Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 349 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 204 36.9%

• Total voters

SickCycleCarousel

I'm almost 26..I'm not a virgin..but I really wish I was. It has been about five years since the last time I was with a guy..I kinda feel like I still am in a way (there is a lot I still haven't done)...

Newtype

iamthenra, listen to Chlo, she has great wisdom! Don't beat yourself down. If you waited this long, then it just means that when you finally find her, she's gonna be quite an amazing woman =)

Pookah

This means different things for males vs. females. It is hard to see the pov of the other sex but being a virgin I think can be good, can mean you have standards yet being one can make you feel you are missing out on affection (my pov.) Even if you aren't a virgin you can starve for affection.

iamthenra

iamthenra you should never apologize for saying how you feel on a support forum, thats what this forum is all about.

I have been loved before, i was even engaged once (haha) but love is not always all its cracked up to be if its not with the right person. im guessing youve tired internet dating? but dont give up on something you long for, take as many nocks as your given and just try try again ! we all have to do it!
I myself hate been single, i want to be loved too and have someone. I have started talking to this guy online and he is such a genuine person and sweet .. see what happens [to be continued] hehe

Yeah, you are correct about trying the online dating scene. When I was 38 years old, I went on my first date ever with a gal who was the same age. She lived in Florida which is a 3 hour jet flight away from me. I met her at her work, and we had an amazing 3 days together. I mean we got along really well, but she didn't want to move to where I am from. Long story, she changed her mind about moving from her mother. Which is why I didn't want to move too. I had 2 more dates with other ladies, and that was it.... Currently I am in college in a nursing program, and I was honestly hoping to meet someone there. Sadly, they are all half my age. It makes me feel so old.

I have to say this... If that is your picture on your avatar you are gorgeous.
Thanks again...

iamthenra

thank you iamthenra

why did you not have sex with the girl from florida if you dont mind me asking :)

We just met..... I need to be in love and trust the other person first... Guess I am old fashioned? I may have sexual OCD, but I still have my own values / morals to deal with....

Newtype

We just met..... I need to be in love and trust the other person first... Guess I am old fashioned?

Nah, not old fashioned, just a really good man for sticking to those values for all this time. Love is important. If there's no love, then you'll have waited for nothing. It needs to be a memorable experience.

madness_lover

There's nothing wrong with having a good set of values. Imagine the world we would live in without them. I hope you get what you want someday iamthenra.

iamthenra

Nah, not old fashioned, just a really good man for sticking to those values for all this time. Love is important. If there's no love, then you'll have waited for nothing. It needs to be a memorable experience.

madness_lover

There's nothing wrong with having a good set of values. Imagine the world we would live in without them. I hope you get what you want someday iamthenra.

Thank you both! I honestly do feel a bit weird for admitting this at my age. Watching the 40 year old virgin, wasn't all that funny for me. It was a bit painful to watch.... So much of the film reminded me of "me".... Honestly, with SA, I feel powerless to change my situation and actually find someone who actually loves me. I think I have a better chance winning the lottery in all honesty. This all makes me very sad, to think I will get old and gray without ever experiencing this, just makes me very depressed... Something so simple and others take it for granted except us with SA. We understand what it's like to have a lot of difficulties socializing enough to find a girlfriend or boyfriend and then to actually meet the right one to marry them... That would be a dream come true. To be married. I can dream.... since that is all I have left....because hope is lost.:rolleyes:

recluse

You know what you're a decent guy iamthenra and i hope you do find a woman who will appreciate that.

I can relate to feeling uncomfortable watching 40 year old virgin, o'r any other film featuring a ''socially inept'' character. Although you may think i am young at 29 i can still relate.

U

userremoved

I guess we've got to ask ourselves. Which is more terrifying, dying alone or being rejected? =/

iamthenra

I guess we've got to ask ourselves. Which is more terrifying, dying alone or being rejected? =/

And that sir, IS the problem.... As they are both equally terrifying in my mind.

Why oh why, didn't I take the blue pill....

And Recluse, you are a terrific guy yourself. Thank you for saying such nice things about me. I too hope that you find someone as well... I hope anyone reading this will find happiness whatever it may be. To wish for something simple and obtainable your entire life, and not be able to get it really is sad....

Last edited:
U

userremoved

And that sir, IS the problem.... As they are both equally terrifying in my mind.

Believe me I understand. I've been pondering the question myself for the last half an hour trying to understand just what went wrong in my mind that fear of such a temporary pain could be so overpowering to me. Logically it makes no sense but my mind somehow accepts it. Hopefully I'll have this crap figured out some day soon.

iamthenra

Believe me I understand. I've been pondering the question myself for the last half an hour trying to understand just what went wrong in my mind that fear of such a temporary pain could be so overpowering to me. Logically it makes no sense but my mind somehow accepts it. Hopefully I'll have this crap figured out some day soon.

Well my friend, if you do, please let me know.... I'm dieing over here.... (not physically... you know what I mean...)

That IS the problem with SA... The "FEAR" is irrational fear, so to try to define SA or anything to do with it is irrational as well.... Whoa...too many irrational things bouncing around in me head... Ha ha! What worries me, is in 8 years I will be a 50 year old virgin..... EEEK! Not good.... Not good at all. NO experiences to fall back on so late in life is NOT a good thing, especially if I find me bonnie lass....

Uber Schnitzel

I'm 26 (today!) and it's been about 10 years since I lost mine so to answer the question - not by a long shot. Luckily for me it was with a girl I really cared for, we were in love and thought we would be together forever. Looking back on it now I'm really glad that it was the way it was. It was very special, very romantic and very epic :)

To Iamthenra, I think you're intentions are noble and I believe there is someone (well several, if you go purely by numbers) for everyone and it's just a matter of time before you find yours. One thing though, once you do lose your virginity you have to promise us you'll sing "Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine in" :D
I like to sing after sex - last time I got kicked out of bed though :eek:

lilmutegirl

Well, the fact that I gave birth 3 years ago probably answers that, though I wish I had never had sex--at least not with the people I did. My husband raped me for 2 years, so it wasn't a pleasant experience. I actually think my SA made me more susceptible to being guilted/coerced/forced into having sex, since I have trouble asserting myself because of it. I wish that I felt either way (a virgin or not) it was my decision, not someone else's.