Being Single vs Being In A Relationship

lily

i don't know if i'd like to be married as i like privacy too but i like enjoying togetherness in many ways but having like a friend/boyfriend seems like a good fit.

lily

relationships can be fun or it can be a drag. i'd only choose the former, not the latter. i'd like to find that.

grapevine

I guess everyone has different reasons for what they want in a relationship - usually the things that attract them to a person are the things that they lack in their own lives. For me im always attracted to a person with security, social skills, good self-esteem and values that I hold.

The thing is in a relationship its nice to feel loved and be able to love that person back. To know that someone is close, cares about you and that you can rely on them is a very powerful thing and really comforting.

The downside with a relationship tho is that you are an extension of the person you are with and it can compromise your identity, independence and even values if you dont hold the same.

lifesnotfair

I have all but given up on being in a relationship. I don't think i have what it takes to make a significant person happy. I am not a naturally a happy person to begin with. Secondly, due to mental illness among other problems, I would never want to put someone in the place to put up with my bulls**t. I'll be lucky if a woman would have enough pity to make out with me, let alone anything else.. :(

FriendlyShadow

I have all but given up on being in a relationship. I don't think i have what it takes to make a significant person happy. I am not a naturally a happy person to begin with. Secondly, due to mental illness among other problems, I would never want to put someone in the place to put up with my bulls**t. I'll be lucky if a woman would have enough pity to make out with me, let alone anything else.. :(

The feeling's mutual. :sad:

Acegame

Being in a relationship there have been times i´ve never felt happier and times i´ve never felt worse. So i guess there are more extreems. You´ll always have someone to share your highs and your lows with, but you´ll always feel responsible for the other which causes stress.

Being in a relationship is better than being alone in my opinion. Of course it has to be someone who is understanding of someone who has social anxiety.

lily

I'd say it's really hard for someone w/ SA to get a relationship b/c if you try to find another person with SA they'd probably or likely be too "afraid" or have something else like asperger's or autism where they can't relate emotionally and it hurts you.. I don't really know what asperger's/autism is but anyway that's my experience of looking for a relationship for me being a person of sa. they also have to be in your age group and be your type even though i don't look for perfect looks but i do have a type that at least if they're kind of your type.

lily

i won't be comfortable w/ a guy who is 'normal' b/c they can see that I'm not or at least not now unless they don't care about how i am.

lily

i would like a guy who's more spiritual or the same as me but i don't mind teaching either and one who is open to it.

lily

Life is hard, but at least I'm still doing things about it. Finding a relationship is hard for me b/c i look for certain qualities and have sa.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Life is hard, but at least I'm still doing things about it. Finding a relationship is hard for me b/c i look for certain qualities and have sa.

No different from a lot of other users here Lily. I think for most people, life is just hard.

Miserum

Definitely in a relationship, if I didn't have so many insecurities.

Life is so much better when you're loving and you feel loved.

MichaelB

Loneliness in our own life, it is only good for a moment to rest from the world around us. However, an real life is when we are in a relationship, if we can receive some support from that person.

kuze

I don't mind being lonely. I've never considered being in a romantic relationship. I'm way too ****ed up for something like that. The other person wouldn't understand me anyway, nobody gets me. I do envy those that find a partner to help, sadly, that's not in the cards for me. I've accepted this a long time ago. I don't waste my time even thinking about it anymore.