Are you active or lazy?

user12053

mrb, Ive been depressed way before I started smoking :s... but about the running... a couple of years ago when I also was depressed, it actually did help going to the gym. I went 6 days a week and felt good, and I was in my best shape ever. Now Im in my worst shape ever and I really want to be good again. And stop smoking as well.
I know joining the gym costs, but it also motivate me to get out :)

iamthenra

I feel exhausted every day... It is rare that I feel like I have any energy at all, and just like you mentioned. It is extreme work to force myself to do some of the small tasks that most people take for granted. I will lay around in bed most of the day, every day, unless there is something that I HAVE to do. Like even now typing on the keyboard, I do it laying down in bed... Then I also have very bad allergies and asthma too, so I am not sure what is causing me to feel so very exhausted all the time.. It could very well be depression.

Myself

I'm very inactive, and because of the fact I used to comfort eat when I was heavily depressed throughout Year 9, 10 and 11, I also gained too much weight.

I need the motivation to help me lose it. x.x

Jannah

Banned
Sometimes I feel really tired and just lay on my bed and fall asleep for like 5 or 6 hours. But I'm a bit of a clean freak so my room is always clean and organized, I wash the dishes, I clean the bathroom after I use and so on. In the fall I rake the leaves, in the winter I shovel the snow and I do any other thing my mom asks of me, but most of the time I don't really do much expect eat and sit in front of my computer.

mikestar

Banned
Become more lazy since my depression has kicked in. In order to do things you have to enjoy doing them and want to do them, in my case theres nothing.

Adammm

I think i'm quite active, but a lot of the time i don't have anything to do, so end up sitting in bed on my laptop all day. When i'm living at uni i'm usually quite busy, have things to do during the day and go out with friends sometimes at nights. But living at home (as i am at the moment and until September) i just don't have anything to do. I sometimes spend 3 or 4 days just locked in my bedroom only going downstairs to get food.

I tend to be way happier when i'm more active and doing things, and enjoy the feeling of getting some time to myself to relax after a busy few days. I'd love to get a job to keep me active, but the whole getting a job process (searching for a job, interviews, training etc) scares me a lot, and it'd seem pointless getting a job at home, when i'd have to quit it in just a few weeks when i move back to uni. :rolleyes:

overcome.

i'm pretty active. i work out hard in the gym, bodybuilding/fitness is my main passion. i put all of my energy whether it be positive or negative into training. all of that emotion, that desire and anger to get further, put it into something positive. you will fantastic results from whatever it is you put your mind to, if you have the right mind set :)

neko

Yeah I'm pretty much the same... Very lazy and delay my chores and such. I should also exercise for at least 30 minutes per day but I rarely do it.

jamie99

I do my 4 hours of work everyday then sleep a little, then spend the rest of the day on the PC which is like 12 hours or more. I usually miss my appointments for the week for no good reason. I'm very inconsistent.

2Crowded

I am not lazy....I exercise almost every day these days....basicly ride my bike all the time anymore..least 20-25 miles a day except on Sunday..on Sunday I am really in jepardy of going nuts lately..i think im trying to ride away the pain & the fear of not knowing how to fix my depressed state...or the fear of never advancing into a happier existance..which is really only atainable by employment which i feel is a death sentence if not a prison....& I need a woman in my life...one that will love me & heck maybe even get married before im 50..um..ya..i will keep peddling & dreaming.

WelshOne

I'm pretty active. I have to work every evening, and it's physical work (though not all that heavy.) Also, I now spend every Monday with a mental health group in the forest, and again that involves light physical work, from 10am to 3pm. Weekends I've been helping my Dad do some building work on his house, too... so another 2 full days there.

When I have nothing much to do, though, I find myself lying in bed with my laptop a lot... and more often than not I end up sleeping for a few hours before I have to work at 5pm.

AlleyCat

I'm pretty active for the most part. I don't really like just sitting around and not doing anything. I also find that if I keep myself busy it helps takes my mind off my problems. Unfortunately, my motivation completely disappears on the days when I'm feeling my lowest.

FOR REAL

Banned
a bit of both, but i love when my house is all tidy n stuff, dishes are all washed etc, it makes me feel less depressed

another thing is i love changing the bed covers and sheets, cause when i get to bed its like heaven.

it would be even more like heaven if i had a female to share it with! any takers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh well, worth a try!!

iamthenra

it would be even more like heaven if i had a female to share it with! any takers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh well, worth a try!!

I hear ya mate!! I'm right there with ya on that one too! Any takers for a couple lonely bachelors?
3759933257_2ed229f766_o.gif
Whoa...excuse me! Does it smell in here? Must have been the cabage I had earlier today...
3760729636_aef410dbf9_o.gif

Fighter86

Lazy, but more of tired and lack of interest I think. I really am tired like all the time, I mean I could practically sleep 16hrs a day, and still be tired, its quite amazing. And lack of interest I guess, I just don't find anything interests me much, just feel pretty restless.

Oh wait, travel interests me, I went for a short trip over the weekend two week ends ago, and really enjoyed that one.