any natural stuff that does calm nerves?

EscapeArtist

exercise exercise exercise, yoga, meditation. I have been taking Rhodiola Rosea for awhile, every 2nd day for 2 months, maybe it's just because I went off of that horrible zoloft, but i'm less prone to hiding my emotions lately.

When I'm alone, improvised calm rhythmic dancing seems to do the trick (without music). Also works for creative blocks and even insomnia sometimes.

When there are people around, I just try to order my thoughts. Doesn't always work.

Both are free, so try-worthy. ;)

Feathers

Exercise, ideally on fresh air, maybe walks every day... Sunshine too..

Eat something: food in general makes you feel better (of course in moderation) - you may have low blood sugar or lack some essential vitamins/minerals or such. Avoid sweets and sodas (sugar and phosphoric acid destroy the good minerals and vitamins). Some people even need to avoid sweet fruit and need more protein to stabilize blood sugar. (So white pasta can work for a bit, you may need something more to 'stabilize' it or the blood sugar will drop..)
Some people may have food sensitivities (gluten, milk..) and may need to avoid certain foods..

Also good for nerves: apples, oatmeal... some herbal teas like melissa or mint (though in moderation)

You may be lacking B vitamins or magnesium, good to check first, eg on Cronometer or fitday... (free programs where you can track your nutrition and see if there are any mineral/vitamin deficits) There's info on foods rich with these online too.. It's good to eat a balanced variety of foods..
Chocolate has magnesium and some other things too, so that can explain the cravings sometimes.. It may be better to go for dark chocolate or other sources of magnesium though... (like leafy greens etc) Hmm, I'm hungry, lol!

Last edited:

mossieman

i've always used kalms, not sure what is in them never looked but they are herbal. been using them on & off for over 10 yrs & they always worked for me.

Furbix

ESD shoes, crazy but works a bit for me and I've made an earthing mat for using whilst on the computer. Other than that, I do a few lines of st johns wort or I megadose it for stressful times. Phenibut seems to work excellent but the come down is horrid.

Phoenixx

Drinking hot herbal tea usually helps me. I especially have been liking this one >>> Tazo Calm Tea | Tea | CoffeeRocket.com. I'll admit the effects don't last too long (Only an hour or so for me), but it does help me calm down a lot. It makes me feel peaceful, and I'll take that even if it's only for an hour. :) You should be able to find this at any grocery store with a good size tea selection.