Birthdays...

IGotSeoul

aww~ haha
16, 18, 20 and the years following haven't felt like much of a change for me at all. I often forget how old I am and have to think for several minutes before I remember; "oh, right! I'm 23..."

I was 'carded' to go in and see a movie a couple years ago.
Can't remember what movie it was but I guess it was 18A or restricted or something...
And he asked me how old I was and I had to stop and think... then I said "20." and he didn't believe me, so I had to pull out my driver's license AND photo health card to prove I was actually 20.
Some 15 year old girls got in without being ID'd.
XD
anyway.. age... time... years passing and such... I don't really notice.
What I do notice is my lack of accomplishments, compared to my peers.
That is what bothers me.

I agree entirely with that last bit. I see my peers and people younger than me accomplishing so much, I feel I should at least be up to par. All of us are exceedingly capable of doing whatever we so desire, it's just a matter of actually doing it and not being impeded.

age, to me, may be an illustration of how much I'm failing to succeed.

Chaotik

Oh, today is my 21th birthday.
I don't like celebrate my birthday because i'm uncomfortable being in the center of attention. But I almost forced to have a mini-party with my family with cake and present.
Not to receive unwanted greetings I delete my date of birthday from facebook, and it worked, in this moment I haven't received greetings yet. :D

Glitch

Normally I would look forward to my birthday.. I don't know if it's considered weird but I don't mind celebrating by myself. I don't like the thought of getting older but I don't want to spend a day moping about it. I might as well use it as an excuse to do something fun/nice for myself. I'm not really into big parties so I either do something by myself or with 1-3 people. The only downside is that I worry if the other people are having fun, I wouldn't want them to be bored.. And when it comes to presents I almost wish that no one would give me any. I'm not exactly sure why but I always feel like crying when I open presents, it's reallyyy embarrassing. I guess because I have trouble pretending that I like a gift when I really don't or I feel like I don't deserve to get anything.. Also It's really hard for me to say thank you and to show my appreciation.

MrJones

I don't like celebrate my birthday because i'm uncomfortable being in the center of attention. But I almost forced to have a mini-party with my family with cake and present.
Not to receive unwanted greetings I delete my date of birthday from facebook, and it worked, in this moment I haven't received greetings yet. :D
I hope you don't mind to receive one unwanted greeting...

Happy birthday! :D

Chaotik

Thanks MrJones! :)
The unwanted greetengs it's for the people don't watch you if you meet in the streets, and after wish you happy birthday. I hate this thing and I find these people insinceres and lyers

Dead_on_Arrival

Well that being said I'm not going to say

Happy Birthday.......

OK.....

Panther

yeah im dreading my next birthday in a couple of months, as ive always been looking forward to this particular birthday because ill be 18 so i was thinking of the fun i could have and after looking forward to it for so long it turns out ill most likely be doing nothing, which is frustrating