Being Single vs Being In A Relationship

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Relationship definitely.

Because in my belief when the relationship is good, it beats the best day when you are single hands down.

I chose being single.
From observing all the relationships/marriages I have witnessed over my lifetime, I have come to the sad conclusion that a "good" relationship is a fairy tale.
Sold to us for many, different reasons.
They simply don't exist. Men and women are just far too different psychologically to have a honest happy partnership.
Some people pretend they have one, and if that helps them get through life, that's up to them.

It's pathetically obvious what I choose - a relationship lol. A good and healthy one, though. One where we are both sublimely happy.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I chose being single.
From observing all the relationships/marriages I have witnessed over my lifetime, I have come to the sad conclusion that a "good" relationship is a fairy tale.

Same here. But then family dysfunction and hearing far from positive views on relationships over the last 15 or 16 years of my life has made me quite disillusion about relationships. So, that's why I'd prefer being single. :sad:

Plus, even if I did met a lassie, ah wouldn't be taking her to met my family anyway. F*ck that! :eek:mg: :bigsmile:

Sacrament

There's upsides and downsides to both, of course. A relationship means a companion, someone to confide in, all that good stuff. Being single works best if you're at peace with yourself and living your life, doing anything you want, etc.

Relationships are not very advisable if you're emotionally unstable, because it can lead to you becoming needy and possessive, and thus a bad boyfriend/girlfriend.

The best relationship is one where both people do their own thing and meet in the middle.

DeadmanWalking

I'd pick being in a relationship. The moments of pure bliss and happiness that you get when you're with that special person simply can't be beat. Living the single life does mean that you're not accountable for anyone but yourself and, at my age, I can find a sense of enjoyment in it. But, I'll lose it eventually and want to settle down. Besides, being alone in old age doesn't end well for most people.

Does that mean that I'll rush into any relationship? Never. I'd take being alone over being angry/miserable/unhappy. It's just a wish that I have that I keep in the back of my head as I live my life.

lily

i do have relationship barriers but i do want to have a go at being in a relationship and see if the person accepts me for who i am and stuff.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

V's

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

C'mon guys... Wouldn't you rather have SOME happiness?
I truly believe there is a match out there for everyone.. whether or not you cross paths is another matter..

F0AM

Relationship

jason-engagement-3.jpg

VS

Single

jason-engagement.jpg

Haha

I think both have pros and cons, each person should decide which ismore important. I for one prefer friends, people you can trust, talk to, have fun with, but at the same time each with its own space. Your true family, not the one that life chose for you, but the one you really choose.

As i said in other threads, i can't stand people for long periods of time. I have a great friend, i love her and to me she's my family, but even she can drain my energy. So i'm glad each of us have it's own life lol

I could not stand someone being constantly with me or living in the same house. I'm not saying i loath the idea of having someone "special". If i ever find someone THAT special to me then i'll be more than glad to give it a try but is not something i'm looking for.

That said, i understand the pros and why some people really want a relationship, but as i said, it's different for each person

: )

Sacrament

I think my main concern when it comes to people who really want a relationship is that often times they want to be in a relationship for the wrong reasons, ie, so they don't have to be alone. And that's a dangerous path because it easily leads to the things I described earlier (becoming needy, getting pissed at the other person if they want to hang out with other people, being constantly afraid of losing their companionship and thus going to extremes like giving them everything you think they need, etc).

FriendlyShadow

I think my main concern when it comes to people who really want a relationship is that often times they want to be in a relationship for the wrong reasons, ie, so they don't have to be alone. And that's a dangerous path because it easily leads to the things I described earlier (becoming needy, getting pissed at the other person if they want to hang out with other people, being constantly afraid of losing their companionship and thus going to extremes like giving them everything you think they need, etc).

I absolutely agree with you! I think people are scared of being alone either because they see all their friends getting married/having kids or because they feel like they have to conform to social norms. I believe teenagers nowadays are moving too fast when it comes to dating. They'd rather jump straight into bed and have sex with a person they hardly even know. That's because in their mind it's now or never. It's almost disturbing how the media encourages it. I know people in their mid-teens who desperately want to get married, as if it were an urgent need. I just don't get it. I have depression and I will admit that I am pretty clingy/dependent, which is something I need to improve sooner or later. Though, I wouldn't solely depend on a relationship in order to get happiness. Personally I think it'd be too overwhelming for me, especially because of the state I'm in right now. But that's just me.