Anyone ''crushing'' on someone in real life? (5 questions for you to answer)

skizzomorphe

1) Most interaction is on the internet.
2) Since October 2009.
3) We go to school together.
4) She knows I at least used to.
5) Maybe, there's little hints, but I've been dead wrong before.

Pink_Paula

I've got a crush on a few people at the moment, which is bad considering i've just started seeing someone hehe ::eek::

anomicdeer

1) Do you interact with this person, talk to, work with, etc?
Yes, I talk to this person, sometimes.

2) For how long have you felt this way about them?
The first day I saw him. (about 6 months ago)

3) What are the circumstances surrounding the situation and/or relationship..how did you meet?
His job.

4) Does the girl/guy know how you feel?
I never told anyone. But maybe he thinks so.

5) Why aren't you together..do you think you could be one day?

It's possible. I mean, this person probably would date me but it will most likely never happen. Actually, they said they would. But... I rather not explain anymore. He probably changed his mind anyways, I don't know.

Last edited:

xxaimsxx

Is there someone you know and are attracted to in your real life? If so, i have a few questions for you to answer :)

3) What are the circumstances surrounding the situation and/or relationship..how did you meet?

Yes! i still like my ex. He texted me a few weeks back and he doesnt know i have SA now and assumed i was the same old me so that was awkward. :confused:

Theres always been something between us but i didnt ask if he was single. Too shy! Besides i reckon it would be tricky dating now.

schist

Is there someone you know and are attracted to in your real life? If so, i have a few questions for you to answer :)

1) Quite often.

2) A few months now.

3) Met at a friend's party.

4) No.

5) She's asexual.

Richey

1) Yes, we talk, at work, she's in my team.

2) A few months, really nice, I just like her.

3) At work, she's really nice, very successful, I feel grateful that she even acknowledges me sometimes.

4) I have never told her how I feel, she might have some idea, and knows that I think she's nice and friendly, but I don't know what goes on inside her head. For all I know I may not be someone she thinks about. I just don't know.

5) Why aren't you together..

Because from what I can tell, she likes really really strong men, will only consider a guy that ticks a lot of boxes of her needs and wants a guy who will provide a house and security, wants a guy who has a great job and who physically meets her needs as well as with playfulness.

I don't provide those needs. Yeah I have a job, the ability to rent etc..we sort of get on...

But it's not even close to meeting her needs.

Do I feel sad? Yeah, it's tough going, it's a reality check for me to improve, but I walk around feeling like a complete failure deep down.

But, oh well...

Just got to move on and forget about it, just focus on the work and find someone who would enjoy me.

Last edited:

MikeyC

1. I talk to her, yeah, but mainly through text messaging.

2. Not very long. Maybe a month.

3. We met because I was just confident enough to give her my number at her place of work. :)

4. She should know. I've hinted it many times.

5. She's too shy and I may be slightly too old for her. I think we could one day but it has to come from her.

MikeyC

5) Why aren't you together..

Because from what I can tell, she likes really really strong men, will only consider a guy that ticks a lot of boxes of her needs and wants a guy who will provide a house and security, wants a guy who has a great job and who physically meets her needs as well as with playfulness.

I don't provide those needs. Yeah I have a job, the ability to rent etc..we sort of get on...

But it's not even close to meeting her needs.

Do I feel sad? Yeah, it's tough going, it's a reality check for me to improve, but I walk around feeling like a complete failure deep down.

But, oh well...

Just got to move on and forget about it, just focus on the work and find someone who would enjoy me.
From her list of demands, there can't be too many guys meeting her needs (even though there's nothing wrong with being choosy). I wouldn't go beating yourself up and thinking you're a failure, because there's going to be other girls out there who are looking for someone exactly like you.

Livemylife

From her list of demands, there can't be too many guys meeting her needs (even though there's nothing wrong with being choosy). I wouldn't go beating yourself up and thinking you're a failure, because there's going to be other girls out there who are looking for someone exactly like you.

Ok, I must be missing something here, or perhaps being too logical. What is so challenging about her desires?
A man who meets her needs physically? Uh, not quite sure what that means, I'm assuming a guy who satisfies her sexually? That doesn't sound like asking for too much at all. Her liking strong men doesn't seem too harsh...Being playful, well that's just a trait she's into. I can't relate to being interested in someone who is playful. Sounds like a trait I'd look for in a cat. A guy with a great job who can provide a home and security? Makes sense to me, can't imagine wanting a homeless guy unless I was already homeless. Well Richey, you shouldn't think of yourself as a failure. I don't understand why you are measuring yourself by someone else's desires.

Nope.

I like having one sometimes but often it's just painful when I don't feel I'm ready to have a relationship with anyone. I don't know if/when I'll ever be ready since I'm such a mess and have been for quite some time, but maybe someday... In the meantime, I don't want any more crushes. They're silly and go nowhere and sometimes cause pain.

MikeyC

Ok, I must be missing something here, or perhaps being too logical. What is so challenging about her desires?
A man who meets her needs physically? Uh, not quite sure what that means, I'm assuming a guy who satisfies her sexually? That doesn't sound like asking for too much at all. Her liking strong men doesn't seem too harsh...Being playful, well that's just a trait she's into. I can't relate to being interested in someone who is playful. Sounds like a trait I'd look for in a cat. A guy with a great job who can provide a home and security? Makes sense to me, can't imagine wanting a homeless guy unless I was already homeless. Well Richey, you shouldn't think of yourself as a failure. I don't understand why you are measuring yourself by someone else's desires.
He mentions she wants someone that'll "tick a lot of her boxes," so I assumed there were more that wasn't mentioned. I don't know entirely, of course, so I was relying on the evidence he provided.

EDIT: I should also mention that I did write that there was nothing wrong with being choosy. If she wants someone like she has in her head, then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

Livemylife

He mentions she wants someone that'll "tick a lot of her boxes," so I assumed there were more that wasn't mentioned. I don't know entirely, of course, so I was relying on the evidence he provided.

EDIT: I should also mention that I did write that there was nothing wrong with being choosy. If she wants someone like she has in her head, then I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Oh ok, yes the word "choosy" surprised me; it doesn't seem like the right word for the lady, based on the evidence he provided. But that's just my opinion. As I said, I don't see her boxes being too much to ask for, and I was surprised that someone would. And yes, there is nothing wrong with what she wants. Very logical indeed.

MikeyC

Oh ok, yes the word "choosy" surprised me; it doesn't seem like the right word for the lady, based on the evidence he provided. But that's just my opinion. As I said, I don't see her boxes being too much to ask for, and I was surprised that someone would. And yes, there is nothing wrong with what she wants. Very logical indeed.
Well, I'm glad we can somewhat agree. :bigsmile: :thumbup:

alxbkr

Yes

Long

Mutual friends

Nope

Had bad history. Looking to move on/ meeting new people.
If it's meant to be then yeah one day it will happen

Kiwong

Attraction always ends in pain and rejection that is my experience. Any interest that surfaces resurrects such uncomfortable memories, and obsessive thoughts. Having a crush is almost like a sickness, nearly as bad as anxiety. Not being able to get someone out of your mind almost 24/7. Feeling sick with nerves when they are around.

I was reading an old diary about how I felt when I had a crush on someone at Uni. It was horrible. A painful experience. I wouldn't want to go back to feeling that way ever again.