backpacking to Yukon, Canada?

LazyHermitCrab

Nols? I was going do the lightweight backpacking one. Yukon looks beautiful. I guess your going on your own since you live kinda closer, maybe? Anyway enjoy.

Feathers

Yeah guys, I suggest you get to know each other well first... And then plan any fun things...? :)

Also meet up at least 1x or several times online and ideally in 'live'...? (in a public place, with security measures undertaken, as if you were dating...)

Things to discuss are also levels of fitness, how many miles per day etc. How many have had experience with this already, who not? Budgets and such may come to mind too.. Background checks come to mind too.. :)
Is anyone trained in reading maps etc?
If everything really went well.. a short one-day hike together might be better first?

Also know, on long trips, personalities can clash or work as a team... Are there huts to stay at on the way, with other people, and ways to 'return to civilisation' if someone couldn't make it or there was an accident or something?
(In the mountains, some places don't even have cell-phone access... And where would you recharge cell-phones? Otherwise, solar re-chargers? Maybe you need to economize and only have the cell-phone turned on for an hour a day or so..)

Anyway, things to consider... I've been on vacations or hiking trips with some relative strangers or friends, I always knew where they were from though :), mostly it was (at least some) local people, relatives or friends I knew from before..

MollyBeGood

wow what an adventure that would be *jealous* but I would have to bring my dog!
I have been through the Yukon back in 1996. we were moving to Alaska but I wanted to stay in BC.

You only live once. be safe!

emerald_star733

I would love to go that far north and see the land of the midnight sun.. i believe that occurs in the Yukon, i could be wrong though... but soo cool at certain times of year... I hope you have the time of your life when you go!:)

LadyWench

Well, I live in the US, for the one thing. I have no money and too much anxiety to travel. I would LOVE to move to Canada, though. *Sigh.*

lavender

That sounds like a great experience. I would love to do something like that, but I'm in Ontario.

spartie

I live a half a day's drive from the Yukon border, in northeastern BC... if you're going north, you're going to have to travel along the Alaska Highway, and I live and work right by it. I'm planning on driving up there, or across to Alaska maybe in the summer.