Are you active or lazy?

Fairy001

Yes, and I attribute the overwhelming lethargy to depression. I always was an active person, when I don't feel depressed I am active, but the rest of the time I am exhausted and often just not caring.

Peace

market.garden

Same here. I sometimes spend days on end in my bedroom or just mooching around the house. Feels like a monumental effort to do even the most simplest of things.

recluse

I've got a routine of working out every other day which i've stuck to for a month o'r so now so that helps to keep me on my toes. I have no problem cleaning and cutting the grass in the garden, i actually enjoy it lol. The area i lack motivation is looking for work. I've been unemplyes for a month and i can't get the energy to llok for a job.

Lexmark

I am sooooo lazy
i go to gym and thats about all i do
house is a mess and i dont do anything

It's this damn computer machine, as long as I can use it I can't get anything done. The power went out for a few days after a storm last week and I had no choice but to do other things, and it felt great. Now the power is back and I'm hunched over the puter again. So I'm pretty lazy. I keep my pets fed and the litter box clean because I can't stand it if it's not and that's about it.

DASwife

I'm actually the exact opposite. I find the more active I am the less time I have to dwell on sucky thoughts. I get depressed when I can't find work to distract myself with.

If you think I'm lazy, I think you're crazy.

I would by no means consider myself active, but I don't think I'm really lazy either. I don't do much, but I really don't have much to do. I don't need to clean or anything like that because there's nothing to clean up, and if I ever do I know I would. One thing I know is that whenever I have the opportunity to do anything, I almost always take it. No matter how horrible it is, it's so much better than sitting around in sickening boredom.

I kind of like being told what to do, I know that sounds weird. I kind of wish I had more around the house to do sometimes, just for a break. Well, there is always stuff to do around the house, but I mean the simple things. It's already clean though. So bored, all the time. Bleh.

x000x

I'm lazy all the time. I try to go to the gym every night, but i miss quite a few nights and I don't stay very long. I don't feel like doing anything, except talk to people online all day, every day. I'm always bored even though I have a bunch of stuff I can do. I just don't find anything fun now. This happens to me a lot.

dottie

lazy.

if i had more money to throw around i would be more active, take classes, go to restaurants, go to movies, drive to the city. i live in poverty and it is expensive to leave your house. i cannot afford bridge toll and gas money just because i want to get out.

Skatergirl

Banned
I am like that too. And my parents just told me a day ago i have to change that.
I feel really stupid of myself. I AM actually active i love doing things.
But because of this ****ing anxiety i do almost nothing.
But today i am about to make a new start.. Doing more like cleaning and stuff.
It makes other people happy too.. So i will do it for them.. :)
But i am not the type who wants to be lazy, so that kinds of bothers me.
Because i wish i could change that..... I want to show the people i can do more..

Last edited:

user12053

When I get up and do stuff, it helps be getting in a better mood, so I just dont understand why it's so hard for me to do something instead of just sitting down all day.

I feel better doing stuff but at the same time, I feel that Im sort of wasting time, and I have no idea why.

Do you know what I mean?

x000x

When I get up and do stuff, it helps be getting in a better mood, so I just dont understand why it's so hard for me to do something instead of just sitting down all day.

I feel better doing stuff but at the same time, I feel that Im sort of wasting time, and I have no idea why.

Do you know what I mean?

I feel like I'm wasting time too sometimes. I do feel pretty good when I get out of the house and hang out with a friend, but then I start feeling like I want to go home and do something else. Then I get home and I feel bored. This makes me very confused because it's like no matter what I do I get bored or want to do something else.

mrb

you need a hobby zumas try getting fit running weights bike riding , you will feel ten times better for it , oh and also give up the ciggies lol

x000x

you need a hobby zumas try getting fit running weights bike riding , you will feel ten times better for it , oh and also give up the ciggies lol

I've been working out and running a lot, but I don't feel much better at all. I felt good the first few times I went, but now I don't get that good feeling anymore.

user12053

mrb, online poker is my hobby, but that wont get me away from the couch :p
I dont have a bike and I have 7 ciggies left ;)

I could take a walk, but isnt that a little boring...? Today I wanted to drive through the city I just moved to, and get to know it, so I dont get lost... But did I go... No. Why? I think I'll regret going there because it'll get boring just driving around alone.

I've also been thinking about joining a fitness club, but havent done it yet. Been thinking about joining a poker club, havent done it yet. Organize stuff, havent done it yet. Make dinner, havent done it yet, etc.

Anyway, Ive had enough, Im calling the doctor tomorrow :S

mrb

some doctors do say the chemicals in ciggies cause depression , and does make you lethargic , my mate was depressed and had no energy , he gave up smokin , 3 months later hes a diff person happy , doing stuff ect , but giving up was the hardest thing he ever did , its murder trying to quit but end results are worth it , exercise is the best way i have found to beat boardum the fitter you get , the better you will feel about your self , easy to slide into a lazy way of life , harder to climb out of it , you just need to get motivated , you dont really need to join a gym , running is free , also buy a few weights , press ups ect ect do it to your fav music thats what i do , hard core rave mostly lol gets the blood pumpin , oh and buy a bike , take a bottle of water and a picnic , get out in the sunshine ....... unless its raining outside lol