Are/were you a scene kid?

Iluv

Nope. I'd say sort of a combination though. Yeah sometimes my hair get's colored a bit of this and that but I do not look anything like anybody I see that considers themselves scene. I don't straighten my hair, I wear guys hats, and guy sweaters but I do wear skinny jeans and girlie shoes. And I like doing my makeup like some of the girls but it hardly looks like them.

MikeyC

In heavy metal circles, a "scene kid" is someone who likes unfavourable -core bands, wears skinny jeans and has an emo haircut.

I don't like the term "scene kid" because it implies you're doing something just to fit in which is probably not the case.

WeirdyMcGee

I think the whole... 'scene' thing happened after I had already graduated highschool. There weren't really 'emo' kids either... a few punks and goths, but not much for subgenres. haha

My hair was pretty scene for awhile in grade 11, though. I had a very asymmetrical bob (longest part was chest length- shortest part was pixie) with a white bleached streak going down the 'tail' that I would dye fuschia and aqua blue from time to time.
I got picked on all the time for having a hairstyle like that though. I thought it was very fashion forward. haha-- not the 'pin straight, ironed, one tone with highlights' hairstyle that every other girl in school had.

edit: piercings are a scene thing, too? ohhhh... I had 30 in my ears.
If I were classed as anything other than 'poor recluse' back then, it would probably be nerd. Always queen of the nerds.

Last edited:

ScaredToBreathe

i dont label myelf but i do look scene sometimes, i especially did last year now people just say im goth. but i dont have the stereotypical scence personality at all.

chocchipz

Oh man, I was the epitome of scene kid back in the day haha. Kinda grown out of it though, still like all the same music and stuff though!

YellowBird

i guess i fit into the label "hipster",the term is older than the internet,but it's like everything else,"what counterculture should we bring back this year?","i'm thinking about hipster,hipster it is".clothes wise the past 3 years i think i look more hipstery,but i feel like i'm a combo of grunge,riot girl,mod,at least that's how i feel,it's in me.