Arachnophobia

squidgee

Spiders.
I hate spiders so much.

Just 20 minutes ago as I opened my closet, a spider was dangling from a thin string of silk. It took me a couple seconds to realise what it was, and as soon as I did, I bolted for the vacuum cleaner. My dad asked me what the hell I was doing and as soon as he came to my room and saw what it was that was bothering me, he just raised his hand and punched that smug spider right in the face!

And then the spider died and fell to the floor.

And then I'm wondering how the hell people have the courage to do such a thing because I'm arachnophobic and spiders (in addition to every other creepy crawlie) scare the sh*t out of me.

How I perceive spiders, maybe a tad exaggerated.
Hyperbole and a Half: Spiders are Scary. It's Okay to be Afraid of Them. *UPDATED*

And this as well
Why I Hate Cobwebs - The Oatmeal

Seriously, I hate spiders. Anyone else here have an intense hatred towards these fear inducing creatures?

Flanscho

Hmmmm, no. Well I'm a bit nervous around dogs that I don't know. And wasps can make me a bit nervous too. But I guess that's it. I don't mind spiders. Here in Germany there exists no single dangerous species of spider, and 99.9% of those spiders that DO live here can't even pierce your skin. I guess if you live in Australia, where dangerous spiders do exist, then that's quite different. But here, if I find a spider, I either leave it there, carry it carefully outside, or put it on a plant.

Phoenixx

Yeah I do. I hate spiders too and I'm terrified of them. Just the other evening as I was coming into the kitchen I saw a fairly big spider bolt across the floor. I froze right in the entryway and since I wasn't wearing shoes I was not entering that kitchen. I just had my mom kill the thing and all was good. I can't kill spiders very well either. Often I will go get the vaccuum cleaner or grab a shoe, but if it's big I can't kill it. I don't know why, I just get so frightened of the stupid things and can't even make a move.

Love those two comics you posted. I've read them before, they're great! :thumbup:

bcsr

I love spiders. They eat the more annoying insects. Spiders are good people.

Geo

Thumb sized spiders are the biggest you see around here and I tolerate them well. I probably would freak out if I went somewhere else and saw a tarantula or something. But that probably doesn't mean I have arachnophobia.

laure15

I am scared of spiders and one of the reasons is I can't tell whether a spider is poisonous or not. Also, their appearance freaks me out. When I see their hairy arms and legs, multiple eyes, and other parts, I get very uncomfortable.Even just imagining it gives me the chills. I know I'm not supposed to be discriminating against spiders this way because looks can be deceiving. Bulldogs may not look as attractive as other dogs but some of them have very nice personalities. But I can't think the same way for spiders for some reason. They just creep me out, period.

I love spiders. They eat the more annoying insects. Spiders are good people.

I try to tell myself this when I see a spider. But arachnophobia makes me irrational.

Lamb

I use to be terrified of spiders, but I grew an appreciation for them when there were pesky mosquitoes in the house, and observing webs in the woods.

I can't touch them, if they're near me they will be squished, but if they're down the stairs or in another room I will leave them be.

I'm afraid to click on those links as I don't want magnified spiders popping up. haha

squidgee

Yeah I do. I hate spiders too and I'm terrified of them. Just the other evening as I was coming into the kitchen I saw a fairly big spider bolt across the floor. I froze right in the entryway and since I wasn't wearing shoes I was not entering that kitchen. I just had my mom kill the thing and all was good. I can't kill spiders very well either. Often I will go get the vaccuum cleaner or grab a shoe, but if it's big I can't kill it. I don't know why, I just get so frightened of the stupid things and can't even make a move.

Love those two comics you posted. I've read them before, they're great! :thumbup:

Yep, the vacuum cleaner is your best friend when spiders are around. I especially hate the spindly ones with long, thin legs.

Great, I feel paranoid now and I have my feet off the floor.

squidgee

I use to be terrified of spiders, but I grew an appreciation for them when there were pesky mosquitoes in the house, and observing webs in the woods.

I can't touch them, if they're near me they will be squished, but if they're down the stairs or in another room I will leave them be.

I'm afraid to click on those links as I don't want magnified spiders popping up. haha

It's kind of the same for me. If there's a spider in the house somewhere, I will flip out like crazy. Yet I've had huntsman spiders randomly scurrie across my arm when I'm outside and I simply flick them off accompanied by a sense of accomplishment.

dottie

tumblr_m4f0i0dZ8P1qdlh1io1_400.gif