone is somebody close to me and it's not too big, I think I'd be okay. :D

Rembrandt Broam

I've Always dreaded them!! Everyone you know sitting in one room eating cake and watching you open your presents.. ekk *Panic Attack alert!!*
how about you guys?

Hmm. Sitting in a room eating cake, you say? I like the sound of that.

Take away all those other people, and just leave me the cake and the presents, and we have ourselves an ideal birthday celebration. :cool: :D

MrJones

I did have little parties with my classmates as a very little kid made by my partens, like all the other kids in the class. In the early teens (maybe until 14) I made little parties with a few (3-5 people? I don't remember) classmates (not that I could say friends, but you know), then a couple of years only with cake, with no one except my parents and my sister.

Since then i'ts been the same: my parents say happy birthday as soon as they see me and my sister when my mother reminds her to do so. At night, I receive the calls from my remaining grandparents if they don't forget.

I can't say it's a problem, it all became better with years.

And anyway the cake is a lie.

Phoenixx

I've only had a couple birthdays where I actually had people sit around eating cake and watch me open presents. That was back when I was a kid, and I enjoyed every moment. ::p:

Now though... I really don't think I'd enjoy it at all. I prefer quiet birthdays. When people just tell me "Happy Birthday" and then continue on their merry little way. Or when someone gives me a gift, but doesn't expect me to open it right then and there.

(My birthday was April 30. Gifts are still welcome.)

MaliceInWickedland

^ I'm pretty much the same as Phoenixx when it comes to birthdays.

I used to have parties and all that stuff when I was little but as I grew older Birthdays just seem to have lost their value to me and since then I haven't really seen any point in celebrating them like I used to. Age is just a number to me and I believe that you're as old as you feel you are so Birthdays are just mehh to me. The thought that I'll be turning 18 next month and legally be considered an adult is sort of bugging me, especially knowing how much I wasted my teenage years on being anxious and not allowing myself to have as much fun as I could have.

Phoenixx

The thought that I'll be turning 18 next month and legally be considered an adult is sort of bugging me, especially knowing how much I wasted my teenage years on being anxious and not allowing myself to have as much fun as I could have.
^ I thought the exact same thing before my 18th birthday (Which was in April). But honestly, I don't feel any different, haha. I do find it weird I'm considered an "adult" now because I certainly don't feel like one (I still feel like a kid). I do find myself sometimes dawning on the fact that I wasted pretty much most of my teenage years, but I'm sick of thinking back on it really. Now I'm just thinking, "So what?" It sucks I wasn't a "normal" teenager, but not all of it was bad. Plus we have all those years ahead to make up for it.

Holy crap I'm thinking positively for once today. I'm amazed. :D

IGotSeoul

The thought that I'll be turning 18 next month and legally be considered an adult is sort of bugging me, especially knowing how much I wasted my teenage years on being anxious and not allowing myself to have as much fun as I could have.

18 passed and I felt the same. 20 was a complete mental derp for me (which speaks for why I joined this site 2 days after my 20th birthday).

which is silly. age is a number, why is it affecting me so badly?

Some of you know i'm fond of cake, yet i haven't had a birthday party since i was 12, maybe just family gatherings.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

18 passed and I felt the same. 20 was a complete mental derp for me (which speaks for why I joined this site 2 days after my 20th birthday).

which is silly. age is a number, why is it affecting me so badly?

aww~ haha
16, 18, 20 and the years following haven't felt like much of a change for me at all. I often forget how old I am and have to think for several minutes before I remember; "oh, right! I'm 23..."

I was 'carded' to go in and see a movie a couple years ago.
Can't remember what movie it was but I guess it was 18A or restricted or something...
And he asked me how old I was and I had to stop and think... then I said "20." and he didn't believe me, so I had to pull out my driver's license AND photo health card to prove I was actually 20.
Some 15 year old girls got in without being ID'd.
XD
anyway.. age... time... years passing and such... I don't really notice.
What I do notice is my lack of accomplishments, compared to my peers.
That is what bothers me.

MaliceInWickedland

^ I thought the exact same thing before my 18th birthday (Which was in April). But honestly, I don't feel any different, haha. I do find it weird I'm considered an "adult" now because I certainly don't feel like one (I still feel like a kid). I do find myself sometimes dawning on the fact that I wasted pretty much most of my teenage years, but I'm sick of thinking back on it really. Now I'm just thinking, "So what?" It sucks I wasn't a "normal" teenager, but not all of it was bad. Plus we have all those years ahead to make up for it.

Holy crap I'm thinking positively for once today. I'm amazed. :D

Very true. Happy *extremely* belated Birthday by the way :D ::p:

*Applauds you* Yay! That's great! :)
I, on the other hand, really need to work on that.

Phoenixx

Very true. Happy *extremely* belated Birthday by the way :D ::p:

*Applauds you* Yay! That's great! :)
I, on the other hand, really need to work on that.
^ Aw, thank you! :D Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be thinking those same thoughts soon enough. It takes a bit of work, but you can get there, I'm sure of it. :]