Any misanthropes ?

Kamen

Are there any misanthropes here? Disappointed people, who find humankind detrimental and disgusting? I do because of the selfishness, self-destruction, egoism, cruelty, sinfulness and so on...

I don't think I'm a misanthrope, but I often feel the world is a horrible place. I truely believe that most people are just selfish and only care for themselves. I don't usually try to worry about society as a whole though, I don't care.

alwmt

Wow, I never knew that there was a name for loathing humans. Now I know that I am a misanthrope. I loathe human beings for all of the horrible things that they do to each other and every other living organism on this planet.

Kamen

Maybe I wouldn't loathe humans if they were not killing John Lennon's dream that he sings in Imagine... :cry:

typewriterx

I have a love/hate relationships with humankind. I'm really a pacifist and generally love everyone. It's just how people act sometimes that really pisses me off.

Jellybeans

no way! most people i know are pretty alright, honestly. somehow it's good to know... if you were gone, there would always be someone missing you. as weird as that sounds.. lol

chris87

I don't think I'm misanthropic, although I do think a lot of people are self-centered, which sometimes makes me dislike others. Most of the time, those issues are the least of my concerns.

madeup

Not in the least.

Behavior doesn't define a person.

The biggest assholes are often the ones who have faced the most hardship.

Hate is a waste of energy.

and... in the end everyone is just looking for unconditional love by whatever means they learned when they were younger.

Richey

There are times when i adopt the misanthrope attitude, if i'm feeling rather bitter and angsty but i'd never tag myself with that description, its unhealthy to live by labels because change occurs in endless cycles ...

certainly its easy to become annoyed and distant from people that are clearly doing the rworng thing, like i become angry when i watch tv and see all these advertisements of fake people selling their insincere stories for cash to sell a product ..or when a Mcdonalds add comes in, AS IF THEY NEED advertising, there are outlets in every suburb across the world, so evil empires like that and sales people, sales people are the worst especially the ones that are so clearly fake and will say any old thing to get a sale ..

then there are people who just have the wrong opinions on current events and news that its sickening ...

but i'm particularly bitter towards bosses and management and often people i work with in authority, there is a universal attitude that you must earn their respect and you feel like a slave and they try and make you think that they are superior in role thus are superior as a being(not everyone is like that though)

most jobs in general are like this or have been for me and i really dont know how to deal with it other then ignoring, honestly i'd rather not be involved at all but how else do i earn a wage, either work for myself or free-lance thats the goal for me ..

even a company telling me to be somewhere by this time and lunch starts and finishes at these times, you are telling me how to live, this makes me very bitter and unhappy

its like selling my soul to the devil, and anything that involves that sort of dedication deserves a lot of money in return to even get me there in the first place, especially 5 days a week, i cant stand the adult life and responsibility of earning enough to live and what it entails, sorry but its not my cup of tea unless its 100% worth doing, i envy artists that can make money off of contracts doing what they love, my favourite bands and painters were lucky enough to live life doing what they love for a living on their own time ..

this will seem extreme but when i worked full-time for 3 years as a printer i felt suicidal knowing what i was doing was against my morals of giving my time to a business for ordinary pay when my heart was telling me to live by my rules and to even life on the streets until i found my stride in the career of my dream, but i needed money to rent ....and this all in my late-teens to early twenties which is now and already the prospect of working another 20 years for companies that i dont care about and that it steals away my time is a horrible prospect and i dont see any positives in that

now i'm back at university i keep thinking i'll be working for a degree that'll lead to a job that i'll most likely not be happy in as it'll entail what ive already described, even though i enjoy the conent and subject of the course this doesnt mean i'll have control of my own work at a job ...

so yehhhh

Ken

I am so some degree. I try to give individual people a chance when I meet them, but it seems like most people are narrow-minded, idiots who don't even show a hint intellectual curiosity.

zootdroop

Ken said:
I am so some degree. I try to give individual people a chance when I meet them, but it seems like most people are narrow-minded, idiots who don't even show a hint intellectual curiosity.

My feelings exactly.

littl3misstrange

I don't hate humans, even though I say I do sometimes. I'd like to think the best of humanity, but since they've caused me so much pain, I've become rather cynical about society in general.

ClaudeBlair

littl3misstrange said:
I don't hate humans, even though I say I do sometimes. I'd like to think the best of humanity, but since they've caused me so much pain, I've become rather cynical about society in general.

same here :)